Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salmiakki

Bwee posted:

you're my friend but no that's a terrible attitude to have towards a forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

I can respect dct sticking up for his choice of ik, but it won't change my mind.

Highly Unnecessary

the new rules thread is off to a great start

dogcrash truther

Bwee posted:

you're my friend but no that's a terrible attitude to have towards a forum

I agree with you in principle but i think in context it was a good post, and also whether or not you agree with it it was respectfully expressed and clearly articulated, i also really dont want to write more words about this now but maybe some other time

dogcrash truther

Bwee posted:

im going to stop arguing over forums with my friend dogcrash truther, well cya

great minds think alike

Pedantra

by Lowtax
he's baka, jerry! he's a baka!!!!!!!

GEExCEE

hm. Yes. Well, I can see the points made by both DCT and his opposition in this thread. *strokes chin* and I guess I have to say that I think the truth is somewhere in the middle

GEExCEE

here's my opinion: matoi and bo might be inoffensive mods but they are not good together. both are frankly a little milquetoast, and need a spicy gadfly to keep these forums fresh, interesting, and funny, while one of them coddles the new blood, maybe 10% of whom will go on to become genuinely good posters

Peanut and the Gang

by exmarx
I want to be a badass mod. :hellyeah:

GEExCEE

haha wait did I say inoffensive? i meant: why is the dirty old man and the underage anime labia representing the yob

Peanut and the Gang

by exmarx
One of our mods pooped in a McDonald's booth, and I find that disgusting.

tao of lmao

GEExCEE posted:

here's my opinion: matoi and bo might be inoffensive mods but they are not good together. both are frankly a little milquetoast, and need a spicy gadfly to keep these forums fresh, interesting, and funny, while one of them coddles the new blood, maybe 10% of whom will go on to become genuinely good posters

given a choice between the two, I'll take the one that actually seems interested in engaging the community and making this place better over the anime-gif-gimmick-poster

Bwee

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
pew pew *laz0rz*

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
in light of mushroom awareness can my safety thread about mushrooms be stickied please.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I wanted to read this thread, but there was anime and my brain turned off, so here is a gif

LappyDore64

by XyloJW

pretty accurate summation of the last page or so

Koke

a message to all the newbies, words like "tane" and "palpe" are just as funny here as they are on our sister forum, FYAD! so use em!!! a lot!

K. Flaps

by Athanatos

Bwee posted:

im going to stop arguing over forums with my friend dogcrash truther, well cya

Stop posting in them, too.

Salmiakki

K. Flaps posted:

Stop posting in them, too.

bwee is actually really good

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Salmiakki posted:

K. Flaps

by Athanatos

Salmiakki posted:

Oh I thought I was quoting angry fish, sorry. Don't know who Bwee is.

LappyDore64

by XyloJW
i don't bweelieve you.

GEExCEE

ayy lmao

cruft

Are we doing another mod drama thread where we kick the poo poo out a current mod and then we get some new mod?

I think the current BYOB mod Hitomi Tanaka is doing a fine job for a forum with no few rules and I still have no idea why anybody would step up to do this.

Advance note to whomever takes over after the dramabomb explodes: you're supposed to post a 5-paragraph manifesto.

Matoi Ryuko

My manifesto: Dance parties every night.

cruft

dogcrash truther posted:

i think matoi has been a good ik and I think it must be some forums politics thing I don't understand that there's hostility towards him (which by the way he deals with really well) maybe i'm missing something major. anyway though a couple of people have suggested some sort of "term limit" for ik and that seems like a good idea to me and here's why, because if I were a moderator looking at some people bitching about having an ik who is level headed, has a positive attitude, and tries to make the forum a nice place to post I would think it would set a really bad precedent to demod them. that said its fun to get new blood in there. Iw ish i hadnt written this

Also :agreed: with this.

FluffieDuckie

matoi, could we please name the rules thread something that people will know to read if they're looking for the rules and actually put the rules in the op?

if you want to provide less useful information, then fine i guess, but making it so people can't find the rules is a Bad Idea

Salmiakki

FluffieDuckie posted:

matoi, could we please name the rules thread something that people will know to read if they're looking for the rules and actually put the rules in the op?

if you want to provide less useful information, then fine i guess, but making it so people can't find the rules is a Bad Idea

Bwee
Lol what a terrible mod

Lil Cunty

Matoi Ryuko posted:

this was all i needed to hear

you continue to have 100% of my support

cruft

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Haha I missed this.

tao of lmao

Bwee posted:

Lol what a terrible mod

he's honestly not terrible I just wish he was more visible.

ulvir

one thing I find admirable about Matoi: Even with dogpiling, the guy won't break his stride and positive 'tude. his owl-gassing and general posting anime gifs-gimmick is kinda dumb but I can accept it. I'll just quote wth because he said it best

wth posted:

i've refrained from dogpiling matoi because i like him, but he's simply...not present most of the time. Then he comes by making a few drive-by decisions and goes away again. i'd like a mod who cares enough to listen to their subjects.

its pretty easy to handle negative criticism when you're not around to read it most of the time.

wth posted:

he's honestly not terrible I just wish he was more visible.

verily carefree

:shroom:

AAB

M

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
M

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Matoi Ryuko is a satisfactory mod

WINNINGHARD

I think about Moderating Forums Online,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

i would pick a boring but not insane/irresponsible mod over a 'funny' but unpredictable/irresponsible mod any time

moderation isn't electing a head comedian, think of it as freeing up your time to make jokes

edit: not that matoi isn't funny, I think they are pretty funny, but I hear complaints that someone 'funnier' should be mod and I have no idea why that is part of the criteria, its basically like janitor duty

• Locked thread