Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I think that was all her. Stan was more concerned with his gorilla surgeries. Presumably he actually wanted her to get turned into a monkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Ravenson posted:

Actually yeah, that one is probably one of the worst in my opinion. I don't know that I dislike it though, just I never feel enthusiastic about it.

It's just kind of weirdly fawning and too serious about a real band. If it had been a fake, parody band I think the episode works. But as it is, there's that crazy long music sequence with basically no jokes in it, just weird visuals and the non-joke about Stan missing the robbery. And so much time is wasted on montages and sets, like Francine getting him into the show or getting Haley out. There's a couple of working jokes in it, I remember most of Roger's bits being good. But there's so much unfunny stuff packed around it.

A rare miss. At least American Fung has the bits with the talent show and Stan's escape attempt.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Also, I think, that if they hadn't gotten the surprise renewal they were ready for that to be their for real end to the series.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Nichael posted:

The show has basically done the opposite of "Flanderization" for its characters.

Yeah they did a kind of nice thing with Hailey's phases. After being frozen as a generic hippie joke she moved on to the fun slacker stage of her trying to stay in college for as long as possible. Then the move to Sub Hub opened up some fun stuff.