Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

nerdbot posted:

the only screenshots I wish to share are from back in the day when every Valve server had Replays active, and you could get very good screenshots with it

Thanks for reminding me that Sam & Max are now a distant memory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh my goodness! Four days of updates and on the first 5 new maps?! I am giddy!

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
Are they going to make competitive any good?

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
No.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Oh, is it time for weird Scout positions?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

team fortress

poo

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bring the caber back to its former glory

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Those new taunts are great. :allears:

Leathal posted:

TF2 is back?

It never left.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Well, while we're sharing screenshots.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Oh my goodness! Four days of updates and on the first 5 new maps?! I am giddy!

Ya I am so happy to see TF2 finally get some love from Valve.

Gonna reinstall it immediately. Been looking to play Tf2 since I got bored of Overwatch.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I'm definitely interested in playing again too. I'll try to find a good server so I don't have to put up with one-and-done matchmaking. I'll nag some friends to play with me (note that servers, unlike matchmaking, let you play against your friends as well as with them, and let them join mid-match). I'm really looking forward to this update, in a way that's crumbling my hard-earned cynicism.

But... this feeling comes with a stowaway. A zombie of a desire, never truly dead. Once again, I'm going to cry to the heavens (or six miles of sky to Valve HQ) my demand, the one thing I've wanted most whenever I've played, the thing I would pay more real money for than anything else they could dream up, the thing that would finally make their game artistically and mechanically divine... a Lugermorph Strangifier.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 17, 2017

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It's been so long since I've messed around with it, but a lot of my settings are kinda messed up and I want to be able to change my custom bindings and such, but I don't think I have my autoexec file anymore since I reset my hard-drive. Have they changed how that works, because I can't find my "Steam/steamapps/<your name>/Team Fortress 2/cfg" folder

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Don't have access to my steam files atm but IIRC it should be under 'steamapps/common/teamfortress'.

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.
Yeah, it got moved from your account name folder to common a while back, should be Steam/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf/cfg now.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

mabels big day posted:

quotin' dis. i remember when i finally got my hands on a strange caber, only for it to get the poo poo nerfed out of it a few weeks later.

additional screenshot from when i was mapmaking. i, uh, forgot to add a thing.

also more screenshots from making pl_de_aztec. i love aztec in CS:S and cobbled together a payload version in TF2 going from CT to T spawn. these are before i added in the cart/tracks, i should get more shots of that later.

Dieting Hippo fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 17, 2017

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

mabels big day posted:

This

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ah, right. Every server I used to play on is gone

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
I may just have to reinstall TF2 finally for a few games.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

El Burbo posted:

Ah, right. Every server I used to play on is gone

The worst feeling.

Is the server list in the OP still accurate?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Cnidario posted:

The worst feeling.

Is the server list in the OP still accurate?

quote:

Zero! hosed around with this message at Jul 6, 2016 around 18:06

Gonna go with a simple "no"

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Well the Mic Snobs servers are still up

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Valve apparently takes Tuesdays off, either that or the 4 days of announcements are non consecutive.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Day 2 update will actually be day 3 at best.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jinh posted:

Frick yeah we made it to day 1 of the update. See ya next year for day 2.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Jinh posted:

Frick yeah we made it to day 1 of the update. See ya next year for day 2.
http://www.teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/campaign.php

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
It's up, just not loading correctly. Some bullshit about contracts and hats. :sterv:

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Something tastes like crow. Glad they could get it in before midnight :) the images are broken for me on the page, but it could be from the hundred thousand people hitting f5 simultaneously

crabf
May 29, 2015
basically there's gonna be contracts that act differently and are all readily available to be done rather than waiting a week to do two more or whatever:

quote:

The ConTracker is a handy PDA that, for the first time, lets you customize your campaign! (It’s even equippable as a cosmetic item.)
Easily browse through every available contract and check out the rewards. Choose your own path based on the contracts you’re eager to complete. Match the contracts to your play-style with class, weapon and game mode-specific challenges. Tackle primary contract objectives and bonus objectives with varying challenge levels.
and you can queue with people and stuff they do also goes towards your own contract goal as though you did it yourself

edit: oh yeah and paints for your weapons which could be unusual/strange

also site is up for me now

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The page is fixed now.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The page makes it seem like warpaint is going to be replacing weapon drops. That can't be right, can it?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Baron von Eevl posted:

The page makes it seem like warpaint is going to be replacing weapon drops. That can't be right, can it?
Just for the campaign, not in general no.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

In the old campaigns whenever you finished a contract you got a weapon skin or campaign-specific crate. The new system replaces those old drops with warpaint 'vouchers' of various rarities.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!
anyone wanna do a highlander reunion or some poo poo

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

This sounds a lot more appealing than the other contract thing. More like you’re earning a cool thing, less like you’re earning a spin of the “Maybe Get a Cool Thing!” wheel.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Orzo posted:

anyone wanna do a highlander reunion or some poo poo

ya

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Being able to pick what weapon gets painted is a nice change. I might actually give this campaign a shot, it sounds more player friendly than previous ones that got kinda lame after a little while.

That yeti Heavy is pretty good too

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oh my God, I might actually play this game again maybe possibly.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Baron von Eevl posted:

The Day 2 page has been subtly updated to reflect that War Paint is only replacing campaign weapon drops and weapon cases.

They also added a little easter egg to the page while they were at it. Mouseover the parrot.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Pyro's new flame thrower looks like a big cannon thing.. are we gonna get a blood style napalm launcher or something akin to killing floor's husk gun for pyro, since the flame thrower won't have the range if you're up in the air more?.. maybe.. I like the idea of a main weapon having a fire projectile and maybe some sort of AOE fire like the scorch shot but maybe that would be kinda OP..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Return of the Pyro's useless Napalm Launcher from TFC that looked exactly like the soldier's RL, you say?

• Locked thread