Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i asked for a reason kimsemus being kicked out of goonrathi in the star citizen thread and it went as predictably well as you might imagine from people wanting to justify wasting thousands of dollars on virtual spaceships for a game that will fail

lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eonwe posted:

i asked for a reason kimsemus being kicked out of goonrathi in the star citizen thread and it went as predictably well as you might imagine from people wanting to justify wasting thousands of dollars on virtual spaceships for a game that will fail

lol

What did they say? Was it because they'd rather play with pedophiles than with people who stir up drama about pedophiles? Because he was trying to split the guild? Because he was interrupting their space fishing?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unguided posted:

What did they say? Was it because they'd rather play with pedophiles than with people who stir up drama about pedophiles? Because he was trying to split the guild? Because he was interrupting their space fishing?

they never gave an answer

rip

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Unguided posted:

Obviously all of the above and also they're all BFM alts or some poo poo about the Goon hive mind or it was the guy from ancient aliens.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I've been seeing some AA refugees in other games I'm playing with goons lately, that's nice to see. Keep some of the group together :) One day we will make a Soviet Goonion worth a drat. For now, much like communism, its only a dream on paper.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Why do pedophiles like space games so much?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Pedophiles like Star Trek at the rate where police began to notice.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well Star Trek Voyager did have Neelix and his 3 year old girlfriend Kes but it was ok folks, she was totally an adult by alien standards so that makes it acceptable. :pedo:

I don't think any of the characters on the godawful train wreck of a show ever bought her age up as a negative with regards to the relationship :cripes:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Yeah,

So you guys know what goes on in STO right? It is contaminated badly with role players, typically men role playing as teenage girls, erotic role playing, which is the same thing basically, and a wide ranging menagerie of fragile, broken, hateful ,narcissistic, autistic, and genuinely mentally ill freak pubbies.

STO pubbies are not like other pubbies.

And there is only one thing standing against them and keeping them suppressed. That's the game, that's what we do in STO.

Send more goons.

We need YOU. And all you need to bring is bug spray or a fire extinguisher. And we'll get you set up with the fire extinguisher.

Read through the first page of the STO thread.

And send more goons.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Hey, still interested in S. 2C if available. Please mail io in game, PM or post with details including price. Thanks.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

hakimashou posted:

Yeah,

So you guys know what goes on in STO right? It is contaminated badly with role players, typically men role playing as teenage girls, erotic role playing, which is the same thing basically, and a wide ranging menagerie of fragile, broken, hateful ,narcissistic, autistic, and genuinely mentally ill freak pubbies.

STO pubbies are not like other pubbies.

And there is only one thing standing against them and keeping them suppressed. That's the game, that's what we do in STO.

Send more goons.

We need YOU. And all you need to bring is bug spray or a fire extinguisher. And we'll get you set up with the fire extinguisher.

Read through the first page of the STO thread.

And send more goons.

Don't play STO. You have all suffered through this one, go out and find a good game, not another piece of poo poo that's pretty much sinking too .

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
If you don't want subscriptions, go play gw2.

If you don't mind a monthly sub, go play ff14.

If you don't mind :downs: art style go play wow.

If you don't hate yourself, why are you playing MMOs?

That's what I learned in the wildstar thread, which is not unlike this one

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
You know if you ignore the guild drama, server politics and level 50 powergaming min/max attitude... the game isn't as horrible and people make it out to be. I like the farming and gathering mechanics, playing the AH game and the small-scale group vs. group pvp and ship-to-ship combat. Sure this game has its pain in the rear end moments (like finding land or RNG crafting) but so does every other MMO.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Morglon posted:

Don't play STO. You have all suffered through this one, go out and find a good game, not another piece of poo poo that's pretty much sinking too .

I've played STO for years.

Good games died with Rallos Zek.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

Prophecy120 posted:

You know if you ignore the guild drama, server politics and level 50 powergaming min/max attitude... the game isn't as horrible and people make it out to be. I like the farming and gathering mechanics, playing the AH game and the small-scale group vs. group pvp and ship-to-ship combat. Sure this game has its pain in the rear end moments (like finding land or RNG crafting) but so does every other MMO.

You may think you are having fun but you are wrong. I'm in the same boat.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

hakimashou posted:

I've played STO for years.

Good games died with Rallos Zek.

I don't mean you you, I mean the general you. I guess it doesn't matter anyway because the server super exploded.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Finndo posted:

You may think you are having fun but you are wrong. I'm in the same boat.

The fishing boat

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
What the hell.

Today my Trion account was banned. I have an ArcheAge founders pack but wasn't on since the alpha days, cause I lost interest in the game really early and I don't play any other Trion games. The only time I was on was yesterday to send a goon shop items worth the 11-something K which came with the founders pack.

While I wait for a response from support I would like to inquire if anyone else has experienced something like this.

Edit: Oh great, seems I can't send a ticket cause my account is banned and I can't log in.
Edit2: seems I found an email address
Edit3: I read their EULA, they probably think I'm a gold farmer or something.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 1, 2015

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Hammerstein posted:

While I wait for a response from support

Nobody tell him.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hammerstein posted:

What the hell.

Today my Trion account was banned. I have an ArcheAge founders pack but wasn't on since the alpha days, cause I lost interest in the game really early and I don't play any other Trion games. The only time I was on was yesterday to send a goon shop items worth the 11-something K which came with the founders pack.

While I wait for a response from support I would like to inquire if anyone else has experienced something like this.

Edit: Oh great, seems I can't send a ticket cause my account is banned and I can't log in.
Edit2: seems I found an email address
Edit3: I read their EULA, they probably think I'm a gold farmer or something.

not being able to contact support while being banned is one of the many mistakes they made, because in every ban wave they definitely caught people who were innocent (and missed a bunch of guilty people)

you might get a quick response just because the population is tanking, but a month after release you'd be lucky to get a response a week later

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I've been reading their forums on occasion, they've been banning people before they could even log in once on fresh accounts, they've been banning people for buying APEX and Credits from their website and all kinds of poo poo.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Before AA, Trion was the go to example of a company that runs MMOs properly, what happened?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
People got a china base company that develops and patches archeage confused with a US based company that hosts the servers, does billing, and runs customer support.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Yeah but the stuff from the last few posts reads more like things that Trion would be responsible for, right?

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Trion developed a very positive reputation due to their handling of Rift. They were very responsive to player needs during the early days of the game and earned a lot of good will because of that. Since then though, they have had a very poor track record. Games like Defiance, which had a lot of potential, have been left to wither on the vine for no apparent reason. From what I've heard Rift's cash shop is an utter mess.

Basically, Trion has been coasting on all that good will they built up during the early days of Rift. They have been a lovely MMO company for quite a while now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo i forgot about defiance

what a mess

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

CoffeeBooze posted:

Trion developed a very positive reputation due to their handling of Rift. They were very responsive to player needs during the early days of the game and earned a lot of good will because of that. Since then though, they have had a very poor track record. Games like Defiance, which had a lot of potential, have been left to wither on the vine for no apparent reason. From what I've heard Rift's cash shop is an utter mess.

Basically, Trion has been coasting on all that good will they built up during the early days of Rift. They have been a lovely MMO company for quite a while now.

Rift was a legitimately good MMO that then got trashed just as badly as this game. It's easily one of the worst on the market now after getting brutalized by the F2P model. Rest in peace Trion.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ever wonder why such a primitive setting has motorized vehicles? Turns out the horses are crazy.

"gently caress all y'all, I'm driving this poo poo now."

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Thunderbro posted:

Rift was a legitimately good MMO that then got trashed just as badly as this game. It's easily one of the worst on the market now after getting brutalized by the F2P model. Rest in peace Trion.

You aren't wrong. I was going to reload it and try out Nightmare Tide since it wasn't going to cost me anything just to dip my toes. Then I saw this: http://www.riftgame.com/en/nightmare-tide/collectors-editions/

Yes that's right, if you don't buy the $24.95 infusion edition you miss out on "2 New Equipment Slots" and the ability to even loving wear the new water gear. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure that $150 pack is the only way to get an aquatic mount too, which is also required since apparently the new zone has pockets of air/water everywhere. Or I guess you can run a lot?

Anyway point being: gently caress Trion. Anything they touch turns to poo poo if it doesn't bomb at launch anyway.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
This is probably a long shot but would anyone be interested in trading my 16x16 on the north TC coast for a coastal 16x16 in south Cinderstone or south TC?

[edit] or that tiny coastal area right on the west side of Halcy

kznlol fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 3, 2015

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

kznlol posted:

This is probably a long shot but would anyone be interested in trading my 16x16 on the north TC coast for a coastal 16x16 in south Cinderstone or south TC?

[edit] or that tiny coastal area right on the west side of Halcy

Finding an actual swap would be tough, but you should be able to buy a 16x on south Cinder for what you can get selling yours. (To get actual top dollar you'll need to be right on the water or holding a spot someone else needs to complete a 28x28 or something...) The other spots... if you get very lucky on both ends of the transaction, maybe.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

hakimashou posted:

ETA, does anyone want to buy some nice land from the original head start

Hey Menachem, log in some time and hit me up in game!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
My manor in safe territory finally burned down, RIP.

Also I finally recovered my STO account, yay.

Also, Star Citizen goons are good people, just lead by some very bad people.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Kimsemus posted:

post in the STO thread with your @name and someone will invite to the goon channel

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Kimsemus posted:

The Confederate Flag shall henceforth be known as the "White Freedom Flag".

The Civil War was a war about white freedom.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I've been meaning to sell my 4 properties for a while but that would require logging into the game. In Solzreed (area by Lacton) I have 2 large farms next to each other and an unbuilt Thatched right around the corner from them, and those 3 pieces of land are pretty prime real estate, one is right on the border of the vendor/bench area. They're all about a 20 second run from the ocean. Then I have one more property (built Thatched) in Marcala that's almost on the edge of a cliff and has a view of Diamond Shores. I poopsocked hard for these plots of land and have been reluctant to give them up, otherwise I would've stopped logging in weeks ago. Maybe somebody can buy it all off of me so I don't have to log in to pay taxes anymore. I don't want the properties to just burn, in case of the 1% chance that I return to actively play the game someday.

ruffz fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 3, 2015

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

This game to be good.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

UoI posted:

:siren: Santa has come to ArcheAge! :siren:

:siren: Santa has a date! :siren:

This thing has been rescheduled for January 10th (next Saturday) at 11:00 PM GMT. There will be two prize categories: The land winners (only for goons who have nothing more than one (1) small farm. If you have more than this please don't sign up for this you evil monster. :mad:) and fun prizes (for goons who have land. If you have more than one small farm sign up for this.) Fun prizes include, but are not limited to: APEX, Salon Certs, other funbux cash shop items, gold.
Events

Where's Waldo Find a certain person on either Nuia or Haranya. Clues of the person's location will be given every half hour. Reward: Thatched Farmhouse.

Clipper Race From the north of the map (Auroria) to the south (locations to be announced). Reward: Large Farm

Scavenger Hunt Specifics to be announced when event begins. Reward: Large Farm

Steal the Feesh! Screenshot of you behind the wheel of a fisher's fishing boat with at least two (2) fish in the hold. It should go without saying this can't be a goon boat. Reward: Five hundred (500) gold.

Fifth event is also extremely simple. Specifics to be announced at start of event. Reward: Five hundred (500) gold.

Bonus Event

Straight up Team Deathmatch. Two teams in a PvP zone will go at it. Last team standing wins. Reward to be determined.

Sign-ups

IGN: In-game name here
Prize: Land or Fun
Do you hate me because the time/date is inconvenient for you? Y/N

Please sign up in this thread, or if you're scared to post in this thread :ohdear: you can PM me; if you're a skrub and can't PM here you can send an in-game mail to Riyott to get yourself signed up.

:siren: Rules :siren:

Don't be a dick.
Don't be unsportsy poo poo.
Don't sign up for the Land prizes if you have land (duh). Remember this is a contest for goons who don't have anything, and fun of course.
Don't mention any of the goon drama. It's Christmas drat it!
Have fun! (given)

Breaking any of the rules will result in me being very disappointed. Don't break the rules. :(

Server is Aranzeb.

Edit: Fun prizes for events are still being discussed. More info sooni-ish. Maybe.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Kimsemus posted:

The venn diagram of "good people" and "people who spend money on star citizen" is two entirely separate circles

• Locked thread