Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's a million times worse than origins you dumb human being.
I disagree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

JT Jag posted:

I disagree

Knuc is correct.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The only thing bad about origins is that their sales are horrendous, but at least they started giving out free poo poo, which is cool. I still haven't bought the last ME3 dlc because it's like $20 or something ridiculous which is more than I paid for the full game.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

In my experience, Uplay has given me no problems and Origin has been kind of rear end

Then again I am just a sample size of one so that is ultimately meaningless

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Uplay is the one thing preventing me from playing From Dust, which I was enjoying quite a bit. Uplay loving crashes and is a piece of unnecessary poo poo and I hate it and want it to DIE!

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Widestancer posted:

I'd pay 99 cents extra for each game not to have to deal with Uplay.

This. I've never personally experienced a uPlay problem, but I know people who have and I avoid any game that uses it.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Da gently caress...*Tries to look away but can;t* YODA!!! NO!!! *Shakes fist* drat you god! drat you to hell! Thanks for bacon though.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Sir AIDS posted:

Da gently caress...*Tries to look away but can;t* YODA!!! NO!!! *Shakes fist* drat you god! drat you to hell! Thanks for bacon though.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sir AIDS posted:

Lmao/.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

what do Uplay points even do... what are they for....

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Silver Striker posted:

Yeah. Without Uplay they'd just be normal paid DLC. It's nice that you can at least get some of that for free.

DLC weapons and stuff almost always just make the game worse anyway.... who theh gently caress wants an exclusive DLC/preorder Rare Mega Gun or whatever when its just gonna destroy the normal difficulty/progression when you start.... chumps, that's who

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

lesbian baphomet posted:

DLC weapons and stuff almost always just make the game worse anyway.... who theh gently caress wants an exclusive DLC/preorder Rare Mega Gun or whatever when its just gonna destroy the normal difficulty/progression when you start.... chumps, that's who
It's not always stuff that effects progression

Usually it's just skins

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I come home to the Imp Zone (I live in the game) from a long day of gamer, and I come back to people praising origins, of all things? Good job giving out your lovely games no one wants to pay for, for free EA, but no one wants to download another lovely loving webclient to play games on the computer. Why are you talking about Uplay on the computer, the PC version of Uplay loving blows, it's only good on the console, which is the best gaming medium. I tol' you all this and you started talking about the computer anway, lotta gaming fossils itt.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

lesbian baphomet posted:

Getting in game rewards, which are usually replaced with better items a couple hours into the game

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You can actually use most Uplay items throughout the entirety of your playthrough.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Buschmaki posted:

I come home to the Imp Zone (I live in the game) from a long day of gamer, and I come back to people praising origins, of all things? Good job giving out your lovely games no one wants to pay for, for free EA, but no one wants to download another lovely loving webclient to play games on the computer. Why are you talking about Uplay on the computer, the PC version of Uplay loving blows, it's only good on the console, which is the best gaming medium. I tol' you all this and you started talking about the computer anway, lotta gaming fossils itt.

You'll be a posting fossil in about ten minutes if you don't shut the gently caress up.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Fossils aren't just dead things, dummy, they're special dead things, like the computer as a medium for gaming.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm just angry and bitter my PC broke and I only got my PS4 and laptop now, so I can only play games on my laptop as none exist for PS4

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

lesbian baphomet posted:

You can buy random poo poo with them. It varies depending on the game. I think some older games you could actually buy real DLC with them, no idea about now.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Buschmaki posted:

I'm just angry and bitter my PC broke and I only got my PS4 and laptop now, so I can only play games on my laptop as none exist for PS4

this is a rough time in the life of a gamer. you have my prayers

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Buschmaki posted:

This is simply not true. You can find the critically acclaimed Infamous: Second Son (Actually the THIRD Infamous game) as well as Infamous: First Light on the PS4.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
shoulda got a wii u

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

elf help book posted:

shoulda got a wii u

this too

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

elf help book posted:

shoulda got a wii u

This is true in every situation.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I already have a Wii

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Buschmaki posted:

I already have a Wii

What does this have to do with buying a Wii U?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Isn't that like, just another one of those sidegrade consoles like from the hexagonal DS to the rectangle DS?

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Steam rules and at least Origin gave me a free copy of Dragon Age. Uplay can't even download a patch correctly. Every time I want to install Far Cry 3 it has to download, then it installs, then it directs me to the game's website to download the patch. That's loving stupid.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Buschmaki posted:

Isn't that like, just another one of those sidegrade consoles like from the hexagonal DS to the rectangle DS?

Good lord.

The Nintendo Wii U is a standalone console that has exclusive games and is extremely win.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Buschmaki posted:

what the gently caress is this

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Buschmaki posted:

The WiiU is a new independent console, and it already has an arguably better library than the Wii.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Wait wat, are all of these loving handhelds coming out like the PS Vita and poo poo and apparently the Wii U new consoles?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Buschmaki posted:

Wait wat, are all of these loving handhelds coming out like the PS Vita and poo poo and apparently the Wii U new consoles?

shut up

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Buschmaki posted:

The Playstation Vita is the successor to the PSP.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I loving have a PSP that's why I didn't buy a PS Vita

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the psp is 10 years old

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Woops.