Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
Yeah, I also think that True Tears, Hanasaku Iroha and Uchouten Kazoku are all fantastic.

Blhue posted:

Was that Hanasaku Iroha movie any good, anyone know?
I thought it was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

Cannon was another decent show they did.
It's Canaan.

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

pandaK posted:

Goons liked that show? I thought it was incredibly asspull-y with decent fight scenes being its only saving grace.
I liked it but I was like 15 when I watched it, so.

Looking back on it, outside of the fight scenes and a few other things (like that awesome taxi driver), it indeed wasn't particularly good.

Dessel posted:

I swear the manager? (the serious business woman) and the character designer (the girl who seems to be always wearing weird stuff) have the same VA.
They don't. The manager is voiced by Nakahara Mai and the character designer (I assume you're talking about this girl) is voiced by Kayano Ai.

DiabloCthulhu fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 21, 2014

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

nielsm posted:

Second half has begun, and things are looking great
They sure are!

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

I wonder what happens when we go even further beyond?
This:

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

For that matter, isn't Aoi's voice a newbie as well?
The 5 main girls are all voiced by pretty much newcomers (which makes the mocking of committees in the 14th episode all the more amusing):

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

anime dudes are wierd
And so are anime girls. Let's be as inclusive as possible here.

Also, everyone who watches anime is weird, just because they watch anime.

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
Huh. Apparently, originally Shirobako was planned as a 4-cour show, with Miyamori going from the assistant to the desk, from there to the line producer and, then, finally, to the producer. Source (might be nsfw due to the ads).

Are you sad yet that that didn't happened? I am. Here's hoping that we will get the second season at some point (preferably soon).

DiabloCthulhu fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 24, 2015

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

K. Flaps posted:

Isn't the show selling like hotcakes?
It sure is (and it will be the second best selling fall show, behind UBW).

darkgray posted:

Hanasaku Iroha averaged about 8500 units per volume, while Shirobako is doing around 10k sold per volume so far. Might still increase, though.

K. Flaps posted:

If there's no second season I'll be furious.
The show is too good, so by the laws of anime production we will never get the second season. Start crying and being furious now :v:

DiabloCthulhu fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Feb 24, 2015

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

I think that link needs :nws: tags due to the ads. Opened it on my phone and got a naked anime woman on my screen.
Oh yeah, I forgot that it's yaraon and thus might have nsfw ads. Sorry about that :v:

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
Speaking of the show's staff awesome approach to it:

quote:

kViN posted:

Exodus' OVA (#1) has fake in-universe production credits, full of Shirobako characters we know

quote:

kViN posted:

Cute details in there - special KA credit for Segawa, Ema working on the first ep already, the shy animator doing inbetweens back then...

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
Hey, take a look at these ponkan⑧'s original Shirobako designs (especially at that Ema on the right, holy poo poo) from the BD booklet (courtesy of kViN; also, go hate on him for being mean to Zuka-chan).

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

K. Flaps posted:

Why is the Sword Art Online guy on the Ema drawing?
It's a great loss that we won't see Badass Ema dual-wielding pens.

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
Not a youtube but

http://puu.sh/gxkzv/ab1a07b137.webm

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
Ok, now this is really amusing (it's a building Mizushima based studio Taitanic off)

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

Understanding posted:

is that a bar?
It is.

Daedalus1134 posted:

It's in Oarai?
It is indeed.

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
You're not the only one.

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
Have some more ponkan⑧'s designs (from BD Vol. 4):

Can you guess to whom that hair from rejected Tarou design gone to???

Also, so you know how you can call to Musani using number listed here and hear different answers from different Musani staff each week? Here what's playing right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm-tQyYoC4Q

And here what was playing after Yano's comeback:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcOvUtHDPO0

Aoi is so happy :3: And also maybe gone insane a little bit :v:

DiabloCthulhu fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 25, 2015

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
Lol at those 3 dudes from the production committee still arguing with each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
So Aoi apparently can multiply!

• Locked thread