Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i wanna shop in america. ill take that left turn any day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I buy almost all my games via Amazon, and since I have Amazon Prime they always arrive on time.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i called toys r us for like a week to ask if yoshi's story was in stock. i learned young not to hope for things.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

BKPR posted:

i called toys r us for like a week to ask if yoshi's story was in stock. i learned young not to hope for things.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Liquid Penguins posted:

old people say "let your fingers do the walking"

I say "just get it on digital download"

Poor people don't have credit cards and have to pay with food stamps and sticky dollar bills.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

buzzsaw.gif posted:

Poor people don't have credit cards and have to pay with food stamps and sticky dollar bills.

um I'm sorry to correct you but everybody knows the old person currency of choice is a check that they will take 20 minutes to write.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

i just buy stuf online.. usually from amazon.

i thot everyone did this so i was suprised to see all the people in this thread talking about going to a gamestore

very weird

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

sometimes you just don't want to wait for 3 to 7 business days when you get the itch to game.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

lesbian baphomet posted:

sometimes you just don't want to wait for 3 to 7 business days when you get the itch to game.

look at this plebe without amazon prime :smug:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

look at this plebe without amazon prime :smug:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

There weren't any Hobbits there. Well, there were gardeners and the guide tried to make everyone call him Samwise.

Did you?

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I called six GameStops to find one that actually had Smash in stock on its release day. The pain of being too broke to preorder games in time :smithicide:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

GewuerzKahn posted:

i can avoid this kind of shame by checking stuff online

great, its available in my local electronics store

Speaking as someone who once worked at a Target, using the site is a crapshoot because they have slow updates. Granted, that might just be Target's problem.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I did not.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Mach2 posted:

I called six GameStops to find one that actually had Smash in stock on its release day. The pain of being too broke to preorder games in time :smithicide:

you didnt have five dollars?

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

I've done this only once for Nier. At the time I was looking for it, it was cheaper at gamestop than online places like amazon or ebay.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Of course I call if I'm going to a brick and mortar store. A purchase in any kind of brick and mortar store is basically you fighting a battle against the employees lovely pay and lack of motivation, so anything you can get on your side that might make them actually walk to go check if they have it is a good thing.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

surc posted:

Of course I call if I'm going to a brick and mortar store. A purchase in any kind of brick and mortar store is basically you fighting a battle against the employees lovely pay and lack of motivation, so anything you can get on your side that might make them actually walk to go check if they have it is a good thing.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

*walks into gamestop with dick firmly in hand*

"GIMME A COPY OF BAYONETTA 2, BITCHES!"

Parallax Scroll posted:

i did this when i was 10

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Parallax Scroll posted:

you didnt have five dollars?

A.) Nope.
and
B.) I had no way of knowing if I'd have the full amount to pay it off on release, and they only keep your preorder for like three days after release. So if I didn't have the rest of the game's cost available, I'd lose whatever money I'd already put down on it.

Being a poor gamer is worse than death. It's even worse that I also have another expensive hobby, music.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Mach2 posted:

Being a poor gamer is worse than death.

feel your pain, I sicken myself that I can't just order a Wii U plus some games immediately and get ready for Smash.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You should be happy to be a gamer at all. Many in this world go without.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Wormskull posted:

You should be happy to be a gamer at all. Many in this world go without.

true

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012
I phoned Steam to see if they had a game in stock and they told me to check online.I am never going to that store again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I drove to the Hobbit Tour via GPS the other day.

• Locked thread