Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Meme Emulator posted:

Whats thoe Hobbie Tour

The Hobbit Tour would be the best name for a Danny Devito Sex Tape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

ive noticed a trend in games, too

its going down

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

quote:

sulphix posted:
I called ahead to Best Buy to make sure they had it tomorrow. It was kind of funny spelling out the name and then describing the box art to an employee who either had no idea or had a fun grief on me.

I hope this was referring to the new senran kagura game

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

lesbian baphomet posted:

I've done it for weird used poo poo that might accidentally not be in stock, like ps2 SMT games.

but it seems kinda weird and pointless to do it for a current release, almost as weird as buying a physical copy of a current release for full retail price would be in the first place

Get this: Normies buy physical copies of current releases for full retail price, all the time.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Get this: Normies buy physical copies of current releases for full retail price, all the time.

*falls out of my drat chair*

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

*Tries to pull myself back up but keeps slipping on all the beverages I've sprayed all over the desk*

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In middle school I preordered Ocarina of Time at Toys R Us and when I went to pick it up I just grabbed a copy off the shelf and the lady behind the counter was like oh did you reserve (we called it reserving in those days), then you get this one, and gave me one of the copies from behind the counter. It had a special shiny cover and of course the cart was gold. That was nice of her to make sure I got my special copy. Well that's my preorder story thanks for listening.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

sometimes i call just to see if they had that one anime game with the big tittied high school girls who fight because lol thats so funny

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Gaming is a shameful hobby so I only order from amazon or ebay, far away from judging eyes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fellis posted:

I hope this was referring to the new senran kagura game

it was bayonetta 2

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Amazon (the American non-lovely one) stopped shipping games to Canada not too long ago, and Steam changed their prices to Canadian money lately to dick us. It's an expensive time to be a gamer up north.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Great Joe posted:

ive noticed a trend in games, too

its going down

*does a shotgun pump on his super scope* lock n' load, boys.

GewuerzKahn
Jan 7, 2014

My opposable nipples are hurting me.

"sulphix" posted:

I called ahead to Best Buy to make sure they had it tomorrow. It was kind of funny spelling out the name and then describing the box art to an employee who either had no idea or had a fun grief on me.
i can avoid this kind of shame by checking stuff online

great, its available in my local electronics store

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*Tries to pull myself back up but keeps slipping on all the beverages I've sprayed all over the desk*

Lol

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

LaTex Fetish posted:

sometimes i call just to see if they had that one anime game with the big tittied high school girls who fight because lol thats so funny

Me too and then I reserve and buy a copy

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Knuc U Kinte posted:

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Knuc U Kinte posted:

where people frequently call up the videogame store to make sure that their game is there. Is this a normal thing that other adults do.

If its a weird or obscure game.. Yes. But also cause i live in a realy rural area and have to drive kinda far to get to a games store.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
There are adult gamers who still buy physical copies from a STORE??? Not even Amazon?? :psyduck:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
The last physical video game I bought from a store for full retail price was Borderlands for the PC in 2009

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i went to the local gamestop to buy bravely default when it came out and they didnt have any copies of the game. maybe i should of called ahead? it was ok in the end because the target next door had a copy

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i went to the local gamestop to buy bravely default when it came out and they didnt have any copies of the game. maybe i should of called ahead? it was ok in the end because the target next door had a copy

This happened to me too and I just bought it on the e shop.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i dont like many of the stores selling games and id rather nintendo get a larger cut of the money

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can't even remember the last time I've bought a game in a real store instead of just ordering or downloading it, because the thought of interacting with another human being terrifies me to my gooncore.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
does this mean I cannot go pick up bayo 2 today in disc form

gently caress guess it's time to finally grow up

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

chumbler posted:

I can't even remember the last time I've bought a game in a real store instead of just ordering or downloading it, because the thought of interacting with another human being terrifies me to my gooncore.

this, but actually because I am very lazy

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
i did it for metroid prime trilogy when it firs tcame out so i didnt drive to best buy for no reason OP

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

bonzibuddy64 posted:

If its a weird or obscure game.. Yes. But also cause i live in a realy rural area and have to drive kinda far to get to a games store.

ahh i can relate fellow gamer. i also use to live in a rural area where a trip to the game store was roughly 45 minutes one way.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i just buy stuf online.. usually from amazon.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
erm, if anyone was like, wondering.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

I.N.R.I posted:

erm, if anyone was like, wondering.

I was, INRI. Thank you.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

I.N.R.I posted:

i just buy stuf online.. usually from amazon.

Same.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Arian_Samurai posted:

Gaming is a shameful hobby

Leave.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Just go buy a game. Shoot the haters with a rocket launcher.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
hey uh, you got uhm battletoads?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
*walks into gamestop with dick firmly in hand*

"GIMME A COPY OF BAYONETTA 2, BITCHES!"

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i did this when i was 10

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Games posters' time is extremely valuable.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i guess it makes sense to check so you dont waste your moms time driving you to the store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

1. gamestop has a game locator on their website
2. target usually carries the kind of games i wanna play anyway so i just shop at target instead
3. i never shop at best buy cause it's kind of out of the way for me and there's an annoying left turn i have to make to get in there and it's just not worth going to honestly

why the gently caress do goons shop at best buy anyway, it sucks and i hate making that left turn

• Locked thread