Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I pick up everything, except for stuff that's obviously worthless even as vendor trash, Ragg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Ragg posted:

Doesn't it drive you crazy.

I've learned to suppress it, because it's impossible for me to play any other way.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Effectronica posted:

Now that I think about it, I do go for optimization in Fire Emblem games, and I'm not sure why. Maybe some sort of *yawn*, uh, visceral attachment to *zzz*

The random leveling in those games drives me nuts.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Ragg posted:

Sigh. Is this the curse of a gamer?

*Nods solemnly.*

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Ragg posted:

The hosed up thing is there has to be a lot of people who feel that way because Rope Kid is specifically designing Pillars of Eternity around this kind of behavior.

Completionist behavior or anti-completionist behavior?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Ragg posted:

Degenerate behavior like looting everything and then having to spend ages deciding what to keep and what to drop based on value/weight ratios, or going back and forth looting things in hauls.

I'm probably going to end up doing this when I play Pillars of Eternity.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Ragg posted:

You won't have to because theres no limit to how much you can loot.

Then I guess I'll just loot everything, without a care in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Heran Bago posted:

You just pick up some of the stuff.

That's impossible.

• Locked thread