Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
I know this game is great to play, but I've never been able to do more than a couple of levels at a friend's house because I absolutely hate the character design. I don't know what it is, but everything about the visual style of the characters is just awful to me. The levels are gorgeous but the weird hyper-cartoony thing is just super distracting.
Especially Globox for some reason. I love him in previous games but here he just looks terrible.

I am probably the only one who feels this way though. Great videos, I do really enjoy the sound and level design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Wugga posted:

Pretty sure s/he isn't. I'm getting most of my information from the Rayman Wiki, which in turn usually refers to hidden game files and interviews from devs. I sincerely doubt anyone ever pointed out Carnivora's gender and I don't actually care; I just dislike having inconsistencies like that in the video after going through it with a fine tooth comb. But yeah, I doubt many people would've even noticed if I hadn't pointed it out myself. :)

Well, according to that very wiki, Carnivora's female! :eng101: But since s/he's one of the four kings that would actually suggest male... but you're right, it doesn't really matter. I didn't notice you kept switching, I thought you were using 'she' throughout, so I guess that's confirmation bias at work.

Since I'm posting anyway, I may as well finally come out and say that I love this LP a lot. I find it very soothing to watch for some reason, it's really nice to have on in the background while I'm doing something else, and I'm sure your laid back commentary is part of that, so kudos, dude. Keep up the good work.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Samovar posted:

Where does pig latin come from?

Pigs

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
Well, colour me impressed. I have neither the persistence nor the reflexes for speed running, so it's always cool to see someone put in the effort for clearing levels so fast and making it look so easy.

That enough words of praise for you?

• Locked thread