Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbRJ733xiF4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko

Welcome to BYOB, the freedom forum. :freep:

Since things can get a little crazy around here, here's some ground rules!
  • This forum is NWS, so be prepared to be surprised.
  • You may not post threads with poster's names in the thread titles.
  • Please don't use the report button. Please contact an IK instead of using the report button here, unless it's an extreme emergency.
  • If it's 1%-49% of the other boob, you round down.

That's it I guess. Oh, and have fun.

Check out these threads to get started!

:xd: newbie adoption thread

:D the byob script, adds a bunch of cool stuff

:) The byob irc room

Matoi Ryuko

cuntman.net

maybe also add the avatar thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3636960 also this theme is better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpFXLxw2X60

Matoi Ryuko

That thread stays on the first page pretty constantly.

cuntman.net

its not on the first page right now

Matoi Ryuko

Sleepy Owl posted:

its not on the first page right now

:(

cuntman.net

:owned:

posting smiling
i can't believe you included jetts scripts but neither of my two better and cooler scripts

Matoi Ryuko

Classicist posted:

i can't believe you included jetts scripts but neither of my two better and cooler scripts

Oh I thought those were all part of Jett's script so I only linked to his.

Matoi Ryuko

I'd really like the post to be as condensed as possible, given the short attention span of most posters. Perhaps Jett could link to your scripts in his thread OP?

posting smiling
i don't think so

Slot

oh my god shut up already

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
IRL, forest mushrooms are a highly sought-after culinary delight. :colbert:

tao of lmao

Matoi we need to discuss the yadon thread tag. specifically, you helping make it reality.

Matoi Ryuko

I can't believe we have like 125 tags already. Anyway, here's the thread for tags discussion: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657680

bwatts

what was wrong with catbrush's thread

tao of lmao

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'd really like the post to be as condensed as possible, given the short attention span of most posters.

so is that why you titled the thread something other than "rules" and put a retarded video in your op?

tao of lmao

Sometimes I feel matoi is modding a different forum from the one we're all posting in.

Salmiakki

wth posted:

Sometimes I feel matoi is modding a different forum from the one we're all posting in.

dogcrash truther

friendly craig posted:

what was wrong with catbrush's thread

It was old -- imo those threads have a shelf life of about a month or two -- and also I think, criticisms of the title (I agree) and video (didnt watch) aside it's a good OP to provide basic info.

tao of lmao

make matoi mod of nite crew and appoint a byob poster to byob ik plz

WindmillSlayer

make me IK of E/N

FartGhost

im ok with my thread not being stickied anymore but please add these:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658652
https://gist.github.com/eclecto/10736793/raw/ac03b775ae182bdd4d95c76d3e15bf258e8089cf/sa-smilie-helper.user.js

apt gangbang posted:

if someone wants to try out irc, a much better way than pidgin would be to use a web-based client, like http://cgiirc.synirc.net/ or https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/. if you use the second one you have to pick synirc from the dropdown, and then for both put whatever as a nick (no spaces), and #byob8.2 as the channel
or something else about getting into the byob irc because the thread that got linked is locked and will be archived at some point

and the avatar thread, and i agree with everyone else that you should probably change the title

bwatts

i thought it was made by cat brush. my bad i guess

dogcrash truther

wth posted:

make matoi mod of nite crew and appoint a byob poster to byob ik plz

i think matoi has been a good ik and I think it must be some forums politics thing I don't understand that there's hostility towards him (which by the way he deals with really well) maybe i'm missing something major. anyway though a couple of people have suggested some sort of "term limit" for ik and that seems like a good idea to me and here's why, because if I were a moderator looking at some people bitching about having an ik who is level headed, has a positive attitude, and tries to make the forum a nice place to post I would think it would set a really bad precedent to demod them. that said its fun to get new blood in there. Iw ish i hadnt written this

WindmillSlayer

dogcrash truther posted:

i think matoi has been a good ik and I think it must be some forums politics thing I don't understand that there's hostility towards him (which by the way he deals with really well) maybe i'm missing something major. anyway though a couple of people have suggested some sort of "term limit" for ik and that seems like a good idea to me and here's why, because if I were a moderator looking at some people bitching about having an ik who is level headed, has a positive attitude, and tries to make the forum a nice place to post I would think it would set a really bad precedent to demod them. that said its fun to get new blood in there. Iw ish i hadnt written this

i wish you hadnt 2 ^_^

dogcrash truther

WindmillSlayer posted:

i wish you hadnt 2 ^_^

jokes on you, because i'm actually glad I wrote itand was using advanced irony

Bwee

wth posted:

so is that why you titled the thread something other than "rules" and put a retarded video in your op?

Bwee

dogcrash truther posted:

nope he's really really bad

Bwee
caseinpoint:
"The quality of the content here isn't up for review, by you, or anyone. It is what it is, and if you are unable to accept it, then you're just throwing an endless tantrum to draw attention to yourself."

Salmiakki

i think bo pepper does the things matoi does well and also a bit better, so another funny mod would be good

dogcrash truther

Bwee posted:

nope he's really really bad

fragmaster. arnold of sossions. chewbecca. do you see what i'm getting at here.

Bwee

dogcrash truther posted:

fragmaster. arnold of sossions. chewbecca. do you see what i'm getting at here.

sure none of them should be mods

Bwee

Salmiakki posted:

i think bo pepper does the things matoi does well and also a bit better, so another funny mod would be good

the gross old man bo pepper actually reads this forum and responds to byob posters' concerns and doesn't mindlessly sticky/gas threads and doesn't post anime owls

WindmillSlayer

dogcrash truther posted:

jokes on you, because i'm actually glad I wrote itand was using advanced irony

im fuxcking owned...

dogcrash truther

Bwee posted:

caseinpoint:
"The quality of the content here isn't up for review, by you, or anyone. It is what it is, and if you are unable to accept it, then you're just throwing an endless tantrum to draw attention to yourself."

contrary to popular opinion, I think its' cool that he wrote this.

Bwee

dogcrash truther posted:

contrary to popular opinion, I think its' cool that he wrote this.

you're my friend but no that's a terrible attitude to have towards a forum

tao of lmao

i've refrained from dogpiling matoi because i like him, but he's simply...not present most of the time. Then he comes by making a few drive-by decisions and goes away again. i'd like a mod who cares enough to listen to their subjects.

its pretty easy to handle negative criticism when you're not around to read it most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bwee
im going to stop arguing over forums with my friend dogcrash truther, well cya

• Locked thread