Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
for me? chaotic neutral. i like to be a reasonably upstanding citizen but dont mind a bit of stealing and knocking people off now and again but only if theyre bad dudes and had it coming
. and sometimes i just flip out and you better hope you dont get in my way bitch!

mind you the moral relativist in me at least partially make me want to jsut blow that gygax bullshit off and just do what i want and gently caress framing it in some racist fucker's outdated sense of right and wrong, but i wouldnt let that get in the way of posting a thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
True neutral because the answer lies somewhere in the middle.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
I generally prefer Neutral for my first run-through, then Chaos, then Law. This burned me in Strange Journey.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

chaotic rear end in a top hat

I dont really kill people unnecessarily, I just crouch around everywhere, stealing poo poo, picking pockets and kicking everything off tables.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Kleptomaniac Ubermensch.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i used to use Temperance as my dump Virtue but i've since found high Temperance, high Compassion characters to be both fun and effective.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zeal posted:

i used to use Temperance as my dump Virtue but i've since found high Temperance, high Compassion characters to be both fun and effective.
High Compassion, low Valor, spend a lot of your time watching the people you care about die and crying as the members of your circle descend into madness.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Usually Chaotic Good because I do what I want to but I'm pretty nice and nobody seems to mind how I steal everything not nailed down, until I get the hammer and come back and steal everything nailed down

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

Usually Chaotic Good because I do what I want to but I'm pretty nice and nobody seems to mind how I steal everything not nailed down, until I get the hammer and come back and steal everything nailed down
That's Chaotic Neutral you stupid thieving dick, now get the hell out of my party.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
chaotic evil :twisted:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Lawful Neutral because I get to be a pedantic rear end in a top hat as part of my character, covering for my being a pedantic rear end in a top hat

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's Chaotic Neutral you stupid thieving dick, now get the hell out of my party.

Do you see how many orphans I've saved while looting their orphanages. I've done slightly more good than evil, that entitles me to be Chaotic Good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

Do you see how many orphans I've saved while looting their orphanages. I've done slightly more good than evil, that entitles me to be Chaotic Good.
No, that's still Chaotic Neutral, and everyone else at the table is sick of it. Roll up a new character and play right or we'll go play at someone else's house.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Neutral Good in most things.

Neutral in SMT (which served me well in SMT4 though I'm still not sure how I managed to get neutral without following a guide in that game).

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Chaotic Good because I don't necessarily want to be a bad guy but sometimes you just need to steal and punch a dude in the face.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

High Compassion, low Valor, spend a lot of your time watching the people you care about die and crying as the members of your circle descend into madness.

it'd be fun to play a character designed to quickly rack up the Limit necessary to do regular Red Rages of Compassion

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Lawful Good. :colbert:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zeal posted:

it'd be fun to play a character designed to quickly rack up the Limit necessary to do regular Red Rages of Compassion
I had a character with a Conviction limit that fueled whenever a plan he came up with failed: his Conviction was entirely in his own abilities. When he broke, he had a total nervous breakdown and refused to make any decisions.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

whih one lets me sleep with viconia? that one

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Neutral Evil is the one true alignment for any skeleton

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
any jackass can be chaotic evil but it takes a master to be lawful good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chaos Heavy.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I think once you really get into it Lawful Good can be a very fun alignment to play.

In games like SMT I usually prefer Neutral.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
true neutral, as I don't have a personality

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

lawful neutral because I am the law

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Kill all Kender.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

any jackass can be chaotic evil but it takes a master to be lawful good

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Can the byob people with obnoxious sigs and avatars please go back to their home forum.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lawful Good.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I usually go the goody two shoes routes because all the other options are invariably even bigger pricks and written in even more boring ways.

At least that's the case when the preferred and superior option of 40K Ork is not available.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

chumbler posted:

I usually go the goody two shoes routes because all the other options are invariably even bigger pricks and written in even more boring ways.

Lawful Good: I say, brandishes Sir Stick this is a most ravishing party.
Chaotic Evil: Oy, cram your whore mouth with some goblin dicks you slag.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Can the byob people with obnoxious sigs and avatars please go back to their home forum.

Is this not a forum of freedom?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

I transcend gender and alignment

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Is this not a forum of freedom?

Good point. Freely disengages your head from your neck with a chain saw and kicks it down a flight of stairs.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Thank you.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

lawful evil. i've got a code but it isnt for you

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

haha, just kidding, Lawful Neutral :)

Myrmomancer
May 31, 2014
Any lawful alignment ain't for me. I do my own thing, which is mainly stealing poo poo.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I feel bad when I'm mean to npcs but I want all their stuff, so chaotic good I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

zen death robot posted:

I have sigs off, how bad are we talking here?

Not really that big to be honest, it's more that long avatars that cheese me off.

• Locked thread