Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Bobnumerotres posted:

the name was a mistake and everything but i mean it came out two loving years ago i think we can stop talking about that. this isnt games

I should have known what people would do with that post
:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

same reason the zelda cycle comes up: everyone really hates eachother there

i'm sad for them

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

codenameFANGIO posted:

I should have known what people would do with that post
:negative:

im sorry friends i ddint know the troubled history :(

ill make it up to you somehow, game bless

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Please keep this thread clean. Do not post about Games here.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
The Wii U is great. We should talk about how great the Wii U is.

Bayonetta 1 and 2 is fun. :)

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Mercury Crusader posted:

The Wii U is great. We should talk about how great the Wii U is.

Bayonetta 1 and 2 is fun. :)

they're

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Bayonetta 2 is extremely win. I would be happier if it ran at a constant 60fps but I care more about how fun the game is than what fps it runs at (assuming it doesn't drop into embarrassingly low fps with frequency).

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i bought the wiiu when it was still 300 dollars with that not-wii sports game which is fun as hell.

a few months later, monster hunter 3u came out, and that has gotten about 200 hours in it. combined with the other poo poo and legally experiencing earthbound ive made every dollar back in hours of fun. and now its 200 for a refurb. what are you waiting for. buy a wiiu

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Bobnumerotres posted:

i bought the wiiu when it was still 300 dollars with that not-wii sports game which is fun as hell.

a few months later, monster hunter 3u came out, and that has gotten about 200 hours in it. combined with the other poo poo and legally experiencing earthbound ive made every dollar back in hours of fun. and now its 200 for a refurb. what are you waiting for. buy a wiiu

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Though I own one, I'm still apathetic about the system in general until absolute release dates for Xenoblade Chronicles X and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem are announced. It's why I bought the system in the first place.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
buy systems for games that exist

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

elf help book posted:

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Slur posted:

Though I own one, I'm still apathetic about the system in general until absolute release dates for Xenoblade Chronicles X and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem are announced. It's why I bought the system in the first place.

Both of those games are going to be epic when they finally come out, but as others said you should buy a system for games that are already out.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Buy games for systems that exist

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Buy DLC for games you own

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

crazkylo posted:

but I have enough for the dlc but not the game right now and I know I'll get the game eventually

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

crazkylo posted:

I knew a guy who would buy DLC for games he rented. I never understood it.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Its good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Slur posted:

i hope youre going to enjoy the poo poo out of smash U because everything about SMTxFE reeks of cancelled

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Smt v fire emblem was a weird idea tbh and I'm not sure it woulda worked

Dynasty waeriors SMT on.tge other hand

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also, looking at previews of xenoblade, it looks insanely slow. the dude was taking like two-three whole minutes to kill lv. 1 enemies. was xeno on the wii that slow?

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!

ForeverSmug posted:

Smt v fire emblem was a weird idea tbh and I'm not sure it woulda worked

Dynasty waeriors SMT on.tge other hand

It's an odd combo, but Devil survivor was a tactics game just like FE.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Isn't it bad to charge a battery when it's only halfway drained, or to leave it plugged in constantly, like doesn't that kill the life. I always thought that but now I suspect I've been fooled by one of those bits of misinformation that old people erroneously believe about technology.

Also should I get Monster Hunter, I just saw it's $20 on Amazon. I liked the Wii one but I just stopped playing it after a few weeks and I don't remember why.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

Isn't it bad to charge a battery when it's only halfway drained, or to leave it plugged in constantly, like doesn't that kill the life. I always thought that but after reading everyone talking about how they just leave their gamepad on the charging station I suspect I've been fooled by one of those bits of misinformation that old people erroneously believe about technology.

Also should I get Monster Hunter, I just saw it's $20 on Amazon. I liked the Wii one but I just stopped playing it after a few weeks and I don't remember why.

Depends on the battery type. Modern batteries it generally doesn't matter on

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

Isn't it bad to charge a battery when it's only halfway drained, or to leave it plugged in constantly, like doesn't that kill the life. I always thought that but now I suspect I've been fooled by one of those bits of misinformation that old people erroneously believe about technology.

the wii one is a demo compared to how much content there is in 3U and theres probably another 6 months or so before we get 4U (:negative:) so i say go for it. especially if its 20 dollars

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

also, looking at previews of xenoblade, it looks insanely slow. the dude was taking like two-three whole minutes to kill lv. 1 enemies. was xeno on the wii that slow?

i have a bad feeling xenoblade 2 is going to double down on the bullshit the first one had rather than fix any of it, as you say the enemies looks needlessly bullet spongy and they've kept the same field item system which made you hunt for bullshit like fossil monkey and ice cabbage for hours. Also the character designs look alot more like xenosaga than xenoblade which is just a terrible idea

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

A Steampunk Gent posted:

i have a bad feeling xenoblade 2 is going to double down on the bullshit the first one had rather than fix any of it, as you say the enemies looks needlessly bullet spongy and they've kept the same field item system which made you hunt for bullshit like fossil monkey and ice cabbage for hours. Also the character designs look alot more like xenosaga than xenoblade which is just a terrible idea

thats the feeling i was getting from previews. it's slated for like, late 2015 so a lot may change but it's not looking good so far. it needs to feel less like a single-player MMO not more

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Xenoblade got rid of a lot of JRPG clichés but the flaws it had were pretty bad. The fetch quests were some of the worst in a game I've played, and battles could have taken a much shorter time (sheathing weapons took longer than necessary). I'll still play Xenoblade Chronicles X regardless but I hope to see some of that pointless time mitigated.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Fetch quests we're optional (the best kind)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

playing games is optional. If I'm going to buy and play a game i'd rather half of it isn't tedious bullshit even if it's not mandatory

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The fetch quests take place while you're doing other stuff though. So as long as you're playing the game your also.doing quests.

Are you brain damaged

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

A Steampunk Gent posted:

playing games is optional. If I'm going to buy and play a game i'd rather half of it isn't tedious bullshit even if it's not mandatory

I don't really get what point you're trying to make because Xenoblade is still a really long game even if you ignore all the optional stuff. If a game has fun stuff then you should play it, you don't have to be mad that some optional parts are bad.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Silver Striker posted:

I don't really get what point you're trying to make because Xenoblade is still a really long game even if you ignore all the optional stuff. If a game has fun stuff then you should play it, you don't have to be mad that some optional parts are bad.

but the optional parts could be good and not bullshit

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

They could also not exist at all. This is a stupid argument. You're free to do as much of the optional content as you want.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Silver Striker posted:

Bobnumerotres posted:

Yeah it's still a good game but i don't see the harm in acknowledging some of it was bullshit, especially with character progression being locked behind some of the worst stuff too as well as some of the actually good quests like Tragic Decision noppon helicopter battle

Silver Striker posted:

They could also not exist at all. This is a stupid argument. You're free to do as much of the optional content as you want.

ah come on man, the game's feelings are gonna be hurt by acknowledging it could do some things better. i'd rather play a game where all of it is good rather than feeling i'm missing out on some good and worthwhile content because i don't want to wade through loads of grindy bullshit first

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 31, 2014

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tender Bender posted:

with commercial lithium ions, it doesn't matter because literally everything you do to it is strictly speaking not ideal

use it too much? that's a paddlin'.

use it too little? that's a paddlin'.

keep it plugged in? that's a paddlin'.

let it discharge fully? that's a paddlin'.

the ideal usage for a commercial Li-ions is to use it a moderate amount (which is basically defined as no more than 2 overall discharges in a week but no less than half a discharge) and to plug it in at about 10-20% remaining charge, recharge it to 100%, and disconnect it - through a hardware switch ideally - from power the instant it hits 100%. literally everything else is non-ideal in pretty much equal measure.

in other words, just loving use it however you're going to use it, unless you are the biggest goon this side of goontown you don't have enough hours in the day to loving babysit your goddamn batteries like this.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

A Steampunk Gent posted:

ah come on man, the game's feelings are gonna be hurt by acknowledging it could do some things better. i'd rather play a game where all of it is good rather than feeling i'm missing out on some good and worthwhile content because i don't want to wade through loads of grindy bullshit first

I can't even tell what the gently caress you're trying to say anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Silver Striker posted:

I can't even tell what the gently caress you're trying to say anymore.

some of the sidequests are pretty good and some have characters talent trees tied to them, others are boring and make you farm for rare drops or try and work with the game's lovely half baked radiant AI system to find people who only have their quests active for a few hours day, most of the former are locked behind the latter. xenoblade 2 would be a better game if it dropped these bad and unnecessary elements and i'd have more fun being able to play the whole game rather than ignoring good sections of it because they're so badly designed. hope that clears things up!

• Locked thread