Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
The Bubble Dreamer does something different though. It's called "ubbi dubbi" or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
You know, I actually didn't much like the size change thing. Maybe it's just me but it didn't really add much to the platforming, in my opinion.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
It's okay. They are Very Serious Guys and therefore their role in a narrative as silly as this is to be poked, prodded, and smacked around by the heroes in a vain effort to get them to Lighten Up.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Man, a lotta thought put into speedruns. I thought it was just like Sonic says, ya gotta go fast.

There's this old-ish indie game I've got kicking around on my Steam account that I really like called Dustforce, and basically what it IS is speedruns, in order to unlock later levels you have to learn to play the current levels really well. One thing they do that I really like is that they record your best run on each level and attach it to the leaderboards; so, if you're having trouble with a level, you can go on the leaderboards and see how the people higher on the charts did it, to see what you can do to improve your own time, and then just jump right back in while it's still fresh in your mind. I don't really see that a whole lot and I wish more speedrun games did it.

• Locked thread