Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

As a non-autistic person (to my knowledge), OP, I just don't pick up things and reconcile it with having time I don't want to spend sorting through junk later. Life is short. Often, as well, you can tell things are junk at first glance, which makes that part easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If I'm really strapped for cash in the game I might do it but as a gamer and a man, I often decide that X amount of missed gold or whatever, is worth whatever tedium and time I saved not sorting and selling and picking up crap I don't want.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

One way to look at it is, you can feel like a rich man if you scoff at items like it's not worth the time to pick up a sword you might of picked up many moons ago and thought it was the greatest thing you ever seen.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ah Map posted:

I only pick up items that begin with a vowel.

You have acquired: AIDS x1.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

It makes sense.

Maybe but I don't find it as fun, even if it does make sense. If it's a single player game especially it's like, am I really trying to prove myself to anyone? I could just lie and say I do the optimal thing, and no one would be the wiser.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

I mean that that X amount of missed gold or whatever, is worth whatever tedium and time I saved not sorting and selling and picking up crap I don't want. makes sense.

Oh.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

I should have said: this makes sense, probably.

I thought you were referring to compulsively getting every piece of gold possible making sense, which I would also agree with as far as it makes sense in the interest of optimizing how you play a game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

The pencil value to weight ratio is infinite.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

Dont pick up common quality items tho

You need reusable parts and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That poo poo hardly drops though at the difficulty levels any competent human would be playing at anyway though.

• Locked thread