Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape
Have you ever wanted to enjoy a cocktail without being called a lush? Do you drink for taste rather than effect? Or do you just love mixing random fluids together like a Nobel Prize-winning chemist?

Yes? Oh. Well, then this is the thread for you. We'll post some great cocktails/mixed beverages that don't need alcohol to taste good.

That's fruit mixes, custom sodas, and even some smoothies, to be a bit more specific. Some people call them mocktails, but I call them drinks.

Just make sure what you post tastes like something you would want to drink for its taste. Healthy stuff is good, but sugar/sweetener is 1000x better.

Also, feel free to post drinks that are so complex that you'd have to pay a dude with a fancy moustache to make them correctly, as long as you provide proper instruction/pics of what it should look like.

So, the most common cocktail I've seen served without alcohol (usually to kids) is the Piņa Colada.

It tastes great because the tropical flavors of coconut and pineapple complement each other indescribably well. It's also a drink that people who hate the taste of alcohol will still suck down without question.

Instructions are simple: One part coconut cream, three parts pineapple juice. You put some ice in with it in a blender and then drink it I mean who doesn't know how to make this?

Here's something I found online after finding half a bottle of POM Wonderful that my roommate left in the fridge when she moved out

It's a Grapefruit Pomegranate Soda and it's pretty good. Check this link for instructions on how to make this simple thing.

What really sold me on trying it was the Star Annis ingredient, since I love it's licorice flavor. I had to go out and buy the pomegranate fruit to make the soda though, so to use what was left of the POM W, I started mixing the same ingredients in a blender, but instead of making it into syrup I just used their juice, blended it with ice, and drank it with a straw. It's lazier and you're gonna choke on spice clumps but my taste buds still like it.

This is a drink I thought of in a fit of poverty (pics came out like poo poo sorry):

I call it Stephen King's Jawbreaker and it's a candy flavored drink.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup of orange juice (the pulpier the better)
2 big spoonfuls of canned pinapple
ice cubes
cheap grape soda

Instructions

Pour the orange juice in a blender, then plop in the spoonfuls of pineapple and throw in a few ice cubes. Blend until the ice is chunky and then pour the mess into a 12 fl oz (or 33 cl) glass. Pour in grape soda until it almost fills the glass and looks like a horrid mess. Drink it.

Good sources for bevs and ideas (you're definitely welcome to suggest more)

http://www.thekitchn.com/drinks
http://allrecipes.com/recipes/drinks/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Great idea for a thread, I always like trying mocktails!

Lots of traditional cocktails have a non-alcoholic version, you often see them advertised as "virgin <cocktail name>". Like a Virgin Mary - basically the same ingredients as a Bloody Mary but with lemon juice instead of the vodka.

Non-alcoholic mojitos are nice too - same recipe as a normal mojito, muddled lime, mint and sugar, but you use more soda water to make up the volume and add brown sugar or apple juice to make up for the lack of rum in the recipe.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Get a soda stream and never look back as you rocket off into a fizzy fueled land of everything carbonated. My favorite flavors are mint and lingonberry (not at the same time)

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Cranberry juice and/or cranberry juice and tonic always works.

• Locked thread