Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Regy Rusty posted:

I think the sequel is better in every way.

The sequel is easier difficulty wise but, it's better in every other way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The music in the Fire themed areas of Gourmand Land is my favourite in both games, it's just so good, and the "vocals" that go along with it, just make it even better.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'll say this, I did finish every single level in the game, including the final one, but I didn't really do most of the time trials, and that goes for Legends too, and holy poo poo did that game have some nasty stages for speedrunning.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The Vita version actually has a few exclusive trophies and gimmicks, you can tap enemies on the screen to kill them when they are bubbled and also collect any Lums or hearts in bubbles, there's also new collectibles, 3 per level and these require a lot of screen tapping to locate since they are hidden in the scenery, but they do make a very distinctive noise when you are close to them.

All this unlocks is a little wall mural back at the Tree of Wisdom, there's 1 for Rayman and 1 for Globox and I believe it shows backstory for them, I've not collected all of them myself as it's purely trophy related and there's a hell of a lot of them to find.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Naturally on versions of Origins that have achievements/trohpies, the Mosquito's secondary attack has an achievement linked to it, and that's to suck up 50 enemies, and you'll never use it again after.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Air is lava! posted:

Wow, this game is bigger than I thought. I was under the impression that you'd get all of the levels from Origins in Legends, but there seem to be a few they didn't include in the sequel.

They also made the levels they included a lot easier, like removing some obstacles, making jumps easier and a few other tweaks, so people who play Legends first will be in for one hell of a wake up call when they play Origins.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Well the new worlds are a lot more difficult than the rest of the game, and they also contain actual boss fights which are not really hard, fun though.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Oh yeah, the extra levels are a lot tougher than the first set and when we reach them, the big boss fights are a decent challenge, my favourite is the boss of Gourmand Land, however Legends has some amazing fights, the Giant Luchador from the 3rd world is the best one in the series.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The Big Bird's pretty cool but the next major boss is my favorite one in Origins, as I've said before, Legends has overall better bosses but these ones show up as well in the updated Origins stages.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

I dunno, the bosses in legends don't turn into adorable additions to the map :colbert:

But you don't fight a Giant Luchador called El Chilli in Origins, and he's the greatest boss. :colbert:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I can see why the final level was left out as it's EVIL but bits of it were used for the awesome music stages and online time trials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Oh the final stage is fun indeed, it's probably the hardest single level in both Origins and Legends, and it is awesome!

• Locked thread