Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

twistedmentat posted:

That's a good episode, but Ricky Spanish is by far the best episode they have ever done.

I can't decide between this and Adventures in Hayleysitting. That episode makes me laugh with almost every line. "You're doing great!" "That drunk prostitute isn't wearing her seatbeat!" "HEEY-" *looks down at her shoulder* "eeeey~..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

The Piper posted:

Yeah, pretty weak. Insane Principal Lewis is getting stale. That said, I did laugh out loud at "I don't need a weapon. I had the clams" :barf:

This season's actually been pretty hilarious, if only for certain gags in each episode. I'm surprised there isn't a gif or webm of that robber in Roots tripping on the tree root. Jesus christ I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Carlosologist posted:

oh god, I forgot about that and I can't control my laughter. christ the animation on that was insane

No show does head explosions quite as hilariously as AD.

And now I'm remembering that german doctor and his son-bomination.

"Despite.....THIS..."

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

"Why do my wrists hurt?!"

"'Cause you're laying on them."

"How can you hear what I'm thinking?"

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I can't remember, which episode had a man get sliced by one of those garage doors, and Klaus said something like, "Oh, that's not real?" And then there's the man's wife who's like "Honey, get up, the talking fish says it's not real!"

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

On a related note I've just finished rewatching the series, and I'm still unsure what episode has Stan waking up and yelling "FRANCINE! SEAGULLS! This time they could drive..."

I didn't make this up, right?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I'd like to request an avatar-sized gif of the JFK-bowling pin video.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

So I still can't figure out what the joke was when the cop pulled Steve over in "Adventures in Hayleysitting".

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"
"Probably because I prefer the feel of a real newspaper."

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I guess that makes more sense than mine, I thought it was supposed to be some kind of police brutality joke

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Mans posted:

It's probably my favorite American Dad thing by far. How Roger goes from a serious to a sorta nostalgic and understanding face is incredible.

I AM INCREDIBLY FOCUSED RIGHT NOW. *firing assault rifle at coke dealers while shooting the ceiling with shotgun in other hand*

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That whole coked up shoot out was amazing: https://youtu.be/85NWi8rIZ60

I love the whole "my spells defeated the death eaters" thing and you see all the bloody corpses splayed around the room.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Party Plane Jones posted:

It was from the Krampus episode that got delayed a year because of Sandy Hook.

The part with the knife hitting a wall and the wall turning out to be a sentient being always makes me cry with laughter

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Der Shovel posted:

I've been rewatching all of the show again, and got to the bowling episode yesterday. I wish I could find video of the Challenger disaster strike animation, because it became perfection when after a bowling pin space shuttle explodes in a shower of tiny pins, the video cuts to the control room where a bowling pin flight controller is staring on in horror.

But this will just have to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1CweaKu0SE&t=147s

E: hey I found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljyWCSSQujM&t=195s

How is this show so good?!

Thank you, I've been looking for this and the JFK one for a long time. I was expecting a 9/11 one at some point but they might not have wanted to risk it.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

bull3964 posted:

Yeah, Linda has been around as recently as last season. She was seen at Tuttle's Eclipse party in "Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted".

I thought it was an eclair party!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Make way for Klaus!

I don't want Klaus.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Plant MONSTER. posted:

It's weird that this episode was divisive. I was grinning like an idiot during the whole thing, practically.

Yeah, I really enjoyed this and the last episode. Roger presenting his replacements for the adventure was an amazing bit and I'm surprised they never did it before.

Davros1 posted:

The shot of Francine pushing Klaus back into the bedroom in her foot was great.

Dr Glasses!

Francine continues to be the best character.

"What's your wildest dream?"

"Going to the moon, realizing it's really small and then throwing it like a baseball."

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

Bingo, and yeah, Next of Pin is probably in my top five favorite TBS-era episodes. So many great moments, like the "Acting weird? How?" "STABBING ME comes to mind!" exchange.

I always enjoy the national tragedies re-imagined as bowling pins and the bit at the end. "Whose kid is this? Who would let their kid see this?"

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

The rest of season 14 and half of season 15 are now on Hulu for the US.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

qirex posted:

Re-watched Eight Fires as soon as I saw they were there.

Eight Fires came at the end of a chain of pretty funny episodes, but nothing in this show had me tear up from laughter like the first time I watched how Stan got the nail in his head. The delivery of his line right before it, how smoothly the nail goes in, his stare...

Unmature posted:

Thanks for mentioning this, I somehow missed a few. Never seen this giant Rogu ep before

This is my last resort!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Unmature posted:

Don’t give a hoot if I cut my arm bleeding!

Car go into tunnel...

I'm mixed on Tuttle being in every other episode, but he's got some really good moments. Also a fan of the mallwalking monologue he gives and when he's talking to the potato on Sad Fatso.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

They've been using Tuttle a lot lately, but every time they do it's hilarious so I'm cool with it.

"I'm Tuttle! That's my secret shame!"

I like how often they crap on Tuttle, he's like a human Klaus.

"She hired Tuttle back? How could she do this to you?"

"She's gone absolutely insane!"

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Terror Sweat posted:

The writers fall in love with a side character, write a bunch of episodes with em, then basically ignores em for seasons at a time. Classic American dad

I miss Greg/Terry.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

They were great

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 16, 2020

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

3. No Weddings and a Funeral

"I got hepatitis c from a plum at the 99 cent store" pops into my head a lot for some reason.

Also "Was that a snuff film?"

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Steve, have you never seen me smoke a cigar before? Oh, you're in for a treat.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Brawnfire posted:

Francine does strip in her Saudia Arabia song, but that was more musical theatre than stripping, and she strips in the West To Mexico episode

She talks about being a stripper through implication during a rant but I can't remember where. All I remember is "throwing out ones and then picking them up again, like I don't have peripheral vision!"

Plus Steve's dream.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

limp_cheese posted:

It also shows the shrink getting eaten by an escalator and my god is this show unbelievable with its gore.

That escalator's seen a lot of death over the show's run. The dictator from Isla Island, Steve's cobbler, Dr. Ray...

Oh Snapple! posted:

I still think about how easily the nail sinks in

First time I saw that scene, I had to pause because I was laughing too hard. It skeeved me out but the abruptness and smoothness of it caught me off guard.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Then the first episode at TBS was the episode where Hayley dyes her hair blonde to get people to care about the environment, so it came in with a whimper too.

I generally love how AD! handles death scenes, but Hayley and Francine killing the guard with a dance off was probably in my top five.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 10, 2021

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Brawnfire posted:

The boy seeks to outlive you!

Steve, is this true?

W-well the natural order of things being as it is--

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Stan-feratu.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

limp_cheese posted:

It gave us Sweeps so I'm willing to look the other way.

Give me your belt *ignores belt and walks into the other room* SWEEPS IS DEAD

But I still have my belt.

Oh, give it to me. *throws it into the room* SWEEPS IS DEAD.

Plus when the Stan stand-in came in, Stan pointed a gun right at him and he immediately u-turns without changing demeanor.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Speaking of poorly aged though, I was watching Stan's Night Out today and the jokes about the trans prostitute are...eh. Also, while trying to find out her name and the name of the CIA guy who's into her, I found out that the first girl Roger meets at the pig party was voiced by Joss Stone. :eng101:

You're not wrong, unfortunately plenty of early 00s shows are like that. HIMYM had "tranny" thrown around a few times, for instance.

Aside from that, I'd say Stan's Night Out is one of my favorite episodes, probably because it was the first one I watched. So many lines burned into my head. "Nathan! This is why you keep getting molested!" "Cheesers came back." "It's over, Biscuit", "Biscuit, coming in hot!"...

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 15, 2021

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

My favorite thing about this show is that even if you don't like an episode, there's always good lines in them.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

What were the good lines in American Fung?

I havent watched it in a while, I have a habit of skipping the last couple episodes of that season on rewatches.

However I do love the bit where Fung comes in to solve the solution of not having enough space. He points out a door that was obviously never there before, everyone starts praising him and Klaus speaks up, like he's about to point out that door never existed, but he just joins in.

YeahTubaMike posted:

"And so after three dates and a trip to the Cape with his family, I finally got the information I was looking for. His parents made us sleep in separate rooms but, heh, you know..."

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 16, 2021

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Small White Dragon posted:

What episode was this?

Faking Bad.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

What were the good lines in American Fung?

After watching it earlier;

"If you wanted to come in here, you could've just admitted yourself. You didn't have to dry-hump our mailbox."
"Yeah, you go out and get your mail and tell me if it's dry."

"This isn't the longest phone call I've ever had, and I don't intend to break that record now."

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

The_Doctor posted:

THERE’S SO MUCH CRIME IN THE DESERT

Cottage cheese!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Kwyndig posted:

No it was a labyrinth. Totally different thing, there's mazes and the puzzles are different.

You need a Groban to help explain this.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

muscles like this! posted:

"The Future is Borax" is a low key great episode.

I loved everything about the giant condor.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

limp_cheese posted:

Daren is easily one of my favorite background gags this show has done. Just constantly Mr.Beaning around the house, barely being saved from death.

Steve's complete apathy while he stops Darren from killing himself multiple times.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Her eyes said "why?"

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

muscles like this! posted:

I'm doing a rewatch from the beginning and it's kind of weird how much Roger smokes in s1.

I dreamt of Paris today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Vakal posted:

It wasn't until much later in the series, but on rewatching it I think the introduction of Dr. Kalgary may be my favorite scene of the entire series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZg-31EoI3k&t=46s

I always forget about his fake voice.

That episode has my favorite bit, the kidnapper tripping over a root.