Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Tractors are also fantastic for pushing AFK people into the sea and/or mobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just hoping the game is down for a solid week.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hmm this car looks cool, lets see what it needs... 8 thunderstruck trees? :suicide:

Oh and 20k machinery but that's the least of the problems.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Look at those people arguing over stupid inconsequential guild poo poo in a buggy hacked-bare lovely fremium Korean MMO.

I'm so happy to see them grow :toot:

Folks: Don't forget to add Archeage to your MMORPG resume, we'll be checking your skills and references for the next goonrush.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
No, no, game is dead and everyone quit to play Perfect World International because its less grindy.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bait and Swatch posted:

Lol if you think that the group being disbanded / everyone being kicked doesn't happen in every game goons play together in. The kicking of GOON members in planetside 2 had wayyy more drama than this one.

Yeah this. It's almost like every experienced goon who understands How poo poo Works planned ahead and wasn't affected in the slightest.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm waiting to see the poo poo storm when Trion closes the low pop servers and forcibly relocates their populations to the ones that remain.

It'll take quite a bit longer yet for that to happen but its going to be good.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?133343-AMEX-investigating-chargebacks

Some pubbie posted:

"Hmm...maybe it is time for me to call AMEX and get my $2k back."

Unrelated but not worth a new post:

That only took me over 200 posts being utterly disparaging in every single one since alpha. Apparently their marketing director is Polly Prissypants and finally did something about it and it was probably one of my mildest ones.

It's only for the forums too. :toot:

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 1, 2014

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just praying that Trion's database is utterly corrupted and that there are no backups.

Just imagine. :allears:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Please let the database be corrupt. Please.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Angela Christine posted:

Any word yet on the "generous compensation"? LOL.

The downtime has encouraged people to play other better games. Pretty generous if you ask me.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Just don't hang out in Venice unless you're smashing your genitals in a car door grinding out those amazing cool season 8 scenarios which are in no way repetitive.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Mob density in Tokyo is worse than Blue Mountain.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
No but there might be land or something in Black Desert so you should totally pre-order the early access edition at $150, $200 a right bargain $250. Quick order now, if not sooner.

I mean its not like there is precedent for another KMMO crashing and burning horribly after being a blatently incompetent cash grab on a completely unfixable busted open back end married to a complete lack of endgame content - right?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Logged in today. Used one of those custom image potions to copy a real life "for sale" sign and stuck it on my 16x16 cottage. Sold it to the first person who came by for a thousand gold. He was so excited to finally get land it was painful to see :stonk:

Bought a heroic epherium meadow staff that already won the stat re-roll lottery. Logged off without even bothering to cast a spell and try it out.

Yeah it all went downhill after Alpha didn't it? gently caress Trion Worlds and Scott Hartsman.

Anyway, went back to Secret World and it has fifty times the content this lovely game ever did. Funcom even release new content for it now! :toot:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Eonwe posted:

Archeage: There really is no excuse at this point.

new title please

This is the title this game needs and deserves.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Finndo posted:

Not sure if anyone has linked this yet, apparently video of 1.7 from the Korean version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMB5obcPL0Q

Edit: I guess it's a tutorial, with some game footage and some cutscenes? Not sure.

Doesn't a game still have to be online to receive a content update though?

I mean, its the second week of December and Trion hasn't even bothered to do a Xmas promotion. I'm guessing the player metrics are gently caress-awful and they're just coasting along going "gently caress it".

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CoffeeBooze posted:

A Christmas promotion usually involves a sale. Something tells me after the recent "gift" as an apology for the down time Trion has no interest in giving out any further discounts. They are probably also trying to just keep their heads down and not draw any further attention to the game for now. There has been a lot of incredibly negative publicity lately.

I can't imagine any functional business not taking advantage of Xmas hype to make extra money.

I suppose the key word is "functional".

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Schubalts posted:

Man, they didn't even bring over the full Halloween event and shoved those costumes into RNG boxes. You want them to ruin Christmas, too???

It's Trion Worlds. I think we can just assume that as a given. I just want to see the reactions :munch:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ShadowMoo posted:

What goon guilds are currently open? the list in OP seems somewhat out of date.

They're all dead. Game is dying, Trion Worlds can't manage to find their own dick with both hands and people moved on.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Byolante posted:

Do the goons still try and do decontamination raids on the RP station with the fire extinguisher?

No need. Simply standing still in the same room as them is enough to send some pubbies into a frothing rage.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Berke Negri posted:

STO pubbies are unfathomably broken people. You can get the same reaction out of a person just deploying a practically free disco ball in game as to destroying a billion isk ship in EVE

This is an incredibly true statement - if anything you are understating how broken they are.

While there is a giant warehouse of horror stories I'm just going to present this single piece of evidence to the jury:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ODkn-Pkox0

The goon take on the same incident:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV807_1i6CA

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Oh hey I logged into Trion's forums for the first time this month. This has already expired by the way - it was a two week forum ban if memory serves. By BrandGuru the "marketing director" of course.

:ironicat:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
For anyone who is interested the jury queue on Kyrios aka the highest population NA server, is down to 381 on login. RIP.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
You could always APEX a fresh account and just use the loyalty tokens it accumulates for unbound certificates.

Depends how into appointment based gaming you are I guess. Not my cup of tea.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well there goes that. Maybe just sell the land for an obscene amount to a pubbie?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Found a great no-effort troll guaranteed to get results. Take your farm hauler and wedge it into the court house doorway.

Nobody gets in, nobody gets out. You're also in the protective peace aura so nobody can target you :toot:

If you have a reindeer hauler that plays looped jingle bells, even better.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bauxite posted:

The troll being you still have archeage installed?

Touche.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A lot of critical things are client side authentication. Yes that means what you think it does.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well Star Trek Voyager did have Neelix and his 3 year old girlfriend Kes but it was ok folks, she was totally an adult by alien standards so that makes it acceptable. :pedo:

I don't think any of the characters on the godawful train wreck of a show ever bought her age up as a negative with regards to the relationship :cripes:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Thunderbro posted:

Rift was a legitimately good MMO that then got trashed just as badly as this game. It's easily one of the worst on the market now after getting brutalized by the F2P model. Rest in peace Trion.

You aren't wrong. I was going to reload it and try out Nightmare Tide since it wasn't going to cost me anything just to dip my toes. Then I saw this: http://www.riftgame.com/en/nightmare-tide/collectors-editions/

Yes that's right, if you don't buy the $24.95 infusion edition you miss out on "2 New Equipment Slots" and the ability to even loving wear the new water gear. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure that $150 pack is the only way to get an aquatic mount too, which is also required since apparently the new zone has pockets of air/water everywhere. Or I guess you can run a lot?

Anyway point being: gently caress Trion. Anything they touch turns to poo poo if it doesn't bomb at launch anyway.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hammerstein posted:

This is getting ridiculous. It's now 8 days since I sent the mail concerning my account ban and I haven't heard a thing from them.

There's a 30-40 day wait time on tickets.

You think I'm joking don't you?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Morglon posted:

The game is however doomed to just fart around in limbo with no real updates beyond what's live now in Korea since the developer has mostly moved on and is just keeping the lights on while pumping out the occasional cash shop item. It could go on like that for years, I just don't see it getting any better is my point.

Yeah this. Literally the only updates the game is ever going to receive are more cash shop items. That's it.

You can forget new races etc because the original developers have moved onto other projects.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I only log in to block the court house and make people angry.

10 days of patron left. Will I be renewing? gently caress no.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I could do a better one but I only started collecting snapshots relatively recently.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Oh they'll go a lot higher.

One interesting thing is I've not seen any bots farming for a while but the gold spam is still very strong. I wonder if most of the Chinese gold farmers saw the writing on the wall and are just trying to sell up their stock?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm fairly sure my AA is working and I didn't do anything special. Maybe its just a config issue with your video card drivers or something?

Try uninstalling them and run whatever is the appropriate registry cleaner then give your catalyst/nvidia drivers another go. If that doesn't work you're probably best trawling a hardware site.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I think its worthy of a footnote but its destined to become one of those forgotten MMOs that crawls along for eternity in a back catalog running on a dusty server with a very small niche player base.

The hacker problem will go away once the player base finishes dying off to a bare skeleton because it just won't make them money at that point.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Take a guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Nah the scummiest thing Trion have done is DLC #5 for Defiance.

It was mandatory for everyone yet they claimed it counted as the final part of the season pass. It completely hosed what was left of the game at the time and even hold outs like myself left and never looked back. :toot:

• Locked thread