Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Kewpuh posted:

yo i'm gonna make this real simple for you to understand. its really easy.

alright so pedo defender dude was kicked, everyone enjoys the game blah blah blah. the thread gets back on track for a few days and things seem to go okay. then out of nowhere some dumb goon decides that now is the time to share his loving retarded opinion for no reason and brings it all up again. then the cycle starts again with imps coming in and goading more goons to share more dumb opinions and the thread gets gassed and a new one pops up and it repeats again.

i mean seriously why even post something like this:

the answer is that some people are loving stupid and cant just lets things go.

Look at this page:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668229&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=128

besides maybe one trollbait post that everyone ignored, the thread chugs along fine.

Next page, some dude that plays the game decides its time to import drama from the game into the thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668229&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=129

what did you think would happen? as a mod, what do you expect me to do about this? ban him for saying that he got banned from guild in the game?

I get what you're saying here but on the other hand importing drama to the last thread was basically a lot of the content there as well.

I don't really give a poo poo either way, the entire thing has been pretty hilarious from the sidelines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Kimsemus posted:

Well,

Tonight I was prompted to begin getting active again after being encouraged by Dirty and others, so I decided to take a pirate fleet out.

Now, I know the rule that our fishing pact has is as follows:

That is straight off of our "diplomat's" post about it.

So we went looking for targets in spots close to our continent. On the way, we picked up a couple of green fishing boats not allied to us, and blew them up and got packs, we saw an allied one (in the strategic sense not fishing pack sense) and let it go, of course.

Then came fishing spot number one. Must have had, I don't know, four green fishing boats. We thoroughly checked, and made sure no goons were present so we wouldn't be loving other goons. Once we were sure, we blew them all up and got more packs in 5 minutes than a group would fishing for two hours. Towards the end of killing greens, a goon boat showed up (presumably to fish) so we promptly left. On our way to the second spot, fishing goons began to sperg and froth hard, invading our channel, despite having done nothing wrong.

I guess when they wrote the rules, they never expected us to actually follow them. In any case, DBRB and a few others began spamming Riyott like CRAZY on his mobile IRC to come on mumble and ban me for violating our fishing pact. Of course, when he got in, he found out I didn't, and the other 30 in the channel, even some more level headed fishing goons, agreed with that.

Anyway, we found a second fishing spot, again, after searching for a few minutes, no goons. So we pushed more green guild poo poo in. Sunk all their boats, took their fish. Sunk all the boats around them. Sunk all the boats going from the spot and shore. We probably collected ~500g in fish when it was all said and done.

Despite all of this though, fishing goons were really upset. We didn't know why, they wrote the agreement, and we followed it to the letter. In any event, I came back to the game, we had a GREAT time, huge, unnecessary drama was had, and a bunch of pirates got a bunch of gold in their pockets, that involved having a lot of fun and not clicking the equivalent of a quick time event for fifteen minutes.

I guess when it comes right down to it -- I was wrong all about fishing. Fishing IS a lot of fun, it's quick and easy when you let people fill their expensive fishing boats full of marlin and just let you glide on in and liberate them.

//edit I don't get it, people were complaining for two pages about me not being around to provide content, I log in, make content, many goons have a great time, and some of those same people are still butthurt. :iiam:

DBRB being a cock? I never...

• Locked thread