Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salmiakki

GEExCEE posted:

why would anyone want the forum to be funny and good? doesn';t make sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer pal

GEExCEE posted:

FluffieDuckie

GEExCEE posted:

bwatts

GEExCEE posted:

Ace of Baes

GEExCEE posted:

Lil Cunty

GEExCEE posted:

Ace of Baes
I dont think materia ryeku is a bad ik as much as hes a mediocre, inactive mod. He basically got ik'd for posting a lot and being inoffensive/level headed, then like a couple weeks later stopped posting in byob for the most part. I dont think we should run him out or hate him or anything but I think theres a lot better choices and we wouldnt really lose anything by letting him go. Bo-pepper is a decent ik but what really puts him ahead of matty ringo is that he actively posts and engages the community without being actively harassed to.

Anyway thats my 2c, peace.

Kayle7

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
when thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.
seriously why the gently caress do we need mods anyway, in the forum that is supposed to have no rules. if you have to have a name next to the forum I guess make it so byob mods can't gas threads or probate, at all. that would be good

GEExCEE

if we can't all be mod and see the funny mod forum and probate each other, can we at least ask about removing the 10 second limit between posts in BYOB?

Kayle7

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
when thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.

Kayle7 posted:

seriously why the gently caress do we need mods anyway, in the forum that is supposed to have no rules. if you have to have a name next to the forum I guess make it so byob mods can't gas threads or probate, at all. that would be good

and once that's done the only things left really are stickying threads and moving threads? ok well you want that to be in the hands of someone that has a decent sense of humor and isn't an anime weirdo, so basically matoi ryoko is seen as a really lovely mod no matter what way you look at it

tao of lmao

GEExCEE posted:

if we can't all be mod and see the funny mod forum and probate each other, can we at least ask about removing the 10 second limit between posts in BYOB?

it's a real pain in the rear end

Salmiakki

can we make a new rules thread with a good title that could also be vclosed as soon as its made so it wont be cluttered. ty

Bwee
it's impossible. time to gas a good thread and post an anime owl. well, peace.

FluffieDuckie

Kayle7 posted:

and once that's done the only things left really are stickying threads and moving threads? ok well you want that to be in the hands of someone that has a decent sense of humor and isn't an anime weirdo, so basically matoi ryoko is seen as a really lovely mod no matter what way you look at it

kayle honey we got it ok?

tao of lmao

Salmiakki posted:

can we make a new rules thread with a good title that could also be vclosed as soon as its made so it wont be cluttered. ty

but then people might accidentally eat the forest mushrooms, or worse, BE eaten by the forest mushrooms

Salmiakki

FluffieDuckie posted:

kayle honey we got it ok?

the kayle mothergoons image.png

i am he

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Bwee

i am he posted:

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

BYOB annual bongtest: win a $10 steam game of your choice + Skullgirls

WINNINGHARD

Security Drone posted:

who cares about coddling? why does anyone gives a poo poo about turning 'bad posters into good posters'? BYOB isn't about that at all. It's just about posting whatever. Things that are good get enjoyed, things that aren't good just get quietly ignored.

its not really. you really do just seem to have a constant tantrum, I feel like 99% of everything I read by you in here is just complaining. I don't know what makes you want to get up in the morning and yell/be mean to people online. Why waste that energy stressing yourself out?

I remember a while back you had a post like 'Why do people in BYOB get upset just because someone is slightly mean to them'. To me I just don't understand why you would want to be mean. I don't think people flip out just as much as they're confused. I know I am.

I mean who gets up in the morning and is like 'HAHA! Gonna be great to be an rear end in a top hat today!'. Generally, people like polite interactions. Matoi and Bo-Pepper are both completely pleasant people who have barely said a harsh word to anybody. They'll always get my vote for that.

Anyway, I agree with Matoi, the quality of the content is entirely irrelevant. Just keep posting, and in the quantity we'll find the quality. Definitely don't waste time bitching about people not enforcing arbitrary quality restrictions on BYOB.

uh

Harime Nui

The New Insincerity
Matoi owns, I too wish he posted more but it is up to him when and where he directs his efforts

I.N.R.I
you all have brain AIDS and need to turn the compouter off for 2-3 days IMO.

Bwee

I.N.R.I posted:

you all have brain AIDS and need to turn the compouter off for 2-3 days IMO.

who cares about coddling? why does anyone gives a poo poo about turning 'bad posters into good posters'? BYOB isn't about that at all. It's just about posting whatever. Things that are good get enjoyed, things that aren't good just get quietly ignored.

its not really. you really do just seem to have a constant tantrum, I feel like 99% of everything I read by you in here is just complaining. I don't know what makes you want to get up in the morning and yell/be mean to people online. Why waste that energy stressing yourself out?

I remember a while back you had a post like 'Why do people in BYOB get upset just because someone is slightly mean to them'. To me I just don't understand why you would want to be mean. I don't think people flip out just as much as they're confused. I know I am.

I mean who gets up in the morning and is like 'HAHA! Gonna be great to be an rear end in a top hat today!'. Generally, people like polite interactions. Matoi and Bo-Pepper are both completely pleasant people who have barely said a harsh word to anybody. They'll always get my vote for that.

Anyway, I agree with Matoi, the quality of the content is entirely irrelevant. Just keep posting, and in the quantity we'll find the quality. Definitely don't waste time bitching about people not enforcing arbitrary quality restrictions on BYOB.

tao of lmao

well, peace

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
peace

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
lol

tao of lmao

Why address anything directly when you can be a smug passive aggressive shithead instead?

LappyDore64

by XyloJW
BYOB 8.2: an ouroborous of smug passive aggressive shitheads, sucking their own dicks, forever

Pedantra

by Lowtax

LappyDore64 posted:

BYOB 8.2: an ouroborous of smug passive aggressive shitheads, sucking their own dicks, forever

weird

by zen death robot
haha this is the new rules thread i've been ignoring it because i thought it was just another dumb thread that got stickied for no reason

Salmiakki

what the... posted:

haha this is the new rules thread i've been ignoring it because i thought it was just another dumb thread that got stickied for no reason

That's our Matoi!

I.N.R.I

what the... posted:

erm, so loving what.

SIDS Vicious

well, peace

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
  -_-'
   <|>
   /\

Abysswalker

I.N.R.I posted:

erm, so loving what.

without a clearly defined rules thread byob will fall apart, absolute chaos, rioting in the streets!

i am he

my new dog posted:

-_-'
   <|>
   /\

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

i am he

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms in Bongtober

Salmiakki

i am he posted:

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms in Bongtober

tao of lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP9NZPAX_dA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Sito posted:

without a clearly defined rules thread byob will fall apart, absolute chaos, rioting in the streets!

this

• Locked thread