Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
"Dustforce" now has 125 new levels, 109 of which were community made, and instead of four separate hub areas, it's all been relocated to one "world map".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Cool, I just bought this game.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I suck at this game yet it rules

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I suck at this game yet it rules

I've been playing on and off again for a while trying to SS the level you need to SS for the achievement, but haven't been able to. Maybe I'll restart the game with this update though

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Dustforce is good and having all replays for top scores available is good and something every game needs to do

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im waiting for it to go on sale. saw it at under 5 once and im an idiot and didnt buy it

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
It's 1$ on the humble bundle right now https://www.humblebundle.com/

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Heck yeah, a good reason to play Dustforce again.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Falsum posted:

It's worth the full ten, so get this

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

fronz posted:

"Dustforce" now has 125 new levels, 109 of which were community made, and instead of four separate hub areas, it's all been relocated to one "world map".

I think it's kinda funny how they went back to the full world map after switching to the hub system.

really though I want loving spire

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

im waiting for it to go on sale. saw it at under 5 once and im an idiot and didnt buy it

i am also this retarded

Falsum posted:

i love you

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Falsum posted:

nice thanks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just started playing dustforce holy gently caress the music

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

i just started playing dustforce holy gently caress the music

same. been playing it with this controller:

it's p. much the best

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
I just bought Bayonetta 2, but I decided to get this Humble Bundle. Dust Force looks good, it feels like the Mario to Super Meat Boy's Sonic.

What I'm saying is it's a better game.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i don't have a dollar

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context

stoutfish posted:

i don't have a dollar

Get a job.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

1upclock posted:

Get a job.

i'm an unemployable piece of poo poo please give me free stuff

thanks obama

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

stoutfish posted:

i don't have a dollar

you only need the whole dollar if you want a steam key you can get it for whatever the minimum transaction is for just a dl link.

Dustforce level design is amazing because they're fully aware of how the engine reacts and build insane levels around it. Which is a nice break from something like a 3D sonic game where you can skip half the level by spindash jumping over a wall they thought was tall enough.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 24, 2014

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

stoutfish posted:

i don't have a dollar

You're a piece of poo poo to not have a dollar for Dustforce.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SeXReX posted:

Dustforce level design is amazing because they're fully aware of how the engine reacts and build insane levels around it. Which is a nice break from something like a 3D sonic game where you can skip half the level by spindash jumping over a wall they thought was tall enough.

Dustforce reminds me of that N+ flash game I played in highschool, except it has rad music and nice visuals.

Breaking 3D Sonic levels was pretty fun though.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Does it have Steam Trading Cards or Achievements yet? No? Then I'm not interested. Put a little effort into releasing your game before you loving release it on Steam. There's Early Access piles that have STC support, there is no excuse for this game not to.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

SeXReX posted:

you only need the whole dollar if you want a steam key you can get it for whatever the minimum transaction is for just a dl link.

fall damage was invented by 3d games to prevent you from skipping around levels. 2d surpremacy

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Does it have Steam Trading Cards or Achievements yet? No? Then I'm not interested. Put a little effort into releasing your game before you loving release it on Steam. There's Early Access piles that have STC support, there is no excuse for this game not to.

It has both Steam Trading Cards and an Achievement.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

stoutfish posted:

fall damage was invented by 3d games to prevent you from skipping around levels. 2d surpremacy

except the original prince of persia had fall damage and was 2d.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Oxyclean posted:

except the original prince of persia had fall damage and was 2d.

oh poo poo you're right.

but that wasn't to make up for bad level design

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

clearing the first world, the game is a bit frustrating since anything below SS rank is a failure, so im restarting levels over and over again every time i make the slightest fuckup.

that said its pretty amazing and i like that theres a lady with duster pom-poms

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

stoutfish posted:

all the good ones have tech to negate it though.

in Super Mario 64 you don't take any damage if the last time you touched ground before falling was rolling out of a dive.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

stoutfish posted:

i don't have a dollar

sell your plat

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

stoutfish posted:

that poo poo was in donkey kong ffs

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
I loved this game! The old man is my favourite!

inexpensive meal
Jan 29, 2012

toot toot
This is really fun with a stick. I suck at it though.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
The community-made levels are really good so far.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bobnumerotres posted:

clearing the first world, the game is a bit frustrating since anything below SS rank is a failure
not really, you get partial exp(or whatever you want to call the key bar) for clears less than ss so you can get like aa or ac or something on a few different levels and still get keys to unlock new ones.

also the different characters have different strengths and weaknesses so if you're having trouble with something try switching

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Awesome! posted:

not really, you get partial exp(or whatever you want to call the key bar) for clears less than ss so you can get like aa or ac or something on a few different levels and still get keys to unlock new ones.

also the different characters have different strengths and weaknesses so if you're having trouble with something try switching

ive gotten so used to how pompom moves using anyone else fucks me up

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.
I am a lovely person who has seen this game for sale many times and never bought it. Fixed.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I played it a bit and it's a really good update but I want to restart my save and cant find a way to do that

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

find your save and delete it

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

find your save and delete it

I did this but it didn't do anything somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU