Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

You should buy one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
alright op.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The best games of 2014 are WiiU exclusive

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i watched too many nintendo directs and i bought a wii u before it was cool cuz reggie hypnotized me

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

elf help book posted:

i watched too many nintendo directs and i bought a wii u before it was cool cuz reggie hypnotized me

same

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
A bought a WiiU day one, and have enjoyed it since, alone or with friends. Nintendo FTW

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i seriously need a new hard drive for all these good wii u games

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I bought one like a month before Monster Hunter 3U came out and it was extremely worth it. Now that various GOTYs have been released it is more so.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I thought the Wii U was going to be a big box of fail aids, but I bought the windwaker bundle last year, and hell. It's great. I had to suffer through my friend making fun of me for 6 solid months for it, but now they also own one. Who's laughing now?

inexpensive meal
Jan 29, 2012

toot toot
Yeah its pretty good.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I always knew I would buy one for bayonetta, just glad there are enough games that are good to make it worthwhile.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It's loving awesome.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Game Year 2016 (GY2016): the console wars are over. the wii u is the sole survivor

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

I agree with OP.

The WiiU is a great console with great value, especially if you have family or friends to play games with.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Buy the Nintendo 3ds System for extra fun, too. Dont miss out on this stuff if you like to game.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
This is a great thread. Just like the Nintendo Wii U.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I'll get one eventually, the lure of Bayonetta 2 is just too much to resist. No idea where I'll put it though.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
put it wherever you want, tablet supremacy

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

I'll pick it up if the new Zelda is any good or if there's a new bundle.

I wish nintendo would just release a gimmick free console

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I always knew I would buy one for bayonetta, just glad there are enough games that are good to make it worthwhile.

seemed to take a while to happen, but yeah wii u is actually my favorite for content at the moment

I hate how many loving peripherals it has though and they all have different plugs gently caress

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

KaptainKrunk posted:

I'll pick it up if the new Zelda is any good or if there's a new bundle.

I wish nintendo would just release a gimmick free console

The Wii U pad is rad as poo poo and a good gimmick.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

chumbler posted:

as long as you don't have to actually use it as a hold-in-your-hands controller imo, just a biiiit too heavy for that (that or i have lame girly wrists, either or)

great for like maps, ui, etc though!

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Silver Striker posted:

You should buy one.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

chumbler posted:

it's just an oversized second DS screen.

I still want them to patch out the need for the tablet to be on when you start up the console or want to select games/menus. They should give the pro controller the same function so the system isn't tethered to the tablet and needs two separate outlets. I mean it's just as annoying as the Wii being unable to use the menus or to start a game without the wiimote despite the game needing the controller or the gamecube controller.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

taint reaped again!!!!!

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
You'd think after so many years a hot new company would show up and school the old dinosaur. Several of them have in terms of market share, but none in constantly good games.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gimbal lock posted:

You'd think after so many years a hot new company would show up and school the old dinosaur. Several of them have in terms of market share, but none in constantly good games.
It took 3 years for the Wii-U to have a somewhat consistant stream of games.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

It took 3 years for the Wii-U to have a somewhat consistant stream of games.

hm, yes, 3 years after its launch in august of 2011

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
How long do you think it'll take for the xbone or PS4 to get going, because they have less than where the Wii U was standing this far in. Y'know, considering they came out actually more like half a year after.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Gimbal lock posted:

How long do you think it'll take for the xbone or PS4 to get going, because they have less than where the Wii U was standing this far in

Probably still quite a while. PS4 will probably start to pick up around Summer next year. I don't know if the xbone ever will, to be honest.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

hm, yes, 3 years after its launch in august of 2011

I'm counting 2015 already. Most of the poo poo is up for preorder.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm counting 2015 already. Most of the poo poo is up for preorder.

What you said is stupid and you know it. Just say "I meant to press 2 and made a typo."

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

What you said is stupid and you know it. Just say "I meant to press 2 and made a typo."

No, considering that loving Compile Heart of all companies is taking pre-orders for garbage being released towards 2016 already. You can count what's coming up in January to April.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

No, considering that loving Compile Heart of all companies is taking pre-orders for garbage being released towards 2016 already. You can count what's coming up in January to April,

Which is still not 3 years, or even 2.5, after the launch of the Nintendo Wii U Home Entertainment Console.

And has also not happened yet, regardless, so using the past tense is dumb.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Which is still not 3 years, or even 2.5, after the launch of the Nintendo Wii U Home Entertainment Console.

And has also not happened yet, regardless, so using the past tense is dumb.

Whatever

They still need to pimp whatever else is coming for the system because you have announced releases you can count on a single hand. There's like nothing coming in the first three months of 2015, even counting exclusives.

I mean if Compile Heart can announce their gay rear end magic elf game, Nintendo could have more stuff out for their own proper magical elf game.

Lord help them if Zelda Wii-U comes with a special edition only at NYC though, it costs me 40+ bucks in tolls and they just upped the mass transit fare again.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 26, 2014

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Whatever

They still need to pimp whatever else is coming for the system because you have announced releases you can count on a single hand. There's like nothing coming in the first three months of 2015, even counting exclusives.

I mean if Compile Heart can announce their gay rear end magic elf game, Nintendo could have more stuff out for their own proper magical elf game.

Lord help them if Zelda Wii-U comes with a special edition only at NYC though, it costs me 40+ bucks in tolls and they just upped the mass transit fare again.

I don't know what Compile Heart is.

Also I don't understand why they only have their Nintendo World store in NYC when their HQ is in the Seattle area. You think they'd at least have one here too.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I don't know what Compile Heart is.

Also I don't understand why they only have their Nintendo World store in NYC when their HQ is in the Seattle area. You think they'd at least have one here too.

East Coast really does not have a ton of presence with big deal videogame guys outside of Rockstar and the satellite offices of major companies.

Yeah it is weird that the Nintendo World Store is located only there, but IIRC it was a Pokémon center before it became the Nintendo store.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
What are people going to do about Nintendo not making GBS threads out a game every couple of months? Go buy games on the other consoles instead? There's a bit of a problem with that.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Gimbal lock posted:

How long do you think it'll take for the xbone or PS4 to get going, because they have less than where the Wii U was standing this far in. Y'know, considering they came out actually more like half a year after.

They have until next holiday season to really get people to start buying the consoles.

Wii U is pretty much relegated to Gamecube 2.0 but that isn't necessarily a bad thing (except that the Gamecube was powerful relative to its competition)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Looper posted:

put it wherever you want, tablet supremacy

expand on that a little? where to put a console is seriously one of the biggest things i feel like i need to deal with when i buy another one, i hate having one taking up space on my desk.

• Locked thread