Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi

Given the increasing number of goons coming to this server over Basilisk I thought a separate thread to be in order. So here we have it, Star Wars Galaxies. The decade old game that a bunch of hardliners simply can't seem to get over. Why play a dead game? Well for one there are over 30 professions to choose from, and no game has ever captured the sandbox feel that SWG did. You might be saying, well I've played on SWGEmu's Basilisk Server, how is this any different? I am glad you asked that hypothetical question that I told you that you were asking. Allow me to show you some of the things that await you.

Working Jedi and FRS System

This is fairly self explanatory. We have a unique unlocking system in place and you can go all the way up into the Force Ranking System. A guide on how unlocking is achieved will be provided below in the thread.

Enhanced Player Bounty System

Bounties, they aren't just for Jedi anymore. Any player deathblown by another in PvP is given the ability to be a sniveling little toad and place a bounty on the head of the person who killed him. Fun for all involved.

NGE Era Housing

Available new structures include:
  • Mustafarian Bunker
  • Sith Meditation Room
  • Jedi Meditation Room
  • Yoda's House
  • AT-AT House
  • Hangar
  • Garage
  • Bespin Cloud House
  • Windowed Houses
  • Bath House
  • & More

As if there weren't enough ways to live in SWG as it was in Pre-CU, now you have more.

NGE Era Speeders / Pod Racers

Available new vehicles include:
  • Barc Speeder
  • Imperial Command BARC
  • Rebel Command BARC
  • Desert Skiff
  • Lava Skiff
  • v35 Landspeeder
  • xp38 Landspeeder
  • ab1 Landspeeder
  • Several Pod Racer Models

Several of these vehicles, namely the Pod Racers travel much faster than swoops.

New Loot

- A very wide variety of new loot items are available in both new content dungeons, and in the new Planets.

New Planets

A first for any SWG Emulator, two new custom planets built from the ground up. Well, one of them anyway. Hoth is based on taanab which was in the client files since beta. Dromund Kaas however is completely built from the ground up through the painstaking efforts of myself and a few small contributions from within the SWG modding community.

Both planets are packed to the brim with new content, loot, things to kill, stuff to do.

Spaceships that fly in Space
Jump to Lightspeed is currently in development with an ETA before the end of this year, give or take a month or two.

Developers not afraid to shake up the Status Quo

We look at Pre-CU SWG as an extremely imperfect system, and yet at the same time a good one. We aren't afraid to change certain small little things that really need changed such as adding an Appearance Tab so people don't all look like composite armor drones, or placing a more convenient cantina right in front of the Coronet Starport.

:siren:Goon Town lives again!:siren:

Waypoint Corellia, 1350 -3800

We have setup on Bloodfin with the guildname Goon Squad <GOON> and the city is called Goon Town.
I know its an old and unfunny name, but within the first hour of setting up the guild and only having 8 people in it, a pubbie spotted our tag in Cnet and got pissed off, and we all know that each & every tear makes it worth it.

Every single guild member will have invite and militia powers so that we can expand as quickly as possible. Some rules apply here:

DONT PLACE YOUR HOUSE ON THE MAIN STRIP OR YOU'LL GIVE ME AN ANEURYSM
Build BEHIND the city hall, or BEHIND the guild hall. Don't build on its side. Don't build on its side 50 metres down. Don't build infront of it. We need this space so we can fit all the good buildings like the cloner, bank, Mantina, Med centre, extra malls, etc all in here. We don't want us/pubbies getting lost while searching the sprawling slums for the doc buffs they swore were right there last week.
No pub invites, no granting zoning rights to pubs. You can bring in friends but its on your head if they gently caress up and delete the city or something.

You can join us on Mumble using the CTS mumble: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3521554&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

You know of the rebellion against the empire???

Yes, that is a ham sandwich in the collage. It looked tasty and worth adding to it. Goon Squad is affiliating itself with the Rebel Alliance on Bloodfin due to the high Imperial Presence on this server. Kill Stormtroopers and angry crying pubbies with a dark side complex.

If you want an invite, here are some people you can /tell to get in:
Ahdinko
Senile
Linaridea
Krumps
Punch
Smack
Carnal
Grandma

The militia can give you zoning rights to place a house in the glorious city. Everyone can be militia, but you need to get a house placed to be in. So far the militia consists of:

Ahdinko
Senile
Linaridea
Carnal
Grandma

We will be setting up a mall in the guild hall to try and attract pubbies as quickly as possible. Anyone in the guild is welcome to set up vendors in the hall. I will put a limit of 3 vendors per person for now so everyone can get a spot. If after a few weeks we have a lot of room, I'll raise the limit.

Any architects/spacerich people, we need our glorious city buildings decorated! Drop me a line and I'll give you admin on some city structures so you can beautify them

Okay, You sold me, How do I play?
  • First, have a "legally" obtained copy of Star Wars Galaxies.
  • Second, download the latest Bloodfin Installer.
  • Auto registration is on the game server itself and completely separate from the bloodfin.net pubbie forums. Just download the installers then launch your client. The server will auto create whatever username and password you enter.
  • Donate to the server if you like it

Required Install Files

Main Install Package
http://www.bloodfin.net/BloodfinEMU_Setup.exe

Patch 3 - Dromund Kaas & Hoth
http://www.bloodfin.net/Bloodfin_Hoth_Kaas_Patch.exe or http://www.mediafire.com/download/b47ykjb62wjkr78/Bloodfin_Hoth_Kaas_Patch.exe

Patch 3.1 - Galactic Moon Festival
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7qnn7nnp2vn2dg0/Bloodfin_Halloween_Patch.exe

Levarris fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Oct 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi
Jedi Unlocking Guide stolen borrowed from the Bloodfin.net forums

quote:

With all the new people discovering the best server for SWG and being asked "How do i unlock jedi?" i figured i would write this simple how to for becoming a jedi. You may not like my thoughts but trust me there is method to this madness. (smile)

1.) Create you character, think ahead on this make sure your choosing the right species in PVP it can make a difference.

2.) You will want to take 1 of these 2 professions, "i recommend 1h melee" Or Pistoleer you could also do bounty hunter but its more work. You can grind FS experience with them later which is very important. At this point not so much. The weapon cost, if you choose pistols, can be substantial which is why i recommend 1h.

3.) Level up your profession. You will need to master your profession.

4.) Change to you FS xp Weapon "Stun Batton, Gaffi Stick" "Scatter Pistol, Geo Blaster" "berserker rifle" "bow caster" "black sun razor knuckler"

5.) Go exploring! You need all of them, don't just do the Force Sensitive once because later you'll be sent back out to get the rest. Do it right the first time a planet at a time. Keep your eye on the clock for server saves as well. Make sure you still have your last badge acquired when the server comes back up.

NABOO
BADGES - 4
Theed Waterfall
Dejja Peak Waterfall 5168 -1657
Amidala's Beach -5828, -93
Gungan Sacred Place -2000, -5429

TATOOINE
BADGES - 7
Lars Homestead -2579, -5500
Ben Kenobi's Hut -4512 -2270
Great Pit of Carkoon -6169 -3387
Escape Pod -3931 -4397
Ancient Krayt Skull -4632 -4346
Krayt Graveyard 7396 4478
Fort Tusken (Cave below the fort) (Run in the back door follow the path to the left) You can make it on one burst run, then just take a cloner ride back to town!

CORELLIA
BADGES - 5
Corsec Base 5291 1494
Grand Theater -5421 -6212
Crystal Fountain 6760 -5617
Agrilat Swamp 1387 3749
Rebel Hideout -6530 5967

TALUS
BADGES - 4
Lost Village of Durbin 4300 1020
Imperial Outpost -2193 2494
Imperial vs. Rebel Battle -2595 3724
Aqualish Cave

RORI
BADGES - 4
Imperial Hyperdrive Facility -1070 4542
Imperial Encampment -5651 -5660
Rebel Outpost 3669 -6586
Kobala Spice Mine 7304 63

LOK
BADGES - 3
Imperial Outpost -1785 -3087 xx
Mount Chaolt 3091 -4638 xx
Great Kimogila's Skeleton 4572 -1114 xx

ENDOR
BADGES - 4
Ewok Tree Village 4661 -2425 xx
Dulok Village 5921 -2514 xx
Ewok Lake Village 1578 -3271 x
Marauder's Stronghold -4838 -2339

DANTOOINE
BADGES - 4
Dantari Village -3929 -5632
Dantari Rock Village -7185 -893
Abandoned Rebel Base -6836 5520
Jedi Temple 4196 5204

DATHOMIR :
BADGES - 7
Imperial Prison
Tarpit
Sarlacc Pit
Escape Pod
'Lesser' Misty Falls
Downed Ship 5585 1903 - not listed in POI tab
Greater Misty Falls 3021 1289 - not listed in POI tab

YAVIN IV:
BADGES - 3
Exar Kun's Temple
Blueleaf Temple
Woolamander Temple

6.) Theme Parks!

Imperial / Rebel / Jaba's

Pick 2 of them and knock it out. Use your FS skill point weapon so your building points in the right direction as you work the theme park.

7.) FS Grind

You will need 4950000 Force sensitive combat points to train master of combat powers 4444 + Master. This is what i have found to be the best route to getting this done. Don't forget to get in a group first, the bonus experience makes it important. I head to Narmle. I simply buff up and run a circle around the city killing all NPC's red or yellow. I do this until i have my complete 4950000 points.

8.) Buy your self about 5 to 6 holocrons maybe more if your un lucky. Head to a force shrine, kneel and meditate by choosing it from the radial on the middle stone. It should say something like you feel a faint sense of the force ect. Now start trying to open the holocorns. When one opens it will say to to a force shrine, but lucky you, your already at one. It should at this point tell you that you need the 45 poi's that you wouldn't have had doing it the other way. It should also tell you you will need 4 boxes of force sensitive aka FS skill points.

9.) The village, it is located at /waypoint dathomir 5302, -4151. Once you arrive here just speak to the FS combat trainer or reflexes (depending on your weapon choice) and train all the way up to your master FS skill box.

10.) Return to a force shrine And meditate. You did it! now you need to meditate again to start your Padawan Trials!

11.) The trials! They are no joke.. write down the way points given before you close the shrine message. It help's to bring a friend with a light saber or a flame thrower.

Be careful it is possible to spawn more then one trial boss!

To clarify when going out to kill the Kiindry its located on Dath at /way -1202 6267 "trigger location". You must hit this location to trigger it. Do a /tar kiin to make sure its spawned before you enter the cave. You will find the spider at the bottom. "Hint You can loot the bone piles"

Grauler location Dant /way 1909 -4799 "trigger location" hes had a bad life so hes extra surely, always good to have back up on him.

Kilomonga located on Lok /way 4588 -1113 the trigger is close to this spot. May have to move a 5m grid around it. Hes another nasty mob so be ready.

Ancient Bull Rancore, Just walk in the hut at the point listed. He will spawn on the hill above.

Between every kill you will need to visit a Force Shrine. The one that is least complicated to get to i would say is located on Corellia, at 6092, -5581. Just jump a shuttle to Bela Vistal.

Hope this helps you all, and good luck out there!

Levarris fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Oct 21, 2014

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Everything I read about this makes me want to play it, but then I regret having pretty much no free time. I might try to find a bit to install it tonight, if for nothing else than to log in and gawp around a bit.

As boring as it is, I'd love to recreate my MDoc/MTailor from Basilisk. I'm one of the weird people who actually enjoyed sitting in Coronet Med and selling buffs.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Drone posted:

Everything I read about this makes me want to play it, but then I regret having pretty much no free time. I might try to find a bit to install it tonight, if for nothing else than to log in and gawp around a bit.

As boring as it is, I'd love to recreate my MDoc/MTailor from Basilisk. I'm one of the weird people who actually enjoyed sitting in Coronet Med and selling buffs.

If you do create a character. Hit me up on Levarris in game if you see me online.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Drone posted:

It's a really nice that the server is on increased xp. Spending weeks getting to a master class is authentic and all but for an 11 year old game the standard rates are just asking a bit too much of a commitment.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Iīm online right now, not quite sure what I am doing and my artisan missions donīt show up in my quest journal. I also "stored" my land speeder and its vanished. Do we have a guild or anything?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Jacada posted:

Iīm online right now, not quite sure what I am doing and my artisan missions donīt show up in my quest journal. I also "stored" my land speeder and its vanished. Do we have a guild or anything?

Check your datapad. The speeder will be summonable from there.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Just to add to the Jedi guide, you can use the Berserker rifle and the bowcaster to get your force XP too

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Jacada posted:

The quest journal as it stands in the publish 14.1 client is something that pertains only to the force sensitive village of Aurilia, that was on the live server run by SOE. Missions you take will appear under your data pad, Ctrl-D.

iamthehans
May 1, 2012
quick note on FS XP the FS XP weapons only give FS XP. i bought a gaffi stick and it does not give any 1 handed xp haha

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Do buffs continue to tick while offline on this EMU? This was such a dumb thing and no idea why it was allowed...

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Was the weapon vs combat xp conversion to fs xp tweaked? It used to be that combat xp was the best way to go - which is why everyone used grenades from commando. I believe it was 10:1 weapon:fs and 4:1 combat:fs.

But I might be way off.

I miss my commando. Seeing a dude about 3 or 4 months after launch blowing up GSPs at the ruins on Talus with a launcher pistol was the most amazing thing I had ever seen.

If I can get a pc to run it, I will definitely make tailor/BE and and pistoleer/commando. I want my Gunslinger title and I have an irrational desire to hear the 'click whooooooooooooooosh' of the flamethrower. I used to know that profession like the back of my head. That and tailor, of all things. I made mad bank selling 'custom' clothes to the manginas that populated Mos Eisley, Coronet, and Theed back in the day.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
In as Woad tooling around hitting things.

iamthehans
May 1, 2012
were all using CTS mumble for this right now. join up if you want to find more goons on bloodfin

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

iamthehans posted:

were all using CTS mumble for this right now. join up if you want to find more goons on bloodfin

What's CTS mumble...

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
The one you were on last night you lemon

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Hahah ok

gently caress me buy tapes. They are SO loving cheap. Got a 24 2h melee speed tape for 5k and a 25 2h accuracy tape for 10k. Makes life easier.

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe
Is Droid Engineer fully implemented?
I was MWS/MDE on Lowca and I've never found anything as fun as making Mickeybombs and exploding, screaming, officious protocol droids.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Republicanus posted:

Is Droid Engineer fully implemented?
I was MWS/MDE on Lowca and I've never found anything as fun as making Mickeybombs and exploding, screaming, officious protocol droids.

Nearly, storage modules for droids doesn't seem to work and I am getting to the bottom of that.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
What tapes work and which ones don't.

XXX melee damage
Heavy weapon speed
Nade assembly
Combat med/regular medicine use
etc

E - Holy poo poo, do doctors exist on here?

Tai fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 21, 2014

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.
Decided to register for this as Oneavi, how long does it usually take to get the registration email?

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Any idea where I can pickup a legit copy of the game?

I really want to try this out.

iamthehans
May 1, 2012

CappyBottoms posted:

Any idea where I can pickup a legit copy of the game?

I really want to try this out.

ebay or amazon are really the only places now

iamthehans
May 1, 2012

Oneavi posted:

Decided to register for this as Oneavi, how long does it usually take to get the registration email?

I believe auto reg for the server is still on. the forums are some weird cluster gently caress. just log right into the server to play

Moo Moo Canoe
Mar 11, 2007

Drunk postin' ftw
Decided to hop on here and gently caress around. Rates are nice but I've been disconnected and rolled back 3 times in the past hour. Anyone else having problems?

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
God damnit. I thought I was done with this game, but bloodfin looks like it fixes all the things that bothered me in SWGEmu. I might make a crafter/combat main and some sort of funsies alt to futz around on. I'll try it out this weekend, I suppose.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SoUncool posted:

God damnit. I thought I was done with this game, but bloodfin looks like it fixes all the things that bothered me in SWGEmu. I might make a crafter/combat main and some sort of funsies alt to futz around on. I'll try it out this weekend, I suppose.

This is me. With the XP rate increase, I feel like I can "get things done" without being married to it like I used to be (and felt like I had to be). I was one of precu's battered wives that could never let go of it.

I just want to light fools on fire with a flamethrower, blow stuff up with a launcher pistol and or rocket launcher, and sew some pretty clothes.

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

I guess I'm in on this poo poo again. I will be in mumble later I guess. I feel like a lovely heroin addict back on the junk.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Jiimy posted:

I guess I'm in on this poo poo again. I will be in mumble later I guess. I feel like a lovely heroin addict back on the junk.

I chose not to choose life. The reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you have a Lightsaber.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Part of me wants to go for and level up a Jedi first thing, but probably won't. Without the benefit of the overspawn locations, and even with XP boost, it's probably still a boring soul sucking grind.

How's the PvP?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
:siren:Goon Town lives again!:siren:

Waypoint Corellia, 1350 -3800

We have setup on Bloodfin with the guildname Goon Squad <GOON> and the city is called Goon Town.
I know its an old and unfunny name, but within the first hour of setting up the guild and only having 8 people in it, a pubbie spotted our tag in Cnet and got pissed off, and we all know that each & every tear makes it worth it.

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Oct 23, 2014

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

So be it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Tide posted:

Part of me wants to go for and level up a Jedi first thing, but probably won't. Without the benefit of the overspawn locations, and even with XP boost, it's probably still a boring soul sucking grind.

How's the PvP?

As someone who never got to a high level in any combat class I can't even begin to wrap my head around the whole jedi thing. I've seen a good bit of pvp while making clothes and shooting spacerats. Far more than I ever did on the normal emu servers.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Conveniently located near cnet.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Score! While putting a fresh install of W7 on my old laptop (Athlon dual core @ 2ghz, 2GB of RAM (bleh), and 8200M GPU), I found a few notebooks from PreCU days when I was a correspondent . Somewhere around here I have a HDD with tons of screenshots of swg, and even better, screenshots of convos with devs.

Hope the laptop runs it OK....

e: holy cow I was such a nerd....

Tide fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 22, 2014

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Tide posted:

Score! While putting a fresh install of W7 on my old laptop (Athlon dual core @ 2ghz, 2GB of RAM (bleh), and 8200M GPU), I found a few notebooks from PreCU days when I was a correspondent . Somewhere around here I have a HDD with tons of screenshots of swg, and even better, screenshots of convos with devs.

Hope the laptop runs it OK....

e: holy cow I was such a nerd....

That laptop probably will run it fine.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Levarris posted:

Conveniently located near cnet.

NICE.

Since I bailed out before JTL/NGE, I have never seen some of these structures before. Holy crap we can have Millenium Falcons as residences? And these floating space condos fit for a skypimp:

Jesus christ I NEED ONE.

Edit: And am I seeing this right...GT's at metro, at just six declared residences? Can it be that running a city isn't a pain in the rear end here?

Plastic Pal fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Oct 22, 2014

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
If anyone goes out shopping and notices the follow Clothing attachments, can you grab them for me please? I'll reimburse when we meet.

+24 or 25

Def vs Knockdown, Def (Down), Dizzy, Stun, Intimidate, Melee Defense and Survey (+25 on this one).

Any /way to a decent 4 socket BE clothing vendor would be great also since I've not found a good one yet.

Cheers!

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

I seem to get random disconnects from the server that don't actually tell me ive
been disconnected. Other than that I'm having a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Plastic Pal posted:

NICE.

Since I bailed out before JTL/NGE, I have never seen some of these structures before. Holy crap we can have Millenium Falcons as residences? And these floating space condos fit for a skypimp:

Jesus christ I NEED ONE.

Edit: And am I seeing this right...GT's at metro, at just six declared residences? Can it be that running a city isn't a pain in the rear end here?

That can't be right, the city needs 15 to hit metro, and it did.

Levarris fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 13, 2014

• Locked thread