Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Tai posted:

If anyone goes out shopping and notices the follow Clothing attachments, can you grab them for me please? I'll reimburse when we meet.

+24 or 25

Def vs Knockdown, Def (Down), Dizzy, Stun, Intimidate, Melee Defense and Survey (+25 on this one).

Any /way to a decent 4 socket BE clothing vendor would be great also since I've not found a good one yet.

Cheers!

Theres a couple merchants that sell 4 socket clothing by Mos Bloodfin. I'll check it out tonight as I can't remember if they were stocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Home from work in like an hour. Anyone still around who could hook me up with a goonhut?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Whats the benefit to having a house?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

randombattle posted:

Whats the benefit to having a house?

Storage for all your stuff, setting up a storefront, chilling out and playing Space Interior Designer.

Edit: also yesss Ahdinko, you plopped the awesome Corellian-style city hall.

Drone fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Oct 22, 2014

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Whoever put their "Secret hideout" right on the main strip, please move it to behind the city haul or guild hall :(

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi

Ahdinko posted:

Whoever put their "Secret hideout" right on the main strip, please move it to behind the city haul or guild hall :(

That would be SomeDude.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Ahdinko posted:

And the drama of GoonTown urban planning begins anew.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
At least we got 4 houses in before we hosed it up though! :suicide:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Hey Drone, Ahdinko, installing. :shobon:. Did they ever finish commando?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

FireWhizzle posted:

Oh man, you better get a set of Stormtrooper armor and remake the SHITS anti-animal cruelty squad.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Drone posted:

Oh man, you better get a set of Stormtrooper armor and remake the SHITS anti-animal cruelty squad.

Let no space bagraset go unprotected. What the hell with these guys that look like human-arachnids in composite armor and their obsession with slaughtering the hard-built homes of such beautiful creatures?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Considering how racist people are against wookees on the server I can't help but imagine what they would do if you tried.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

randombattle posted:

Considering how racist people are against wookees on the server I can't help but imagine what they would do if you tried.

Racism aside, the practicality of gearing a wookie :negative:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I'm gonna do it you'll see! I've already got a garbage bag and some booties!

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

So how feature full is this server in reality then? Is it essentially the original complete SWG and just needs JTL to be finished or is there still stuff missing? Is there pet taming and mounts etc?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Hey Levarris, can you edit my post into your OP please so people can easily find info on how to get into the guild/mumble/etc:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3521554&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

FireWhizzle posted:

Good to see you on here again mate, I hope you're planning some more infiltrations and takeovers already :)

Jacada posted:

So how feature full is this server in reality then? Is it essentially the original complete SWG and just needs JTL to be finished or is there still stuff missing? Is there pet taming and mounts etc?

Its 98% complete Pre-CU SWG, some very small niggly bits dont work like TEF and city maintenance ticks. But it includes some of the good CU/NGE additions such as NGE housing/vehicles, combat balances, and they added their own stuff like some new planets and custom dungeons

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Oct 22, 2014

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Tai posted:

Hahah ok

gently caress me buy tapes. They are SO loving cheap. Got a 24 2h melee speed tape for 5k and a 25 2h accuracy tape for 10k. Makes life easier.

There's cheap and then there's Bloodfin cheap. This owns. :allears:

Sounds like I can live the dream of being a crafter without having a horribly steep economy to keep me down. Maybe I'll do swords/ranger again if resource gathering is needed. Do we have a ranger yet?

I signed up as Westy543 on the forums and sent an email to get my account activated. Is that all I need to do, Levarris?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Levarris, are carbines actually worth it now? And how long do corpses stay on the ground before getting despawned? I had a rifleman/ranger on Basilisk and it was rough getting hides because the corpse despawn rate is so fast. By the time I ran from my sniping range at 60m to the corpse, it would depop.

Drone fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Oct 22, 2014

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!
I also want to know how decent carbines are in the combat balances as well as how good are bounty hunters and commandos with these balance changes specifically?

Carbines used to get a bad-rap pre-CU and I really like them, are they worth using now?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
For carbines, unless they address the elephants in the room of high HAM cost (which was "I can kill myself faster than you can kill me!" bad, even with buffs) and lack of AP3, they'll still suck.

Same for Pistoleers (except the HAM costs) having no AP3. Pistoleer was mostly broken though.

Not much you can do without class specific head shot to attack mind (unless you went up their respective Bounty Hunter trees). Though I wish they would simply take away targeting of the mind from all classes

Commando, to a certain degree, was hampered by lack of AP3. Only the consumable heavy weapons had AP3 and they missed probably 90 percent of the time. I can understand the flamethrower not being AP3 because lets face it - it's just fire. But it needed it for balance purposes.

Now that I think about it, pretty much everyone lacked AP3 except...riflemen, swordsmen, and maaaaybe pikemen? TK VK's were AP2 and kinetic, none of the fencer weapons went above AP2 (though it could be argued the stun baton didn't need it and the class had good enough defenses to justify it).

That also doesn't take into consideration the lack of damage types (blast, stun, etc)

Tide fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 22, 2014

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

So I'm getting a block from Windows SmartScreen when I try to install the Dromund Kaas/Hoth patch... :tinfoil:

Drone fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 22, 2014

kodiac
Oct 15, 2006

All i could afford was this gay avatar! Dammit Swiss banking accounts!

Drone posted:

So I'm getting a block from Windows SmartScreen when I try to install the Dromund Kaas/Hoth patch... :tinfoil:

Should be a more or explain option around the bottom left(when smart screen opens), should allow you to install anyway.

Haha who already put a house on the Goon Strip..

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Got it figured out. I assume the "auto-registration" feature just means I choose a username and password when I get to the normal login box, and if that username isn't taken, it'll continue with character creation? Because that's what I did.

Gotta read up on stat migration first before I send myself off to one of the starter planets. Unfortunately had to stop before a houseguest arrived.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Drone posted:

Got it figured out. I assume the "auto-registration" feature just means I choose a username and password when I get to the normal login box, and if that username isn't taken, it'll continue with character creation? Because that's what I did.

Gotta read up on stat migration first before I send myself off to one of the starter planets. Unfortunately had to stop before a houseguest arrived.

Step 1: Pick Zabrak
Step 2: Reduce all health and action plus their subs to mins, max out mind and subs. You'll have some left over. I always choose to put it in the health and action mains.
Step 3: Commit.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

kodiac posted:

Should be a more or explain option around the bottom left(when smart screen opens), should allow you to install anyway.

Haha who already put a house on the Goon Strip..

SomeDude :(

Can someone take some kind of like overhead screenshot showing both the guild hall, city hall, the shuttleport and a couple of the houses around so i can draw lines on it that say DONT BUILD poo poo HERE?
If only we knew some kind of developer who probably has a no clip to fly up into the sky and press print screen...

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 22, 2014

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Does this server have the new craftable armors and weapons from NGE? Specifically the Imperial/Rebel armors?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Tide posted:

Step 1: Pick Zabrak
Step 2: Reduce all health and action plus their subs to mins, max out mind and subs. You'll have some left over. I always choose to put it in the health and action mains.
Step 3: Commit.

Isn't zabrak a specific armour class like wookie/itho? Good luck finding armour if so. Human all the way!

Tai fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 22, 2014

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
No, that was trandoshan (the tall lizard dudes). Zabbies get to use all the armors.

Zabs are great because of their equalization skill that spreads out their HAM in a pinch. And something else, but I can't remember what. Humans are the best balanced HAM wise and especially if you go imperial (no faction penalties), but they're so boring.

turp-o-matic
Dec 29, 2012

Tai posted:

Isn't zabrak a specific armour class like wookie/itho? Good luck finding armour if so. Human all the way!

Only wookies and those dirty ithorians have armor restrictions. Ithorian armors are either identical or very close to one of the "normal" armor types as far as materials needed to produce them. Wookie armor takes a completely different set of resources that is a pain to deal with.

Trandos aren't restricted by armor type but they can't wear boots and gloves because their race never discovered nail clippers.

Edit: Yeah, what he said. ^

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Ahh right. I've always stuck with human due to their stupidly high mind pool and not needing to bother with mind buffs in comp unless its high end PvE/PvP.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If you want high mind, go mon cal. Then run around yelling "ITS A TRAP!!!" everywhere you go.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
Oh hey, 4x exp and more features than bas?

Hopping on this train as Inyk

Rifles/Ranger here we goooo

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Geeze all these posts are making it seem like I made a mistake making a wookee gunner man.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

randombattle posted:

Geeze all these posts are making it seem like I made a mistake making a wookee gunner man.

Wookie brawlers are kind of awesome. Believe they get a bonus to...warcry? Low mind stats, though.

E: is there a list somewhere that details the changes to combat or stats that the bloodfin devs (you, levarris?) have made from the swgemu guys? If y'all made a balance pass to timers and damage modifiers, added AP3 to additional classes beyond what had them live (or has them on the 'main' emu), defensive stat adjustments to certain classes, I would legit contribute some $$$ to the cause beyond what I plan on tossing your way.

Tide fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 22, 2014

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
I'm thinking a Tailor/MArtisan main. Leaves me with 110 points. Thoughts?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
BE? Big lack of decent BE clothing.

Anyone got a link to Kodans profession thingy?

Tai fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 22, 2014

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
can't quite get the MArtisan with BE, but if there are gonna be artisans, and BE is in demand, I can let it go. Gonna need goons for mats, though.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Anyone in Goontown able to come and invite me now?

Tintifax
Aug 16, 2012

Just started two chars on Bloodfin, one a Zabrak rifling Kreetles around Mos Eisley, maybe going for Bounty Hunter/Creature Handler or Master Rifle/Ranger, the other a Mon Cal crafter maybe Weaponsmith to be.
Is there any Euro primetime presence in GoonTown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Been 8 in mumble all EU evening.

• Locked thread