Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

smashpro1 posted:

Anyone else it would take the wife to her alternate reality, and leave Stan stuck in that one?

Who are you, Peter Petrelli?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

I loved the Morning Mimosas section, although it kinda fell a bit flat at the end when it all just descended into chaos. Were Roger and Hayley doing anything this week? I can't remember.

Not really.

This season's B plots have all been terrible aside from the one where Roger learns the guitar (which might have been last season and also the A plot)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

The hardest I ever laughed at Cleveland Show was the gas leak/dumb giggling joke. That particular gag stood out to me.

The King of the Hill joke made me laugh my rear end off since it was so unexpected.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

DarklyDreaming posted:

It was the one where Francine became a realtor and Steve tried to film and sell bumfights to pay for a Playstation.

Isn't this like the second episode or something?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

also anyone else find it kinda weird that we haven't gotten an announcement for when the next season is set to premiere yet?

They said 2016 I believe; which is weird since the backlog has to be approaching something like 30 episodes at this point.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

That Saturday morning cartoon one was the worst.

That one had its moments; the nature documentary and the different animation style ones were far worse.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mister Kingdom posted:

:siren: SEASON 13 PREMIERE 1/25/16 @ 8:30pm EST :siren:

The episode is entitled "Roots" but I haven't found a synopsis yet.

The synopsis is that the episode was poo poo.

Seriously, one of the weakest episodes so far.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

My Q-Face posted:

I thought the show had enough pre-written material for at least another full season?

The show has a backlog of like two dozen episodes already done if I remember right.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
My master thought I needed another sex hole :stonklol:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

cheerfullydrab posted:

I can't be the only person who loves this show but absolutely hates Steve's singing, right? I muted all the Steve parts of this episode.

Steve's singing is one of the best parts of American Dad's musical numbers. :psyduck:

Really I'd only put Scott Grimes as second to the MacFarlanes in vocal talent.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

TheRationalRedditor posted:

What? Grimes is way, way better with his R&B range than MacFarlane's wannabe crooner schtick. His sister is closer to a talent match though, haha

Grimes is amazing at his R&B work but MacFarlane has been nominated for 4 Grammys and won an Emmy for his music talents. I really wouldn't discount him just because he emulates Sinatra.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
For those who missed it:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

It's a good episode, but I never understood recommending 'special' episodes to people to get them into a show. They're a treat for fans, but don't do a lot to show how the show usually is.

I love Tearjerker too, but I wouldn't introduce someone to the show with it.

Counterpoint: Hot Water is great.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, I'm REALLY glad they switched voice actors. It's funny because that's basically the only major change between the pilot and the first episode, I guess the network executives hated that voice too.

Steve's design is different as well, he looks more sicky.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

dovetaile posted:

I just checked Netflix and it says AD's available on DVD only?

Outside the US I believe Netflix still has all the seasons/episodes.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Okay, now this is the best open for this show on TBS.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

That was great, but they did almost the identical joke earlier in the season but I can't remember the exact scenario, Roger was training Hailey for something to beat the grand champion of whatever it was and right before she faced him she said "It's Roger isn't it" and just walked away.

He played some kid who was champion of bumper pool.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Bob's Burgers is in The Sports Death Slot, basically. Either they get bumped off because of games running late or preempted because of an 8 pm game needs 30 minutes of commentary beforehand. Same thing happened with Futurama.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ProjektorBoy posted:

Jumped off the American Dad train after it went to TBS because it felt like that 1st TBS season was trying too hard, and the show basically had run out of gas.

Jumped back in to the current season out of boredom. I was wrong. Show still owns.

1st TBS season was originally a Fox season. It took them until midway through the second until they burned through the episodes they had in the can if I remember right.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
That ad, wow.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nichael posted:

His character design was really weird. Wasn't he also similar to the rarely used principal on Family Guy?

Not really?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm glad Tuttle is getting some more screentime but man they've been leaning on him a bit this season.

Losing Mike Barker sort of removes a lot of the Terry/Greg interactions and American Dad doesn't have a large dedicated backcatalog of characters. Outside of the family and Steve's friends I think the most used characters were Lewis, Bullock and Greg/Terry. After that you're digging into Reginald territory.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I was watching the earlier seasons and it's just surreal how much more of an rear end in a top hat Stan is compared to later seasons.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Anybody notice that Hulu's stream of AD is a bit, uh, weird? It's like they grabbed it from Adult Swim cause half the time one of the stereo channels doesn't seem to be sent (you'll notice this with offscreen gags a bunch, if you have CC on you'll see the lines but you won't hear the audio)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

I also don't see how any of that relates to adult swim.

It was a rather annoying issue that they had with their rebroadcasts for quite a while.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Which episodes do you avoid watching again if they come up?

For me I think it's the Thanksgiving one with Stan's half brother, I just remember it being particularly awful. Plus the requisite American Fung.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

I do not remember that song at all. I do remember Stan's dancing when he was controlling that SMG robot for Steve's dance.

It was from the Krampus episode that got delayed a year because of Sandy Hook.

edit: hah, this was the side link to that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrv8mDjrb0o

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jun 14, 2018

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
What is their hard on for involving Tuttle this season? I swear he’s been in at least half the episodes

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The lack of Terry makes all of the Greg plot lines very sad.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

Yo I’m watching Season 2 and good LORD this Log Cabins Republicans episode has aged terribly

the first couple seasons are just rough, Stan is an huge rear end in a top hat in ways that aren't really funny like later seasons

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
YOU ARE MY QUEEN, REBECCA
is the single greatest one scene character line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe