Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Burgs

GEExCEE posted:

haha wait did I say inoffensive? i meant: why is the dirty old man and the underage anime labia representing the yob

What's uh... What's wrong with old dirty men???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

GEExCEE posted:

here's my opinion: matoi and bo might be inoffensive mods but they are not good together. both are frankly a little milquetoast, and need a spicy gadfly to keep these forums fresh, interesting, and funny, while one of them coddles the new blood, maybe 10% of whom will go on to become genuinely good posters

who cares about coddling? why does anyone gives a poo poo about turning 'bad posters into good posters'? BYOB isn't about that at all. It's just about posting whatever. Things that are good get enjoyed, things that aren't good just get quietly ignored.

Bwee posted:

you're my friend but no that's a terrible attitude to have towards a forum

its not really. you really do just seem to have a constant tantrum, I feel like 99% of everything I read by you in here is just complaining. I don't know what makes you want to get up in the morning and yell/be mean to people online. Why waste that energy stressing yourself out?

I remember a while back you had a post like 'Why do people in BYOB get upset just because someone is slightly mean to them'. To me I just don't understand why you would want to be mean. I don't think people flip out just as much as they're confused. I know I am.

I mean who gets up in the morning and is like 'HAHA! Gonna be great to be an rear end in a top hat today!'. Generally, people like polite interactions. Matoi and Bo-Pepper are both completely pleasant people who have barely said a harsh word to anybody. They'll always get my vote for that.

Anyway, I agree with Matoi, the quality of the content is entirely irrelevant. Just keep posting, and in the quantity we'll find the quality. Definitely don't waste time bitching about people not enforcing arbitrary quality restrictions on BYOB.

Captain No-mates

Security Drone posted:

who cares about coddling? why does anyone gives a poo poo about turning 'bad posters into good posters'? BYOB isn't about that at all. It's just about posting whatever. Things that are good get enjoyed, things that aren't good just get quietly ignored.

its not really. you really do just seem to have a constant tantrum, I feel like 99% of everything I read by you in here is just complaining. I don't know what makes you want to get up in the morning and yell/be mean to people online. Why waste that energy stressing yourself out?

I remember a while back you had a post like 'Why do people in BYOB get upset just because someone is slightly mean to them'. To me I just don't understand why you would want to be mean. I don't think people flip out just as much as they're confused. I know I am.

I mean who gets up in the morning and is like 'HAHA! Gonna be great to be an rear end in a top hat today!'. Generally, people like polite interactions. Matoi and Bo-Pepper are both completely pleasant people who have barely said a harsh word to anybody. They'll always get my vote for that.

Anyway, I agree with Matoi, the quality of the content is entirely irrelevant. Just keep posting, and in the quantity we'll find the quality. Definitely don't waste time bitching about people not enforcing arbitrary quality restrictions on BYOB.

mom's spaghetti

cruft

Security Drone posted:

I mean who gets up in the morning and is like 'HAHA! Gonna be great to be an rear end in a top hat today!'.

I do that!

Someday I'm going to be successful at my goal to be an rear end in a top hat!

SIDS Vicious

can someone point me to where i can install the sa emotes for pidgin for irc thank you and god bless

cruft

Security Drone posted:

Wait a second, that was 5 paragraphs.

Do I see our next IK? Only time will tell!

joke_explainer

Captain No-mates posted:

mom's spaghetti

thats just the kind of insight we need more of thanks nomates

beer pal

Security Drone posted:

peace

tao of lmao

what is troll?

Captain No-mates

Security Drone posted:

thats just the kind of insight we need more of thanks nomates

:tipshat:

tao of lmao

so you're telling me, people say mean things on the internet, and I'm supposed to just be ok with that?

dogcrash truther

Security Drone posted:

why does anyone gives a poo poo about turning 'bad posters into good posters'?

I love turning bad posters into good posters

cruft

dogcrash truther posted:

It's kind of his thing.

joke_explainer

wth posted:

what is troll?

well I've never really understood that either. I mean I could see the fun in rabble-rousing like once or twice, just to feel like you're having some kind of social effect on a situation, but how many times can you do that in a row and still get enjoyment out of it? if you're spending hours each day just trying to incite people to be upset, isn't that the sign of some kind of weird brain problem?

wth posted:

so you're telling me, people say mean things on the internet, and I'm supposed to just be ok with that?

i don't think they do any harm really, i just wonder what motivates them. but a person that is just pointlessly mean for no discernible reason doesn't really sound like a good person to wield power over people, right?

tao of lmao

dogcrash truther posted:

and was also once considered a mean poster

i am he

dogcrash truther posted:

i appreciate this, and think that byob should do it more often..

cruft

:cripes:

This thread is now about cute bunnies.

tao of lmao

Security Drone posted:

well I've never really understood that either. I mean I could see the fun in rabble-rousing like once or twice, just to feel like you're having some kind of social effect on a situation, but how many times can you do that in a row and still get enjoyment out of it? if you're spending hours each day just trying to incite people to be upset, isn't that the sign of some kind of weird brain problem?

I used to spend hours in starcraft setting up comp-stomps online and keeping Allied Victory off, then forcing the pubbies to turn on each other in accusatory fits. It's funny.

cruft

Kayle7

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
when thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.
ur bad if you think matoi is good.

Kayle7

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
when thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.
except for dct, he is the exception to the rule, hes really good.

cruft

SIDS Vicious

please help me there is no longer a sticky thread for asking for assistance i just want to be able to use :goku: in irc

tao of lmao

but why are people mean on the internet? the world may never know.

cruft

joke_explainer

wth posted:

I used to spend hours in starcraft setting up comp-stomps online and keeping Allied Victory off, then forcing the pubbies to turn on each other in accusatory fits. It's funny.

was that fun just because you got to see them lose, or more fun just because you set yourself up to win? or did enjoyment come from exerting power in a limited way over someone or just the chaos of the situation? where would you say you got your enjoyment out of that scheme?

cruft

SIDS Vicious

i will not stop asking until i get my assistance

tao of lmao

Security Drone posted:

was that fun just because you got to see them lose, or more fun just because you set yourself up to win? or did enjoyment come from exerting power in a limited way over someone or just the chaos of the situation? where would you say you got your enjoyment out of that scheme?

it was fun watching people who were completely innocent turn on each other like wild dogs fighting over some meat because their precious record was so important, they resort to only joining comp-stomps (which would be like 4 humans vs 1 easy ai).

tao of lmao

Iggy Koopa posted:

i will not stop asking until i get my assistance

have you tried...asking people in irc for help with irc?

SIDS Vicious

yes that was the first thing i did

joke_explainer

wth posted:

it was fun watching people who were completely innocent turn on each other like wild dogs fighting over some meat because their precious record was so important, they resort to only joining comp-stomps (which would be like 4 humans vs 1 easy ai).

ahh I get that I think. well I feel like that's a decent kind of 'trolling', I mean, you're essentially giving those players that were in a rut a challenge they might not otherwise get. some might be pretty upset about losing score and that's unfortunate or whatever though. plus it seems like trying to raise your score with only guaranteed victories is pretty lame / exploitative to begin with, so in a way you were kind of anti-trolling the leader boards.

Salmiakki

dogcrash truther posted:

Bwee

Security Drone posted:

peace

bwatts

Security Drone posted:

*family guy cleaner voice* ooh no, no. :D

Bwee
also i am a better poster and person than you and will always be. well, anime.

GEExCEE

why would anyone want the forum to be funny and good? doesn';t make sense

i am he

GEExCEE posted:

tao of lmao

GEExCEE posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bwee

GEExCEE posted: