Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

how,the gently caress should I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

I wish games would just let you hoard every single loving thing

They could balance it like parasite eve and just let you use stuff in your "active" inventory and send everything else to the warehouse BC otherwise I gotta make ten trips to the mouth of the dungeon, load everything into a chest or something, then load everything into my inv, then fast travel, and it is insanely gay

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

When. I played skyrim I just said gently caress it and console commanded my carry capacity to infinite because I was having so little fun carrying poo poo

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

i do this for every rpg with a weight limit. it's lovely design. i dont want to put everything i own in a cabinet that can magically store infinite stuff (while i cant for some reason) and keep revisiting it when i need certain things.

witcher 2 and any bethesda/obsidian game become loads better when you cheat the weight limit

Like, it's important for some games, because it's all about resource management. But not games like that - and especially skyrim where it's already pretty not great but is absolutely miserable busy work otherwise. The other option is to do a shitload of trips, but if the shits gonna get to my storage facility anyway it's better to just save myself the time.

I mean, I get that they wanna be "realistic" and immersive but infinite inventories are just a video game quality of life thing like not having to use the bathroom or something

Like, they could give you an item or something and say it's some kinda demensional pocket or something that you can drop items into at Any time, but can only take them out at certain places or something. Boom, now your players won't have a lovely miserable time while still maintaining game balance, AND it fits the world. This poo poo ain't hard

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

Gamer Confession: I actually like the tetris-style inventory layout systems.

I like.them too, but they're best when their only for equipping stuff or stuff on hand. 365/2 days or Re:coded uses it for leveling up and it's p good. I think Avalon Code had something like it too with code blocks.

• Locked thread