Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Geno needs weapons, and now has a new one.

Seattle eats $7.5m in dead money while getting a 4th, possibly 2nd depending on milestones (haha, Seahawks fans are rooting for Geno Smith to throw well).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Darrell Bevell is a dicknose.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

The Seahawks fall in love with players they don't have and then hate them as soon as they are there. Scarlett CarrO'hara.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Maybe Percy Harvin is a dick.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Darrell Bevell is a bad coach and misused Harvin. I don't like the trade at all unless there is something going on I don't know about. I wish Percy the best in New York.

Go Hawks.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The anonymous executives slandering a guy on his way out of town is reaching Red Sox/Boston Globe levels of transparency.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

commy gun posted:

Maybe Percy Harvin is a dick.

Then Bevell should have looked for pussy instead of trying to gently caress sandpaper with him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ozu posted:

The anonymous executives slandering a guy on his way out of town is reaching Red Sox/Boston Globe levels of transparency.

I'll give them this, at least they waited until he was gone. Not that I've seen this go the other way kind of recently.

Well mostly gone, I like the idea someone had where he might fail his physical and have to go back.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Prozach posted:

Prozach posted:

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 18, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ironically, he was asking too many questions

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I go to take a nap and Harvin gets traded. I guess it's my fault guys.

No really what the gently caress?

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Are there any good faith clauses in trades? Like unknown injuries, is there something similar for non-injuries? For instance if a leak came back to an executive about misconduct or other bill of goods, could that nullify a trade?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Just needs weapons is my favorite desperation move ever. Geno Smith is a garbage QB regardless of that game last night.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Carroll is sending Harvin to New York as an undercover agent to find out the truth about 9/11

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Carroll is sending Harvin to New York as an undercover agent to find out the truth about 9/11

wheez the roux posted:

harvin trade was an inside job. teams don't just collapse like that. bevell did 10/12

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Eh, we'll be fine. Granted, Bevell wasn't really using him well, but if this is what it takes to get back to the football we used to play without trying to incorporate him then I'm all for it.

I assume it's for cap space with production considerations. There any locker room drama going on?

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

Insert obligatory seahawks troll here.

Seriously though what the gently caress?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The problem with "just go back to last year's offense!" is that we don't have Golden Tate this time

Fire Bevell

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I feel like Percy Harvin did something really dumb in the last year people were making fun of because my immediate response to that name was "oh lol" and I don't even remember why

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Chichevache posted:

Darrell Bevell is a bad coach and misused Harvin. I don't like the trade at all unless there is something going on I don't know about. I wish Percy the best in New York.

Go Hawks.
I share this opinion.

Go Seahawks.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'm unhappy about how poorly the Seahawks utilized Harvin and the wasted cap space but this might be the best solution - admit that it wasn't working and move on. The Seahawks haven't made many poor personnel decisions of late. It just seems like such a wasted opportunity.

Bevell's play calling and our dogshit o-line are still there so I don't expect things to improve.

Edit:

The Seattle Times had a article on the front page of the sports section today about how the Seahawks haven't been using Harvin properly.

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 18, 2014

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

everything about this trade is dumb as gently caress and any of harvin's shortcomings int he offense are entirely the fault of bevell. harvin might not be as good as people think but it is impossible to make an informed judgement when his time has been spent with a garbage 0-line ans darrell fuckshit turdman bevell as confounding factors

i am loving flabbergasted

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Reminder: the last time TFF unanimously agreed a trade was dumb was when the Browns traded Trent Richardson

Just sayin

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

I would love nothing more than for this trade turning out to be a positive, prescient move but given current evidence I can't call it anything other than loving stupid and infuriating

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Reminder: the last time TFF unanimously agreed a trade was dumb was when the Browns traded Trent Richardson

Just sayin

I mean it was dumb. Only an idiot would give up a 1st round pick for Trent Richardson.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Noah posted:

Are there any good faith clauses in trades? Like unknown injuries, is there something similar for non-injuries? For instance if a leak came back to an executive about misconduct or other bill of goods, could that nullify a trade?

This seems like the type of thing that kind of polices itself even if there aren't any specific rules. Like, if...I don't know, the Pats knew Hernandez was a murderer before it became common knowledge and traded him to whoever no one in the world ever trades with that front office again. Five aces bullshit or not.

In this case the "Harvin is a hothead who gets angry a lot" thing Seattle is pushing has been known for a while I think.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
Just found out about this. Seriously, what the hell? I don't understand this trade at all. If they were planning to trade him why not do it earlier in the season? Why wait until now to deal him? I hope this doesn't bite Seattle in the rear end.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
lol where's Seahawk Dynasty Guy at

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Homestar Runner posted:

lol where's Seahawk Dynasty Guy at

Finally, Bryan Walters can unleash his true potential

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

CHARLIE WHITEHURST WILL LEAD THIS TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS

*trades 3rd rounder*

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

Finally, Bryan Walters can unleash his true potential

In all seriousness, I guess this means they think Ricardo Lockette is ready to make the step up to a more full time role. Can't say I agree, but apparently that's where things are going?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

wheez the roux posted:

everything about this trade is dumb as gently caress and any of harvin's shortcomings int he offense are entirely the fault of bevell. harvin might not be as good as people think but it is impossible to make an informed judgement when his time has been spent with a garbage 0-line ans darrell fuckshit turdman bevell as confounding factors

i am loving flabbergasted

If nothing else this is going to put a ton of attention on Bevell. I mean people have been grumbling about him for so long already so maybe this will force some changes. I doubt it, but maybe.

Pete's explanations about the play calling and failure to use Lynch and Harvin in critical situations haven't made any sense to me. But I'm just a random dude so what do I know.

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 18, 2014

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Paul Richardson is rarely on plays, so I imagine they're going to start using him more. He was picked for his speed to create separation (you know, the whole reason we wanted Percy to begin with) and hey - Golden Tate was drafted in the 2nd as well. It'll work, right? Right? :smith:

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

LMAO

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Paul Richardson is rarely on plays, so I imagine they're going to start using him more. He was picked for his speed to create separation (you know, the whole reason we wanted Percy to begin with) and hey - Golden Tate was drafted in the 2nd as well. It'll work, right? Right? :smith:

I honestly forgot about Paul Richardson. That about sums up how much he has contributed to the team since he was drafted.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

HappyHelmet posted:

I honestly forgot about Paul Richardson. That about sums up how much he has contributed to the team since he was drafted.

It's pretty much seattletopdraftpicks.txt since the beginning of the PC/JS era.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lets look at this trade from a different angle shall we. Geno Smith gets a fair chance to succeed now by having a receiving core to throw to.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
hearing some chatter that Harvin was traded due to his support of the so-called "Gamergate" movement...huge, if true...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Parmesan Basil posted:

hearing some chatter that Harvin was traded due to his support of the so-called "Gamergate" movement...huge, if true...

Give me a break. That is not why.

• Locked thread