Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
isn't constantly hopping back to town to get rid of all the trash loot tedious?

i used to play like that, but it made games unfun and now i only pick up good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

OkieMurse posted:

I do this and still play diablo.

Diablo 3 has infinite free town portal and a pretty big inventory. Just pick every drat thing up and go sell it or disenchant it for crafting mats. Super easy to do.

Dont pick up common quality items tho

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I only keep consumables and crafting items and equipment upgrades. Nonmagical Longswords of Plus Nothing can sit and rust, who cares. I try to remember to use the consumables, or sell them, and craft as many potions as I can.
I also play very few games with inventory limits.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
It depends on the game for me. I hoovered up everything I saw in Diablo 2 because of decent selling prices, but in Diablo 3 I just ignore every white item, pretty much.

I am a weird hoarder in Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games, where I'll be like "yes I will hang onto these 4 different swords that take up a ton of inventory space, so I can swap out their various elemental effects" and then I never swap them out for their various elemental effects.

I do that thing in Borderlands, too, except sometimes I actually remember to swap for boss fights. I never feel a particular need to pick up absolutely every single piece of loot, though, because money is pretty easy to come by in those games.

I horde materials in any game with a crafting system, including Skyrim. Just up to my eyeballs in ingots and flowers and poo poo. I do this in Dredmor, too, even for crafts that I don't have a skill for. Starting tomorrow, Fantasy Life on the 3DS will somehow manage to kill me by this method.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

first play through I grab everything not nailed to the floor and use no consumables

Second play though I never hit max on inventory because do I really need a pewter soup bowl?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

Dont pick up common quality items tho

You need reusable parts and stuff.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That poo poo hardly drops though at the difficulty levels any competent human would be playing at anyway though.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

When. I played skyrim I just said gently caress it and console commanded my carry capacity to infinite because I was having so little fun carrying poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ForeverSmug posted:

When. I played skyrim I just said gently caress it and console commanded my carry capacity to infinite because I was having so little fun carrying poo poo

i do this for every rpg with a weight limit. it's lovely design. i dont want to put everything i own in a cabinet that can magically store infinite stuff (while i cant for some reason) and keep revisiting it when i need certain things.

witcher 2 and any bethesda/obsidian game become loads better when you cheat the weight limit

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Parallax Scroll posted:

go back and get it

That sounds like a pain in the rear end I think I'll just carry around 7000+ items, periodically stopping to unload a few so I can add a new cool-looking/higher-value thing to the heap

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

i do this for every rpg with a weight limit. it's lovely design. i dont want to put everything i own in a cabinet that can magically store infinite stuff (while i cant for some reason) and keep revisiting it when i need certain things.

witcher 2 and any bethesda/obsidian game become loads better when you cheat the weight limit

Like, it's important for some games, because it's all about resource management. But not games like that - and especially skyrim where it's already pretty not great but is absolutely miserable busy work otherwise. The other option is to do a shitload of trips, but if the shits gonna get to my storage facility anyway it's better to just save myself the time.

I mean, I get that they wanna be "realistic" and immersive but infinite inventories are just a video game quality of life thing like not having to use the bathroom or something

Like, they could give you an item or something and say it's some kinda demensional pocket or something that you can drop items into at Any time, but can only take them out at certain places or something. Boom, now your players won't have a lovely miserable time while still maintaining game balance, AND it fits the world. This poo poo ain't hard

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Autism is the only way. Memorize relevant crafting ingredients and adhere to weight/value ratios for vendor trash.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Gamer Confession: I actually like the tetris-style inventory layout systems.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

I like.them too, but they're best when their only for equipping stuff or stuff on hand. 365/2 days or Re:coded uses it for leveling up and it's p good. I think Avalon Code had something like it too with code blocks.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I enjoyed categorizing loot to my house in Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games

...i'm autistic arent i

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

skyrim might be rear end but I will say this: making a well stacked bookshelf gave me a boner :yohoho:

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
I have all-day autism pills (last 12 hours) and an autism inhaler for emergencies so I gueive myself autism temporarily so i can play RPG games that contain numbers. Otherwsie I am completely unable to comprehend numbers and they even appear to me as blurry dots on the videogame.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't pick up anything but guns to repair with and food

gently caress everything else

If I want another item I just kill the NPC for it

No hoarding

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Squelch Hardon posted:

I have all-day autism pills (last 12 hours) and an autism inhaler for emergencies so I gueive myself autism temporarily so i can play RPG games that contain numbers. Otherwsie I am completely unable to comprehend numbers and they even appear to me as blurry dots on the videogame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

same

• Locked thread