Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

Apparently a lot of Harvin's angst was that he wasn't being used in downfield plays. Instead he kept getting the sweep / bubble screen treatment to the point where he said "screw it I'm out" and pulled himself out of plays.

So there was a distrust created between Harvin and Wilson that came about because Bevell couldn't use Harvin correctly. For one, I can understand Harvin's frustration, but being an rear end and pulling yourself out of plays (especially when plays are designed with your
presence in mind) is a pretty terrible thing to do. It's for the best that he's gone, but if we had utilized him properly to begin, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Bevell ruined a first round pick and millions of dollars. That should easily be justification for firing him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Odds are that Harvin is a huge piece of poo poo as a human being, but he's still not the worst on the Jets roster thanks to Michael Vick, so there's that.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Declan MacManus posted:

I think it's kind of dubious that Percy Harvin was as much of a cancer as Seattle's FO is leading people to believe

You could also attribute a lot of that friction to Harvin's role on the team but idk

If the guy is pulling himself out of the game and refusing to go back in because hes mad at the play calls that's pretty bad. If its true, that is.

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 20, 2014

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm surprised Bevell is getting the blame here for Harvin being a prima donna. Sure, he's a bad play caller, but that has nothing to do with Harvin actively refusing to do his job according to those leaks. They're two separate things. Or were the Seahawks supposed to warp the offense even more onto Harvin than they already did, just to make Harvin slightly happier?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

At his NY press availability today, Harvin copped to both Tate and Baldwin fights but flat out denied refusing to go back into the Cowboys game. Who knows.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Ozu posted:

At his NY press availability today, Harvin copped to both Tate and Baldwin fights but flat out denied refusing to go back into the Cowboys game. Who knows.

Did he mention anything else?

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
he also confirmed that Darrell Bevell is, in fact, a dick nose

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Brannock posted:

Did he mention anything else?

Standard stuff. Nothing but respect for Russell Wilson, not being used downfield caused a lot of frustration with him and the coaching staff. Also admitted to the fights but downplayed them as no big deal and were squashed almost immediately. Said locker room fights happen.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

commy gun posted:

If the guy is pulling himself out of the game and refusing to go back in because hes mad at the play calls that's pretty bad. If its true, that is.

I'd argue that trying to enact change with a retard coach is a good thing and that Harvin's insubordination was coming from a good place. Bevell's play calling is unacceptable and someone needs to change that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Chichevache posted:

I'd argue that trying to enact change with a retard coach is a good thing and that Harvin's insubordination was coming from a good place. Bevell's play calling is unacceptable and someone needs to change that.

Plus you all would look a little hypocritical considering how much you post that Marshawn lynch double flips OC gif.

So at least you are consistent.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Chichevache posted:

It isn't going to change mid-season, so there is no reason to plant a story in the Times to campaign for your downfield touches. The timeline is pretty much Thursday morning pro-Harvin hit piece -> Friday afternoon trade.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Magicpants posted:

he also confirmed that Darrell Bevell is, in fact, a dick nose

This guy.

This guy gets it.

It's almost like having Percy Harvin was too much for him. Like a novice motorcyclist hopping on a really powerful racing bike or something. It's got all this potential but its so far beyond your abilities to reach that you just end up crashing and killing everyone around you.

In this metaphor Darrel Bevell is the motorcyclist and Percy Harvin the motorcycle he crashes. He ends up killing a bunch of people in the stands. Oddly enough, no Jewish people showed up to watch that day's motorcycle race. I'm just asking questions here.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

CharlestheHammer posted:

Plus you all would look a little hypocritical considering how much you post that Marshawn lynch double flips OC gif.

So at least you are consistent.

This is the same TFF that got mad at me when I said Mike Evans was a pussy and cost us the game by getting the wind knocked out of him.

The same TFF that regularly says they hope everyone on both teams dies in a stadium implosion or a plane crash.

Some jokes aren't ok (knee jerk calling one guy a pussy when you just lost a game because of him) and some are ok (hoping 106+ people die).

What I'm saying is TFF isn't consistent at all.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Cole posted:

This is the same TFF that got mad at me when I said Mike Evans was a pussy and cost us the game by getting the wind knocked out of him.

The same TFF that regularly says they hope everyone on both teams dies in a stadium implosion or a plane crash.

Some jokes aren't ok (knee jerk calling one guy a pussy when you just lost a game because of him) and some are ok (hoping 106+ people die).

you're consistently a poo poo poster and it would be great if you never posted in tff again

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Cole posted:

yeah man absolutely

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

wheez the roux posted:

you're consistently a poo poo poster and it would be great if you never posted in tff again

No you just don't usually agree with my opinions on things and it makes you mad at the Internet or something.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Cole posted:

What did this have to do with my post.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Cole posted:

No you just don't usually agree with my opinions on things and it makes you mad at the Internet or something.

Intruder should just give you 6 hour probies every time you post like the GIP mods did. Your rap sheet is hilarious btw.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

good lord i thought i had a good rap sheet.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Flikken posted:

Intruder should just give you 6 hour probies every time you post like the GIP mods did. Your rap sheet is hilarious btw.

Respect.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
105 people, i could see, sure. 106, even, yeah. but not any more than that, you fucker

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Flikken posted:

I'm really looking forward to when I've been a mod long enough that people don't keep telling me about all the joke probations I should be doing

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Apparently a lot of Harvin's angst was that he wasn't being used in downfield plays. Instead he kept getting the sweep / bubble screen treatment to the point where he said "screw it I'm out" and pulled himself out of plays.
I'd be pissed off too if I was a wide receiver and the average pass thrown to me was two yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

I'm really looking forward to when I've been a mod long enough that people don't keep telling me about all the joke probations I should be doing

I'm pretty much just happy I haven't been probated for being a Cowboys fan

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Intruder posted:

I hate to break this to you but that will never happen.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Crazy Ted posted:

I'd be pissed off too if I was a wide receiver and the average pass thrown to me was two yards behind the line of scrimmage.

He got lit up a lot because of that too.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Arctic Baldwin posted:

He got lit up a lot because of that too.
If you want to throw him shitloads of short passes, make him your Third Down running back. He frequently lined up in the backfield for the Vikings.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Crazy Ted posted:

You gotta hit em with the ~*~RAZZLE DAZZLE~*~ every down.
-Darrell Bevell, 2011-2014

But yeah, he was not used well by this offense. His fit in the offense should've been worked out before they traded for him. Acquiring Harvin, and subsequently dumping him, is far and away the biggest mistake this FO has made.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And frankly not really a massive mistake because overall they're very good.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I have to say, out of Bevell and Harvin if you were you ask me who was more likely to be a Jet in 2014 going forward I would've never said Harvin, the Jets got the MUCH better end of that deal.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 21, 2014

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol. Seriously, this is the kind of beat writing NY fans have to deal with.

Manish Mehta posted:

The winding, treacherous path inside Percy Harvin’s head is filled with anger.

Say the wrong thing and you might get body slammed into a locker room hamper. Act the wrong way and you might get a shiner. Don’t give him the ball enough and you might pay the price.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Lol. Manish should stick to making GBS threads on Idzik's drafts. Now that, I can get behind. (To be fair he isn't the jets beat writer anymore)

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Ozu posted:

It's like a perfect marriage of a player with baggage and writers willing to milking any narrative possible.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ozu posted:

Journalism is one of those jobs where it would sting the most to be an educated, talented person who can't find steady work

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Ozu posted:

Seems to be based on facts though

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

African AIDS cum posted:

Seems to be based on facts though

Hahahahaha yeah man exactly

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ozu posted:

He must be teaching creative writing at the local community college and he accidentally turned in a freshman's paper.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Hahahahaha yeah man exactly

Well considering he bodyslammed Doug Baldwin, gave Golden Tate a black eye, and took himself out of games, what part is inaccurate?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

Well considering he bodyslammed Doug Baldwin, gave Golden Tate a black eye, and took himself out of games, what part is inaccurate?
According to Tate, the black eye, and according to Harvin, the taking himself out of games. Just those two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

sweet thursday posted:

Journalism is one of those jobs where it would sting the most to be an educated, talented person who can't find steady work

don't rub it in sweet thursday

• Locked thread