Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

The forums are blowing up over the new cars.

These cars were meant to be released in march.

1 is worse than the timbre coupe, but costs exactly the same to craft (well the timbre uses handmade yellow dye, the new car uses cash only store bought white dye LOOOOL)

It has no trunk.

If you want storage (ie a loving trunk) shell out for the cash only upgrade ticket.

The other car seems to be behind a $200 paywall pack

And the 3rd? seems to be in an RNG crate (keeping in mind not so long ago there was a crate that was meant to drop a costume that had close to 10k boxes opened by people and youtubed, with 0 costumes actually dropping. no word at all from trion on that one yet)

All cars have their max speed capped at 24.7ms (which will only ever be reached going downhill, which means there are some mounts in the game with a few boosts/dashes that will catch you and kill you on straights, and over take you/kill you on uphills)

3.5 goes live real soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i'm pretty sure i'm just going to have 10 bots going next fresh start and rmt all that cash out

the only thing this game is good for is irl revenue.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I havent updated, but my god is the forums comedy gold.

There are some sort of skills or some poo poo that you have to grind to level.

But dying makes them delevel at some astronomical value.

Like being lvl 6 and going back to lvl 2 upon death. This of course wasnt discovered in the 4 entire days they had of testing because everyone started at max lvl 7.

The car fiasco was solved. Apparently XL told trion there was no way the NA version could be like the russian and korean versions and have the timbre coupe be the upgrade path for the new car.
It 100% was not trion that put it in the $150 pack, nope, no sir. XL games

At least people can log in ( i think)

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
There was another server merge

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

PCOS Bill posted:

There was another server merge

I came to see who posted in here, then saw you were probated, then expected it was just for posting in this thread.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
4.0 fresh start when?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bait and Swatch posted:

I came to see who posted in here, then saw you were probated, then expected it was just for posting in this thread.

lol, I had to go check the Leper's Colony when I saw your post. The upside to not being a literal shut in who spends 20 hours a day on SA is you don't even notice a couple 6 hours from a fat loser IK

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

4.0 fresh start when?

They've said 4.0 by the end of the year, so probably December like 3.0 was.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

They've said 4.0 by the end of the year, so probably December like 3.0 was.

yeah but they haven't confirmed fresh start servers iirc

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

yeah but they haven't confirmed fresh start servers iirc

Not confirmed in writing, but they definitely have talked about fresh start in streams. They just put all that talk off while the evolution stuff was going on. I'd be pretty surprised if it doesn't happen.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im waiting for fresh start 7.0

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

someone pm me when i can host my own server tia

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I quit again well before the recent merge, but holy moly the forums are always gold.

Ah was meant to close at a certain time and day. (It didnt)

There was talk of the servers going offline for a month. People (rightly as far as im concerned) were constantly asking for details, you know, like a time.

Muzzy posts the details 19 loving hours before they are coming down.

hours

before like 6 servers or something are deleted.

He was legit offended when people called him out on this. (asking why he didnt pre write the details before going to pax)

His response? Well i always knew WHEN i was going to post, just didnt know WHAT i was going to post.

Thats right, he let slip that no one at trion knew what was going to happen until about 24 hours before everything was going down.

Also korea has abandoned the idea of server merges after all of their merges turned out to be failures too. (and i think they have no more plans for any fresh start servers as those kill legacy servers and then people just up and quit rather than hanging on)

I still read the forums when ive got nothing to do on a break at work. It's amazing. Seriously, the only people still playing this are the people that have the fortitude to log in 10+ accounts every loving day.

As for your own server, there is a russian pirate server up that i think still hasnt been taken down.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Bait and Swatch posted:

Hey Swatch! What are you playing nowadays?

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

dominoeffect posted:

I started missing archeage and didn't want to go back to Trion. I found out about this server: https://www.archerage.to. It's hosted in Europe ran by Russians, I'm having a lot of fun so far. (Forgive me if this has been posted before)

You might be happy to know these people just released an NA version hosted in I believe Quebec.

The website is: https://na.archerage.to/

Personally, I think it's going to get shut down quickly. Interested to hear others thoughts on it.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Severing posted:

You might be happy to know these people just released an NA version hosted in I believe Quebec.

Personally, I think it's going to get shut down quickly. Interested to hear others thoughts on it.

I downloaded the client and made a new character. Runs pretty well and the staff doesn't seem like they're a bunch of morons but the server running in North America doesn't give me any confidence for sure. Not gonna get invested until the server has been up for a couple weeks or possibly months.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Severing posted:

I’m playing on the NA version and I played since I made that post on the RU version. Both are awesome and I’m glad to have a good ping server for NA. The staff has already commented about the potential of shut down and backup plans which gives me peace of mind. FWIW the EU version is hosted in France and not in the bowels of Russia which as far as I understand copyright laws, means that it is under pretty strict rules being in France, yet there haven’t been any problems. In any case gently caress Trion.

If you want to give the bird to Trion come play here. Land still available, responsible staff, leveling is easy due to increased rates. Cash shop is there but not as bad, everyone has patron, and you can get everything you need from cash shop with $20 bucks.

Yea the server could be shut down but I’ve played countless wow private servers over the past years and you just gotta roll with it and have fun IMHO. And this beginning stage of Archeage is very fun. I’m on west under Nope if you join.

dominoeffect fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 23, 2017

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

dominoeffect posted:

I’m playing on the NA version and I played since I made that post on the RU version. Both are awesome and I’m glad to have a good ping server for NA. The staff has already commented about the potential of shut down and backup plans which gives me peace of mind. FWIW the EU version is hosted in France and not in the bowels of Russia which as far as I understand copyright laws, means that it is under pretty strict rules being in France, yet there haven’t been any problems. In any case gently caress Trion.

If you want to give the bird to Trion come play here. Land still available, responsible staff, leveling is easy due to increased rates. Cash shop is there but not as bad, everyone has patron, and you can get everything you need from cash shop with $20 bucks.

Yea the server could be shut down but I’ve played countless wow private servers over the past years and you just gotta roll with it and have fun IMHO. And this beginning stage of Archeage is very fun. I’m on west under Nope if you join.

I too jumped on the NA and it's pretty stable, still running. Good times I get to give the finger to Trion.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I read the trion forums during my breaks at work.

From what i gather, the most recent live stream completely ignored giving any information about the 4.0 patch (which is even worse than the 3.0 patch) which is due december.

If you didnt read about the halloween event you are seriously missing out.

The event has you killing mobs in order to get the rewards.

There is an NPC that spawns said mobs

Said NPC is targetable.

And Killable

And only a normal lvl 50 mob.

So nobody was able to do the events because people were killing the spawner before it could spawn the mobs.

Trion is looking in to it so dont worry.

It would be weird to play AA under competent management. Oh and the FS servers will become legacy with 4.0. And yes New Fresh start servers are going ahead in the NA version. Apparently XL sees FS servers as part of the problem and no longer will be doing them, but also said for trion to do them, because apparently they work so well?????

I seriously cant explain why people keep given trion money for this game. Its like the nigerian email scam.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Meskhenet posted:

From what i gather, the most recent live stream completely ignored giving any information about the 4.0 patch (which is even worse than the 3.0 patch) which is due december.

Said NPC is targetable.

And Killable

So nobody was able to do the events because people were killing the spawner before it could spawn the mobs.

It would be weird to play AA under competent management. Oh and the FS servers will become legacy with 4.0. And yes New Fresh start servers are going ahead in the NA version. Apparently XL sees FS servers as part of the problem and no longer will be doing them, but also said for trion to do them, because apparently they work so well?????

I seriously cant explain why people keep given trion money for this game. Its like the nigerian email scam.

The only thing more amazing than people giving trion money for this game is people giving dodgy russian private servers money for this game

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Byolante posted:

The only thing more amazing than people giving trion money for this game is people giving dodgy russian private servers money for this game

I don't see the issue. They've already got all of our information thanks to the various breaches that have happened, so what does anyone have to lose?

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Meskhenet posted:

GW2 did something similar in its first year or so and learned the same dumb obvious lesson.

Attempting to participate in the event was aids.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Meskhenet posted:

Said NPC is targetable.

And Killable

I would argue these are the best type of MMO events.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Meskhenet posted:

the trick is to lie, scam, cheat, and steal your way to success and rmt the gold out before the server dies.

(or you can blow up ship parts for fun)

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 7, 2017

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Byolante posted:

don't see any problem tbh. hope to see you on this server soon, comrade.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Kimsemus posted:

I would argue these are the best type of MMO events.

If it were done in a way that everyone could participate than sure.

These are like lag fest poo poo fights where you might spend hours trying to participate only to get nothing because of the issues. Nobody who has experienced this thinks they are the best type of anything.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I would actually be more inclined to give money to some dodgy russian than trion. There is a quantifiable justification that there is less chance the dodgy russian will screw you over

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't played this in years and can't believe people still do.

That being said I wanted to echo the notion that I'd trust some random Russian person (or any random person of any nationality really) more than Trion Worlds, serial liars, con artists and bait & switchers.

I would trust "Hello I am the prince of Nigeria" before I trusted a Trion press release.

Any cred from the launch days of Rift are long loving gone lol.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Hopefully this software I downloaded doesn't gently caress my PC for the pserver.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Don't forget the time their 3rd party anti-cheat that didn't work BSODed certain OS versions for weeks :smuggo:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

Don't forget the time their 3rd party anti-cheat that didn't work BSODed certain OS versions for weeks :smuggo:

to be fair it never worked, and caused more false positives than catches.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Fauxtool posted:

to be fair it never worked, and caused more false positives than catches.

Where were you in Albion? You could have made a fortune!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was on azenreb and I did make a fortune. Mostly from stealing trees from other hackers

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Fauxtool posted:

I was on azenreb and I did make a fortune. Mostly from stealing trees from other hackers

No in Albion Online! We all knew you made a killing in AA

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thats the mobile game looking one right, no way. Too easy to hack, i looked into it. Not storing health and buffs client side easy, but very little in the way of anticheat preventing stuff like dupes and speedhack. Its only worth doing when its hard enough to keep out the casuals. AA you had to at least compile your own version of the anticheat and then you could do almost anything without getting flagged.

Im waiting for the Dark of Camelot reboot MMO

does anyone have any of my screenshots from AA? Im trying to convince a friend it was really that bad and he doesnt believe me

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 9, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Fauxtool posted:

Thats the mobile game looking one right, no way. Too easy to hack, i looked into it. Not storing health and buffs client side easy, but very little in the way of anticheat preventing stuff like dupes and speedhack. Its only worth doing when its hard enough to keep out the casuals. AA you had to at least compile your own version of the anticheat and then you could do almost anything without getting flagged.

Im waiting for the Dark of Camelot reboot MMO

does anyone have any of my screenshots from AA? Im trying to convince a friend it was really that bad and he doesnt believe me

I'll find some, I think I have screenshots of your massive underwater forest of Aspen Trees.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

I'll find some, I think I have screenshots of your massive underwater forest of Aspen Trees.

thats the one im trying to find. The guy i stole logs from rolled a character on our side just to call me a thief. He was totally going to put a virus on my computer through knowing my characters name

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
Wait, are there a few of you actually playing this Russian hosted version? I have been waiting for a private version of this game from the day I walked away from it. It still has mechanics I haven't found since.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

crazystray posted:

Wait, are there a few of you actually playing this Russian hosted version? I have been waiting for a private version of this game from the day I walked away from it. It still has mechanics I haven't found since.

Yes I jumped on the train too. I might actually be able to bring about my Fishing Kingdom without Kimsemus around to foil my plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

There is also a NA version that is hosted in France i believe.

They are fairly well known. The official forums scrubs almost every mention of them, but even there it's pretty much:

"Why should i stick around here when i can now play somewhere else with the same stability/promise of keeping servers up?"

Only the people with loads of money invested cling to the trion version

• Locked thread