Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Hi guys,

For those of you based in Australia, I was hoping to organise something of a case swap or secret Santa where you post a 6 pack of whatever beer you want that you've brewed to someone. The case swap is something more suited to about 15 people, I know AHB gets on and does them regularly. I'm all for it, but it would ideally need to be in Brisbane or Toowoomba if we have some sort of a meeting.

So, two options -

1. Regional Case Swap - people within about 200km of a central point get together at someone's house, have beers, swap beers and get really drunk and go home with a case of other people's beers. You need a number of people that will divide into 16 - 8 or 16 is ideal. Everyone brings along one beer for each person, two if there's 8. Different beers preferred! Get drunk, take a keg or two to someone's house and have a grand old time! BBQ, beers.

2. Secret Santa - Australia wide, you send any amount of whatever beer you have on hand to your recipient. Luck of the draw as to who you get and what you get!

Current interest:
Bobsled Boy
Wildfire1
McSpergin

Closer to having an idea I will start to put my email address up or something, we can all contact via that. As for now it's a registration of interest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

I don't think we have enough Aus home brew goons to do a case swap, but I would love to be proved wrong. I'm in Melbourne.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Try Auspol, there's plenty of brisbane goons there.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

xutech posted:

Try Auspol, there's plenty of brisbane goons there.

Brewing brisbane goons? I'd be happy to just do a swap for a few bottles IMVHO like a 6 pack swap or something

Nanpa
Apr 24, 2007
Nap Ghost
I'm up for either, Melbourne

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Nanpa posted:

I'm up for either, Melbourne

Jump into the Home Brew thread, there's a link there to secret Santa. Would also be willing to do a case swap or mixed half dozen swap or something

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

So who is up for a 6 pack swap? I doubt I'd be able to organise more beers than that, but 6 different beers I could do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I could potentially be up for it. I have a rye saison and a failed english ipa (turned out more like a strong english bitter but I don't hate it), a german lager hopped with cascade, a berliner and a belgian dark strong

• Locked thread