Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

if it's better than what i have or like a sidegrade for some gimmick, then i equip it or hang on to it. if i'm clearly never going to use it, i pick it up anyway to sell. if my inventory fills up with stuff to sell then i start dropping whatever would sell for the least amount, but i dont feel good about doing it

i also find diablo-likes mostly kind of boring, though, so maybe im not the best example? the diablo-style control scheme of just holding click at the enemy is boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Ragg posted:

I should have specified I don't maen diablo likes but rather story centric rpgs such as, infinity engine games, bethesda games, new vegas, witcher etc.

for bethesda games i usually keep a non-respawning chest in my house or somewhere else where i put all my equipment, so when i loot stuff i keep anything i will use right then, anything that stacks/is consumable, anything that is really low weight that isnt useless, and any equipment i've never seen before so i can bring it back to the house. i dont normlly keep the crafting poo poo because i can always just find more of it some other time when i'm actually interested in crafting whatever it is

dont think i've ever run completely out of inv space in any infinity engine game, a party of 6 carrying bags has tons of slots

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Pre-war money is weightless so you should hoard every single piece of it.

Mm.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Ragg posted:

I picked up every drat pencil for this reason

i would quicksave the game in ppl's houses or shops just to make sure i didnt piss them off for stealing all their pencils

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Ragg posted:

The pencil value to weight ratio is infinite.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

bethesda rpgs sometimes have dudes who are holding a chair or brick or something stupid like that in their inventory, so if you accidentally click auto loot you you have to go hunt in your menu for the useless heavy thing you accidentally grabbed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Gamer Confession: I actually like the tetris-style inventory layout systems.

• Locked thread