Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006
The current state of Aranzeb <Goon Squad> is that a lot of the poo poo stirrers and drama queens have flamed out in glorious melt downs and ban mes. What's left is a core of Goons that didn't play alpha and are learning the game together. We are pretty weak on the overall power scale on the server, but we are ramping up our commerce activities to gear up. Soon we will be picking random fights across the world to re-establish <Goon Squad> as the collector of pubbie tears. Hopefully soon pubbies will have more to cry about than Minti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

sword_man.gif posted:

postcount +1 soon i will be a verified shitposter/drama queen

I wasn't actually referring to anyone in the thread really. More in reference to people in the guild who seem to not understand the concept of fun.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006
I guess I was wrong. People aren't done self owning themselves. Keep doing god's work.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Do you have any screenshots of the other, less retarded, opinions in gchat?

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

Not all of us. I don't think Eonwe should have been kicked for making fun of SCT/supporters, I think he was entitled to his opinion and posted a thread indicating as such. I think people should be welcome to express their opinions and if you do something that 98% of goons disapprove of, trolling is only natural. Don't speak in sweeping rhetoric using phrases like "guild leadership" like all of us are fine with the current state of affairs -- we're not. I've said here and in the offsite I don't think SCT or many others involved should be welcomed back to the guild after they went pirate, but I'm viewed as "radical".

There is some really small vocal minority that think SCT is going to return to Goon Squad like some prophesized messiah. Those people deserve to be ridiculed.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Axel Serenity posted:

The issue is that small minority also has a decent amount of control in terms of invites, bans, guild resources, planning, etc. It's definitely not all leaders (I know you've been fighting the good fight for awhile, Kimsemus), but the group that does stick up for SCT is unfortunately ruining it for the 99% of goons that understand what's going on and no one has the power to tell them otherwise.

Not really. Almost all of them are pirate and persona non grata in GS. The rest of the leadership as far as I know are all non-alpha goons and have no ties to SCT. One or two have returned from piracy and went back pirate within days. Trying to completely cleanse the off site is a different matter, and the struggle with that continues. It would be nice if the non-retarded goons could convene here, but someone always has to come and self-own themselves every week.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Third World Reggin posted:

bad games are fun when you play with friends

Most of the remaining goons have condensed into special interest groups doing just that, having fun in a bad game with friends. We are working on getting those groups to work together to do other cool poo poo.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Axel Serenity posted:

Then the current leadership needs to put their foot down and make that clear

That's the plan. And Kimsemus hasn't even logged on in days. It's other people stomping out those kinds of things.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

I was logged in today.

The problem as I see it, pre Auroria, is since I've already made my money and built up my land holdings, there isn't much to do. Piracy is entertaining but for many goons who still need gold, time=money, and fishing is just a better way to do it, and I've really no interest in any more fishing myself.

I'm still very much involved with what is going on, but for many players, this is a CD period until Auroria drops.

That's fine, I'm glad you are ready. A lot of Goons are not and they need strong active leadership to pull them through this period of aimlessness. Wasn't a dig at you , more to highlight changes in the way leadership is handling things.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Nerevar Indoril posted:

Just started playing a few days ago on Aranzeb, what guild do I apply to? I skimmed the last thread enough to know about the drama, so is Goon Squad still who I should apply to?

The drama that leaks over is mostly aftershocks of something that happened last month. As of right now, if you rolled on the West (Nuian/Elf) you should join Goon Squad by heading to aagoons.com and getting authed. If anything we can help you get started and if you decide you need a break from GS we'll try to help point you to the least poo poo alternative.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Unguided posted:

Whatever happened to farming event gear for our tanks? Did all the other healers quit because they were sick of paying respec and repair costs for gear that wouldn't benefit them?

We've opted for mindless bloodshed on the high seas.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Thronde posted:

Did some of that tonight, Wiped a Man Up ship twice (maybe even three times, they just kept coming back) and killed Umji and some other FC guys in a genuine :goodfight: scenario just for the sake of making fights. And someone got a pair of packs stolen from some poor lowbies boating about randomly.

FC who got baited into our empty merchant ship right after we wiped man-up, probably thinking that we had a load and were easy pickings weakened from the previous fight. In fact I think we despawned one of our merchant ships during the fight with man up so they probably thought we lost one of them and were trying to recover packs. Feedz had us on radar from his junk in Seachild Wharf and the moment we destroyed the Man Up ships is when Unji's clipper made a b-line for us. RIP them.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

It was pretty silly all things considered, given that 3 guilds got into a huge sea battle over a grand total of zero packs. Hell I think the only ship casualty was Unji's clipper.

Absolutely hilarious and loads of fun.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Widestancer posted:

I don't know who the point of contact is for the Pirate guild so I just assumed SCT would want everyone's messages and can work with it. He's competent enough I'm sure he'll manage.

The pirate guild is not a West guild, they are Pirate faction which is red to everyone. And I don't think the leader is a goon, so really it's a pubbie guild.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Morglon posted:

Well there is stone cloth with strength and stamina. You can use it as a cloth tank set for normal tanks on the third boss in GHA but that's really about it.

There are a bunch of hybrid plate casters and if you go offensive like the Skull Knight it works fine. Sort of. The arguably best tank is the Templar though which is pretty much a plate healing tank. Great during alpha when heal was on int, now it's sort of hosed because you're barely doing any damage and can't get the gear to make your heals count so the class is sort of stuck in a limbo unless they're guild pushed and have a really really really good club at which point it becomes awesome again.

You could always play any other caster class in plate but you'd be giving up on the full cloth set bonus you kind of need to make playing a caster viable.

Edit: Actually I was wrong, no crafted set cloth has any non caster stats on it just the weird random poo poo I picked up for cloth tanking that one boss. Yeah, looks like plate is the only armor class that has any attempted hybrid gear in it and thus gets shafted.

As a 70k metalworker it is really a fools errand to craft plate armor right now.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Deadclown posted:

This game looks horrible but I have decided to download and play it anyway. See you all online soon.

Any good tips you wished you knew before starting?

Don't spend real money. Seriously.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Extra posted:

Why does common staff mana recovery break stealth

AL -> Stealth -> Common Staff Mana Recovery Activates -> DoT still ticking -> guards aggro -> dead

e: and just spent 200g trying to regrade an L44 piece of green armor to blue

I'm not sure if the XLGames strategy is to poo poo on the player repeatedly until they develop stockholm syndrome or what

It is stupid expensive to regrade anything below Arcane, mainly because you have to use expensive regrade charms for grand/rare, it's really dumb. Most of my Arcane->Heroic took one or two attempts with cheap charms. I tried to regrade Rare to Arcane and spent 200g and failed, got Arcane pants to drop the next day and got heroic on the first try.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

This is perhaps the most hilarious thing I've read on these forums.

Have you considered splintering?

Seems like Kimmy wants to be a pirate, any room for him in Customer Support?

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006
I mean, we did, he's the one that proposed splintering literally the day Dodgy took office.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Fishing goons legitimately do not understand why they need to be ready for PvP when fishing in the middle of a PvP area. Its hilarious.

And it's up to them to harden the gently caress up. I'm all for Customer Support giving them some tough love and maybe teaching them how to put away their fishing pole and defend themselves. But i'm also for a certain degree of autonomy in special interest groups, if they want to cough up fish to pirates as a cost of doing business, so be it.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

You try to be so edgy, but then you post frothy, rage induced gems like this:

10/10

Sorry that he owned you on the offsite and you had to come running here.

This thread was doing pretty well for a while...

In other news: Auroria Launches 11/4 in case anyone was inactive and wants to come back for that. Come stop by the offsite so we can fill you in on what we are working on so you don't look like this guy when you log on.

Actually, I'm going to get Widestancer to add that info to the OP.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

...focus wholly and entirely on mass equipping gear and learning to play the game well.

This is literally what we are doing which you would know if you ever logged on.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Deki posted:

When we say goons are generally undergeared, do we mean they have green/blue GHA and hasla, or worse than that?

Because I only have Green/blue GHA (5 loving wasted armor scrolls on chest), and perform acceptably in pvp when not facing down people who RMT'd or had their guilds funnel gold straight to them.

If goons in general don't even have that, well you're going to need some insane luck in Auroria.

Full Arcane GHA is like barely adequite. I have full Heroic GHA plate and a darkrunner with the Kraken spear 2 shot me.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Flavahbeast posted:

Goon Squad
Something Lawlful
Too East Too Furrious
Wicked
GOONFLEET
More Money than Sense
Forestcrow
Customer Support
Rude Dudes
Valor

did i miss any

<Hold My Pole>

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Eonwe posted:

offsite forum admin wire unbanned me and is allowing all goons to take part

pretty swell guy :)

no clue who banned me, but I hope it was cathartic

I think by letting everyone on the offsite will allow the in game drama to stay offsite and have actual game discussion happen here. But we'll see.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

This is pathetic. All the goons that abandoned the guild are trying to blame it all on Kimsemus when all Kimsemus did was a run a raid that ruffled some feathers. Compare this to leaving the guild, stealing supplies from it, and telling goons to gently caress themselves when they ask to get it back. You guys got pissed off at one person and instead of handling the situation in a reasonable way, stormed out of the guild in a huff.

But I should blame this all on Kimsemus and not the people that ran away. Ridiculous.

Nah, I think Kimsemus did everyone a favor. The officers that were there right before the splinter really had no idea what Dodgy & co's plan was. Everyone was left in the dark and I was brought in literally within a week of Auroria to see if we could throw something together. Kimsemus, Taters and Jerkjerk forced us to come to terms with the the fact that GS didn't have any viable plan for Auroria, some dealt with this better than others. I think everyone is better off and happier now, save for some squabbles over some materials, but that can get sorted.

If I hadn't been asked to try and help unify the guild, a fools errand I now realize, I would have left for Wicked before any of this fishing drama had even gone down.

Yeah it sucks that I put on the GG armor before I left, but once things settle down with Auroria, I will tank them for GS equal to the number of pieces I have (2 events, 4 bosses) and you can do with the pieces what you please.

I agree with Dahn that Balista is the type of leader Goons need. I told him that myself before most of this poo poo went down. I know he poo poo talked me after I left, but I don't really care, Goon Squad wasn't fun for me anymore and I wasn't going to feel bad about leaving.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

balistafreak posted:

I trusted you, mang! I mailed you the armor thinking to myself, "Man, this is a rock-steady guy I can count on to not flip out."

And then you were in Hold My Pole, but that was okay, you were still with us on Freedich.

And then I saw you in Halcyona, and I saw the barrage-proc buff on you, and my heart sank, and your model finally loaded in amongst the zerg, and I wept, for my indomitable, reliable GG heal-target had run off with the spoils of our combined efforts.

BUT WE SHALL REBUILD

Sorry to disappoint. You're still cool in my book, but I just knew that unless things drastically changed before Auroria, I wouldn't be able to do any of the things that might make Auroria fun like Sieges. I tried and failed to be a catalyst for the change but I don't think any amount of effort could have made it happen.

Anyways, like I said, once Auroria calms down, get some Goons together and send me a tell. I will help you guys get the pieces back. Meanwhile, us in Wicked are having fun. Glad you guys are too.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

apseudonym posted:

Ugh they're adding T2 and T3 Hasla weapons.

Given that all I do is PVP and I dont have stupid amounts of money I'm losing my excitement for this. gently caress grinding another 500 tokens so I can kill more tryhards.

Serpentis weapons are also Ephirium tier and regradeable I think.

The Hasla rift boss also drops 25 arctic earthstones.

ragnoxiii fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 4, 2014

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

apseudonym posted:

But I dont know what happened to all the Dungeon Friends :(

Dungeon Friends are all together still, we just wear a different tag now.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Bait and Swatch posted:

So I will be very surprised if there is ever a seige in this game. The seige system seems similar to Global Agenda's AVA in that the guilds who own castles can just funnel money to an alt guild and buy-out their own bid to avoid the threat of losing. This is even easier since they make extra money off castle taxes, but hilarious in that they won't even lose gold once they "beat" their alt guild, since the pot goes to the victor.

I guess it continues the libertarian utopia theme, so there's that. I'm looking forward to the pubby anger that will flow once they realize they will be screwed out of a castle yet again. Valor#1

No, we were told we will not be buying our own siege tickets and to get ready in six weeks for FC, unless of course Valor really really wants a shot at us or something.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Arcade posted:

A lot of people left for a lot of different reasons, but I like to think that majority of us left because what we were looking for out of the guild wasn't being offered any more. And that actually was an issue long before you and Werkwerk took lead.

It really had nothing to do with Werkwerk or Reggin, that was only an easy out for people who already had one foot out the door. Fact is the guild wasn't really doing anything and couldn't stop fighting each other long enough to do anything worthwhile.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006
I dunno why I bothered reading that but:

"There are some leaders in PL who would sell out half of their corporation if it meant a few more super kills or a quasi-gain within EVE. They've got some great guys trying to steer their ship on the right course, but they could do without all of the old -A- leadership and their half baked ideas on how to run an alliance."

Seems like Kimmy has become the thing he despised, but I still don't think poo poo should have spilled over to EVE. But then again, it's sort of fitting since a lot of this is a result of EVE things spilling over into AA.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

jeffraider posted:

I just want the same evidence that an irl lawman got to make him completely change his mind

I want answers

I want the TRUTH

I think Kimmy might have pictures if you ask really nicely.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

It totally could have worked. It just didn't work with only a couple months to pull things together, and a never-ending drama train.

As neither a fisher nor a pirate, the problem seems to have been communication. There was a public rule "don't gently caress with fishers who are fishing with/near goons" and a ~secret~ rule "don't gently caress with fishers at all until after Auroria launches". Kis was absent from the leadership meetings that discussed the secret rule, so he broke it and while doing it ignored anyone who told him he was breaking the rules, because he only knew about the public rule. I feel bad for the fishers that goon fishing was ruined, but it doesn't rise to level of "goonfucking" to me.

Keeping the real rule secret because OPSEC was a mistake. Yes, some goons would have bitched about a fishing pact that gave pubbie fishers a free pass on the high seas, but the goon pirates would probably have grumbled and still grudgingly restricted themselves to pirating reds for a couple weeks.

Don't feel bad about the fishers, they left for greener pastures and are having plenty of fun. Now Goons can feel free to pirate fishers and fishers can feel free to to kill them without a pesky thing like a common guild tag getting in the way. Having to wear the same tag was the biggest problem fishers had with the pirates.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Eonwe posted:

I like that all the future plans that could have possibly motivated & united people were hidden on the officer forum and only discussed in an officer only mumble channel

It wasn't hidden, it was that it wasn't fully formed yet. We didn't have a guild leader so we couldn't actually claim a castle. Until Dodgy passed it to someone we literally could not do anything.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Eonwe posted:

all I know is that people in the guild seemed really desperate for some direction, and there was a major officer meeting, and nothing was discussed publicly on the offsite/guild chat/mumble with the guild at large at least when I was around during primetime

would have been neat for someone to be like "here is our basic plan" or even "hey we have something, we'll let you know in the next few days" but I didn't even see anything like that

Of course you didn't see anything in guild chat because you had already been kicked and admitted that you deserved as much.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Eonwe posted:

no I hadn't you idiot

Dodgy and the commanders had been MIA for over 2 weeks, no one really knew their plan. The meeting which I was brought in on was literally "can we at all salvage this guild and how". The answer turned out to be no, and here we are.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006
Welp, doesn't really matter anyways.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Eonwe posted:

ok good pointless derail glad you talked out of your rear end about my status of the guild and are now onto the next thing

anyway, sure would have been nice to hear a plan out of someone, or just "hey we promise we've got plans"

Sorry I derailed the BFM EVE PL poo poo, carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Tsargon the Great posted:

First we decided that GS had drifted too far from our secret fishing rule to be saved. Second we decided to steal the guild bank.

Then we joined Wicked and got the first castle. Mission success.

• Locked thread