Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
"why can't you respect what I want to do in a video game"

*proceeds to tell people they can't do what they want to do*

if goons want to pirate fishing groups in a loving open pvp zone in a game where stealing poo poo is most of the fun and you get mad about it then you are dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I like killing random people who are questing just because I can. IRL i'm a literal stalin, hitler, genghis khan chimera beast though so keep that in mind.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whatevs, I just play video game merchant

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Archeagegoon.jpg

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013
Fishing is incredibly profitable. Get your skill up to 20-30k, get a fishing boat and rake in the money with marlin.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Eonwe posted:

Archeagegoon.jpg

I bet he's selling a lot of wool.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Can confirm fishing is more fun than being barked at by the goon PvP commander.

e: :byob1:

ee: :rznv:

eee: :signings:

eeee: :krakken:

Eonwe posted:

if goons want to pirate fishing groups in a loving open pvp zone in a game where stealing poo poo is most of the fun and you get mad about it then you are dumb

Not sure why but pubs keep attacking me when I get on their fishing boats???

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 29, 2014

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I don't mind fishing goons having a pact because fishing is chill and it's the only way spawn points will ever get any use. That said, I make more money on trucking and would never consider spending 250 Gilda on a fishing boat when I could save a little more for a merchant ship or cutter.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Morbidmind posted:

Fishing is incredibly profitable. Get your skill up to 20-30k, get a fishing boat and rake in the money with marlin.

That is until the "PvP" Commander, Kim-"FYGM"-semus, decide to screw everyone by killing all the other "non allied" greens fishing with us.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

wfwon posted:

That is until the "PvP" Commander, Kim-"FYGM"-semus, decide to screw everyone by killing all the other "non allied" greens fishing with us.

Haha I've always wanted to do that but instead I try and make nice with everyone.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

wfwon posted:

:toot:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

wfwon posted:

This is perhaps the most hilarious thing I've read on these forums.

Have you considered splintering?

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

This is perhaps the most hilarious thing I've read on these forums.

Have you considered splintering?

Seems like Kimmy wants to be a pirate, any room for him in Customer Support?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

wfwon posted:

He has a Roose Bolton av, you really should have seen this coming.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006
I mean, we did, he's the one that proposed splintering literally the day Dodgy took office.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Haha stop killing the pubbies I love! what the gently caress is this

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

30.5 Days posted:

Haha stop killing the pubbies I love! what the gently caress is this

The lovely threads sort of hampered recruiting any more goons. We're slowly bleeding out members. We were down to just 999 last night. :ohdear: As an EVE goon I'm not comfortable unless I'm constantly surrounded by several thousand of my closest friends, so clearly we need to make friends with all the pubbies, right?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Bait and Swatch posted:

He has a Roose Bolton av, you really should have seen this coming.

Seriously though, apparently I'm ruining this PVP game with PVP.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Fishing goons legitimately do not understand why they need to be ready for PvP when fishing in the middle of a PvP area. Its hilarious.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

Seriously though, apparently I'm ruining this PVP game with PVP.

nice ninja edit

You'd have to log in to ruin anything

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 29, 2014

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

DirtyFalcon posted:

How would you know?

nice ninja edit

You try to be so edgy, but then you post frothy, rage induced gems like this:

10/10

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Fishing goons legitimately do not understand why they need to be ready for PvP when fishing in the middle of a PvP area. Its hilarious.

And it's up to them to harden the gently caress up. I'm all for Customer Support giving them some tough love and maybe teaching them how to put away their fishing pole and defend themselves. But i'm also for a certain degree of autonomy in special interest groups, if they want to cough up fish to pirates as a cost of doing business, so be it.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

10/10

No rage man...just pointed out that you were inactive and then you started shitposting.
Auroria isn't going to change anything...You don't have anything to do now and you won't have anything to do then.

You spout off incorrect bullshit and pretend to do ~things~

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 29, 2014

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
after hundreds of pages and multiple threads, and maybe a dozen melt-downs, no one has learned not to take this video game too seriously

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

10/10

Sorry that he owned you on the offsite and you had to come running here.

This thread was doing pretty well for a while...

In other news: Auroria Launches 11/4 in case anyone was inactive and wants to come back for that. Come stop by the offsite so we can fill you in on what we are working on so you don't look like this guy when you log on.

Actually, I'm going to get Widestancer to add that info to the OP.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

DirtyFalcon posted:

No rage man...just pointed out that you were inactive and then you started shitposting.
Auroria isn't going to change anything...You don't have anything to do now and you won't have anything to do then.

You spout off incorrect bullshit and pretend to do ~things~

Kimsemus is a much better person than you will ever be and you are a giant loving retard.

Good job owning yourself you dumbass. You should probably get it out of your system and gently caress yourself over her some more before we find out more poo poo. Just save us the trouble.

Also I'll go ahead and add the Auroria info to the OP.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I have added the Auroria launch to the OP now with MORE GLITTER

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

ragnoxiii posted:

Sorry that he owned you on the offsite and you had to come running here.

This thread was doing pretty well for a while...

In other news: Auroria Launches 11/4 in case anyone was inactive and wants to come back for that. Come stop by the offsite so we can fill you in on what we are working on so you don't look like this guy when you log on.

Actually, I'm going to get Widestancer to add that info to the OP.

It's really just hit a point of pure stupidity though, you all have officer titles like I do, the difference is because you log in more you guys circlejerk each other while you herd the guild from one bad decision to another. The fact that any of you are entertaining any notions of getting a castle, let alone keeping one, is hubris beyond reason at this point, when every single active "leader" in the guild is wholly focused on trying and (failing) to get anyone geared for PVE content, while fishing until your fingers bleed, and forming every diplomatic position around protecting fishing.

Gold isn't going to do anything for you, people are getting privately wealthy, which isn't going to make them better players, and they won't be able to pace with the rising gear costs.

Posts like that are the best though, tacitly implying I'll be demoted/kicked at the first opportunity because I disagree with the stupid direction the guild is being taken is hilarious, especially when not 2 weeks ago I was accused of being the thought police, etc etc. Really, if I had been able to make any of those leadership meetings, I would have said the same thing then.

The hard and fast facts are that at any time of the day or evening, primetime or not, most people are fishing. Naga and others whine beat their chests about "progress", yet fail to see that all those mountains of gold aren't going to buy you your castle (incidentally, I told Dodgy before he left I would front 100% of the gold cost for all castle materials, and you can't keep up with gear costs so I'm not exactly sure what your strategy is), and even if by some miracle you built it, you would never hold it past the first siege, because of a total lack of foresight and planning beyond making gold.

From day one and going forward I have emphasized PVP over all other things because if you want to do/be anything meaningful in AA that's what you have to be good it. Yes I'm loud, yes I yell a lot, yes I hurt people's feelings when they do stupid poo poo in my PVP raids, but that's because I like to win. In this game that means high gear levels, and high skillcap in PVP. Nothing else matters as much as that.

You can't build anything meaningful in AA even if you piled your stupid fish to the ceiling, but that's really the only thing I see the guild "accomplishing". You have a fleet of fishing ships and virtually no ability to PVP anymore because of down numbers, many of the good PVPers leaving, and no one to lead them (successfully).

This guild isn't going to fail because of trolls or gassed threads or pedophiles, the guild is going to fail because a bunch of PVE tryhards who can't acknowledge a different viewpoint without frothing at the mouth are trying to apply EVE politics to a game that fundamentally is as simple as maxing gear levels and AOEing until you win. And at that, you can't ask me to lead content while at the same time cutting the legs out from underneath me any time your wallet might get thinner because of it.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 29, 2014

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013
I don't understand what alternative you're offering though Kim. By attacking greens at fishing points goons are at its not gaining anything, its just making it more difficult for the people that want to fish to buy their gear and whatever else from fishing with really no positives. I agree people need to get better at pvp, but thats not really the way to go about it in my opinion. If you want to message me in game, I've been working on a couple ideas I'd like to bounce off the other pvp commander.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Are eve players forgetting that they are the worst things again?

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
TBH that guild was weird from the start. I played regularly for about three week-ends, and every time I agreed to go on some piracy mission or something and we managed to score something, some officer would pop in and be like 'oh hey uh, give me all the trade packs.. its for the guild'

Same for other piracy missions, kraken missions, and 'protect a trade run' missions. Some goons who were leading the fleet, generally video games commander types, would ask that all the money be effectively given to them with some kinda vague promise that it'd be use to build a castle or whatever. It was dumb.

I post this only so that other goons joining that guild see it and know to ignore these kindsa requests on missions and/or just not go on them. (unless you find it fun!)

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Kimsemus posted:

Off-Site Drama

Why don't you just splinter off if you're not happy with the way they're going instead of blowing it up into a huge argument? Take your PVP friends and go PVP, leave the grindy PVE guys to do their thing, live and let live. It's a game, you're supposed to have fun with it. Oh and then murder all the PVE guys and harvest their tears.

When Auroria launches I'm totally gonna give this game another try, if FFXIV doesn't have me in its iron grip at that point. Are there any new skill trees coming in Auroria, or is it all just dungeons and items?

Kobold eBooks fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 29, 2014

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

It's really just hit a point of pure stupidity though, you all have officer titles like I do, the difference is because you log in more you guys circlejerk each other while you herd the guild from one bad decision to another. The fact that any of you are entertaining any notions of getting a castle, let alone keeping one, is hubris beyond reason at this point, when every single active "leader" in the guild is wholly focused on trying and (failing) to get anyone geared for PVE content, while fishing until your fingers bleed, and forming every diplomatic position around protecting fishing.

Gold isn't going to do anything for you, people are getting privately wealthy, which isn't going to make them better players, and they won't be able to pace with the rising gear costs.

Posts like that are the best though, tacitly implying I'll be demoted/kicked at the first opportunity because I disagree with the stupid direction the guild is being taken is hilarious, especially when not 2 weeks ago I was accused of being the thought police, etc etc. Really, if I had been able to make any of those leadership meetings, I would have said the same thing then.

The hard and fast facts are that at any time of the day or evening, primetime or not, most people are fishing. Naga and others whine beat their chests about "progress", yet fail to see that all those mountains of gold aren't going to buy you your castle (incidentally, I told Dodgy before he left I would front 100% of the gold cost for all castle materials, and you can't keep up with gear costs so I'm not exactly sure what your strategy is), and even if by some miracle you built it, you would never hold it past the first siege, because of a total lack of foresight and planning beyond making gold.

From day one and going forward I have emphasized PVP over all other things because if you want to do/be anything meaningful in AA that's what you have to be good it. Yes I'm loud, yes I yell a lot, yes I hurt people's feelings when they do stupid poo poo in my PVP raids, but that's because I like to win. In this game that means high gear levels, and high skillcap in PVP. Nothing else matters as much as that.

You can't build anything meaningful in AA even if you piled your stupid fish to the ceiling, but that's really the only thing I see the guild "accomplishing". You have a fleet of fishing ships and virtually no ability to PVP anymore because of down numbers, many of the good PVPers leaving, and no one to lead them (successfully).

This guild isn't going to fail because of trolls or gassed threads or pedophiles, the guild is going to fail because a bunch of PVE tryhards who can't acknowledge a different viewpoint without frothing at the mouth are trying to apply EVE politics to a game that fundamentally is as simple as maxing gear levels and AOEing until you win. And at that, you can't ask me to lead content while at the same time cutting the legs out from underneath me any time your wallet might get thinner because of it.

ragequit incoming.
Nice tryhard :effort: post

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Someone expressing their opinion on video game fishing? Better call them an 'imp zone troll' as if imp zone posters are terrible people for outing a pedophile.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Morbidmind posted:

I don't understand what alternative you're offering though Kim. By attacking greens at fishing points goons are at its not gaining anything, its just making it more difficult for the people that want to fish to buy their gear and whatever else from fishing with really no positives. I agree people need to get better at pvp, but thats not really the way to go about it in my opinion. If you want to message me in game, I've been working on a couple ideas I'd like to bounce off the other pvp commander.

You completely de-emphasize a pyrrhic economic pursuit and focus entirely on PVP development. No amount of money is going to help you do that, and you could fish forever and still not be successful if you cannot be good at PVP. Whenever we pirated, I took exactly zero packs that we seized because the real fruit was getting people to learn to play their spec and coordinate, not the money we seized. I feel like it's fine to attack non-allied greens fishing because fishing shouldn't be a watershed activity for the guild (yet it is now our number one priority), and hurting them economically is way more important but also, and this is important, way more fun.

I may be "KimFYGMsemus", but I did so with zero help from the guild while volunteering vast quantities of time and material that I asked nothing in return for.

If you want a castle, and you want to win at AA, abandon voodoo economics, trickle down programs, guild coffers, etc, and focus wholly and entirely on mass equipping gear and learning to play the game well.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
who in goon leadership is this

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Kimsemus posted:

The people I see complaining about bots and hackers ruining the economy I also see fishing all day to get more gold. I gave up on trying to buy gear or even attempt making it because archeum prices are insane (very few people are making money crafting Illustrious/Magnificent gear) until I can get the mats to make it. There are way much more Captains of Industry doing trade runs and fishing than botters picking coin purses (who we should thank any way for bringing Archeum into the system) and a whole lot less methods of removing gold from the system (the AH cut helps, but can't keep up with the limited need to buy/sell on AH for gear). I kind of wish they made trade pack running have a wider range than 70-130% and kick in earlier and do something similar with fishing (it would also make people fish more than sailfish and marlin) or go full Bitcoin with it to hilarious effect.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

...focus wholly and entirely on mass equipping gear and learning to play the game well.

This is literally what we are doing which you would know if you ever logged on.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

If you want a castle, and you want to win at AA, abandon voodoo economics, trickle down programs, guild coffers, etc, and focus wholly and entirely on mass equipping gear and learning to play the game well.

We are. That's what you don't seem to get because you aren't around.
You keep saying the same thing as if we don't know this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Hello thread full of normal people

• Locked thread