Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Ragg posted:

I get pissed off in games where theres tons of loot cuz I want to pick it all up. People tell me I'm crazy for this so I want to know, how are you supposed to interact with loots in games like this. Do you just pick things up at random? Do you have some system for what to pick up and what to leave. What's the deal?

In qdiabs I usually figure out what I'm gonna use for gear early on and just pick stuff up that fits that image, unless I see something with a good color-coding or cool name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Lay off me, I gamed with aussies.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Ragg posted:

I don't know what qdiabs is. What about like crafting stuff of junk loot that you can sell to vendors.

Quasi-diablo, I think? I tend to just not craft or pick up vendor trash, which is probably not such a good strategy.

EDIT: In New Vegas I generally just pick up stuff for ammo crafting, while in FF12/TA2 I just dump everything at the Bazaar every so often.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Ragg posted:

Ok so far the answer seems to be you just accept that you're playing non optimally and only pick up things that are directly useful.

Basically, yes. This backfires on me every so often, of course.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Now that I think about it, I do go for optimization in Fire Emblem games, and I'm not sure why. Maybe some sort of *yawn*, uh, visceral attachment to *zzz*

• Locked thread