Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
This was great, and I just caught up after I didn't watch for a while (no reason, really). I must have said it in the last thread, but this game really is the best platformer to me. Even its sequel can't surpass it (it's, for lack of a better word, too "gimmicky" for me).

Get Out! is probably my favourite sequence, it's so perfectly orchestrated for flow and spectacle, and it's not a simple button-pressing overly scripted exercise either...simply amazing.

One thing the LP has showed me, by the way...I didn't realize you would shoot faster on the mosquito if you hammered on the button. I always held it down. This probably explains why I appreciate the sucking move far, far more. Still, to pierce through a bunch of small fries with a big enemy which would have taken too long to shoot down without sucking it up, it still holds up.

Looking forward to the wonderful Land of the Livid Dead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Congratulations on finishing this! A very nice blend of skilled gameplay and good commentary, I think you really managed to do the game justice :).

And yeah, Land of the Livid Dead is the best level in the game, and the bone serpent segment is the best in it. When I reached that, I experienced the purest joy I had ever felt when playing a platformer. It's. So. Good.

• Locked thread