Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Can one of you fine stable normal gentlemen please explain to me why these types of competitive sandbox games attract the most insufferable goddamn autists who are seemingly bent on making everyone around them miserable? I swear to god, I met more chill goons playing loving minecraft.

Please understand that for every pedo defender, alpha shitlord, and sperg emperor that show up creating cringe-inducing embarrassment comedy for you all to enjoy, there are probably 50 of us who at least mildly enjoy this terrible game and would like to have some sort of fairly large group that doesn't all loving hate each other. We would probably like to do silly poo poo like that cart blockade (that people seem to have loving ignored completely in order to sperg over fishing some more) and have fun in the game without having to be king turd of poopsock mountain in order to get anywhere.

I really had high hopes we'd be able to pull it around for next week but what's the point of doing anything when the guild is so fractured and the people who might have had a chance to catherd line idiots like me around get burnt out over stupid drama or kicked from the main guild. So we're not getting a castle probably - it's a little disappointing since we had a strong start but oh well!

Here's a hint: the entire key to get a lot of non-sperglord goons to actually do anything organized in a game is to make it fun. People will do a lot of dumb poo poo if they can get some laughs out of it and enjoy themselves with people they kinda know on the internet. Most people could give half a poo poo about drama if they have fun things to do.

Those of you who are actually organizing things that are fun, thank you - the naked run looks like a lot of fun (cross guild even!) and I hope people can make it.

For the others - I hope you realize that actual, physical yelling at each other about fishing in a terrible korean game is something that's really a little silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Thunderbro posted:

you were never getting a castle :ssh:

But I could dream! (of course you're right)

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

ThndrShk2k posted:

Auroria is northern PVP castle lands they claim and then the guild who claimed it can form a faction and then every goon can have their own guild and be allied by ingame mechanics with the Faction System rather than learning to deal with each other by communicating.
Something they could have now without in-game mechanics if we just accepted the splinter guilds since they were going to splinter once we got loving castle land anyway. (because it's basiscally larger "families" at that point if you got a faction)

I thought factions were so buggy they got turned off in Korea too? Didn't think they'd be in for this patch at least.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Have an art that was posted in IRC. I think we can all appreciate this, fishers or non-fishers!

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
The salt on the official forums about the Thunderstruck thing is absolutely amazing. It's probably not "good for the economy" but anything that causes that much distress is fantastic. gently caress RNG.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Anyone else having trouble with disconnections? It keeps disconnecting me between selecting character and getting in game.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

LegionAreI posted:

Anyone else having trouble with disconnections? It keeps disconnecting me between selecting character and getting in game.

So just an update on this - if you're having disconnections and modified your client, try un-modifying it and logging in again. :mad: I don't know if that was the answer but it fixed it for me. I just wanted the goddamn FOV thing Trion, gently caress you.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

InternetJunky posted:

How many thunderstruck trees does it take to make that yellow dick-butt thing?

First, what in the gently caress, Korea.

Also, ha ha on you if you think that poo poo is anything but a cash shop purchase!

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Morglon posted:

I want to be able to do something, anything really without being randomly disconnected. It's annoying when it happens while I'm farming, frustrating if it happens while I'm doing something that requires combat and just pissing me off when I'm doing trade runs to the point where I'm constantly mashing r and hoping I can get back in before owner's mark wears off. I'm fairly sure it's loving Hackshield since it only started up after they "fixed" that piece of poo poo.

Did you uh... modify your client? I had this happen and it didn't stop until I reverted it.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
So beyond all the usual dumb poo poo in this thread - who's up for the sieges tomorrow? Is FC actually attacking anyone?

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
So apparently you can still use the Flirtatious Flower item to kick people off their carts and run off with them, so if you're looking for something to do have at.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I'm pretty much done with this game - my patron runs out the 20th and I am not inclined to renew so I'd like to offload some land for a reasonable price. Might as well get some money in case the game gets good eventually. I have a 16x16 and an 8x8 next to each other on the cliff in North TC if anyone is interested. Make me an offer - I have PMs or you can do it here.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Kevlar Beard posted:

Can I just have your land? I just started and I'm poor as poo poo.

You know what? It's the season for giving, why not? :sun: Merry Christmas.

What's your in-game name and when are you usually on? I might not be able to hook up tonight, but I'll pop on probably around 11 EST and see.

In-game name is Kioku.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Kevlar Beard posted:

Name is Rukte, I'm on Aranzeb.

I'll be on practically all night, just message me.

Enjoy your land dude, transfer went smoothly. Glad to pass it on to someone who is enjoying the game!

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

hakimashou posted:

The sperging on their forums is soooo good.

My name on there is druk, you should join in.

Man I haven't logged on in forever and now I'm updating just to dick around on a free dolphin powered by the butthurt and tears of paying players. Mission accomplished, Trion!

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Wafflz posted:

It's been a few months since I decided to check up on this game and for some reason I decided to look in on it today. Guess I am just lucky sometimes.

The fun thing is I don't even think it's the same Dolphin as these high-rollers got.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Looks like they finally removed all the houses from Freedick island. With "compensation" that apparently got some people upset!

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?183010-Reminder-All-properties-on-Freedich-Isle-are-being-reclaimed-on-April-28!

Also, there sure are a lot of butthurt posts on the official forums about roadblocks:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?184366-Trion-Why-allow-support-road-blocks-or-bridge-barricades-when....(Loss-of-a-player-spending-anymore-money)

DIY Post on blockading that also got a few nice replies:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?181837-How-TT6-Blocks-Bridges-(with-DIY-Screenshots)

This has been your forum safari for today!

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Suprise, servers are completely down with an auth issue they are having a great deal of difficulty fixing! Not suprised in the least!

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?228461

Rollbacks!

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?242852

No more blockading "by community request." Sandbox, theme park, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/news/gameId/572/showArticle/38303

Trion banning for "cheating" what

When did this start happening?

• Locked thread