Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

I am on the edge of almost installing this game but before I do, will I have adventures like I used to with my Goon Tang Clan?

werkwerk is in charge and I just manage complaints

there are things to do but not as much as wushu

it is still a bad game like wushu with a better UI and more people that complain about pvp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

all you have to do is enjoy video games and post

thems the rules

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

30.5 Days posted:

please respect fishing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7zZJlFqIE8

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

My favorite thing to fish are barracudas.

You can find these cute guys off of the coast of florida. Where we were fishing we found a miniature bridge set to some Arnold Schwarzenegger movie as well where they never cleaned it up. True lies maybe? The entire bridge they blew up in the movie was still there at like 1/10th the scale.

So to catch these fish, you can use a simple plastic tube with a hook on it.

The second hook is extra and isn't really needed. You throw this as far as you can and reel it as fast as you can back. They see the bright color and just bite on it. From there they may fight a bit but there isn't anything to bad reeling them in.

Getting them off of the hook is still pretty easy even though they look pretty scary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4bA9CBz2Nk

Most of the time we would find them near tiny islands or sandbars on the east coast of florida.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQBWGo7pef8

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Watch the video to 3 seconds.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You guys are missing the important thing here.

The mcrib is back.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KezvwARhBIc

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Y5XjlO4vk

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Oh my god this is why the 'pick a box' guy in those Rogue Legacy rooms says 'You sooooo stupid'

I had no idea

UHF is a good movie and the next person who has a meltdown or drama issues should go shut down the game and watch it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Guild Policy Update on Fishing:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

why did you do that

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I asked what the officer plans were before werkwerk got in charge and I got told about them and how it was pretty sad since there was so much optimism in the posts. Things were going to be good and be better.

Then I found many goons who never knew about them since they were only made in a private forum and never really shared openly with the members.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Deki posted:

There is a second offsite?

there is aagoons and then some private aagoons officer area

normal people never got to see anything in the officer area and apparently that information didn't easily get out, to include any good or optimistic things

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I kept hearing about plans for auroria and the diplomacy efforts but I don't know really what they were.

What I've managed to piece together is that we were going to help wicked get a castle, then we would get a castle.

Besides both being able to be claimed at the same time, in order to have wicked help get goons a castle they would need to either donate materials or donate members.

In a 70 vs 70 fight, there are only two guilds involved. If you involve more from mercs, which may not be in, then the other person also involves more people. So we would still need 70 goons geared, organized, and leveled. We don't really have that. In a few weeks I doubt we would have that even without the drama. The main problem there is numbers.

If there were more plans I'd love to know what they were since I don't see how they could overcome the 70 goons part compared to what would be 70 FC or 70 wicked members.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Big post coming in. I mentioned I didn't know the plan so someone informed me.

Back when dodgy / storm were around, there was some plan but no one knows what that one was. When they were gone a new one had to be made.

The idea was to keep it private and inform people a day or two ahead of time.

The initial idea was to be friends with 2 or 3 of the other west guilds that were large and camp a cave that was needed for castle building. The cave had a boulder you had to mine then you had to mine out the cave, leave it, wait for it to reset, and start over. This took like 50K mining proficiency and a lot of labour, 3000 just for the outside boulder.

The allied guilds would stop anyone else from mining so that they could set up the first castle quickly. They may have had to leave it unguarded to go build the first castle but what ever.

After that they would go back and mine enough for a second castle. This would of been a some what lengthy event as a lot of other people would be fighting for that cave.

So understanding that goons had a gear issue, goon officers knew they needed about 500-800 g a piece. Other guilds are doing this better than goons are so fishing was chosen to be the solution. There was a system set up but it also needed charcoal.

When that solution failed, they pretty much gave up. There may have been other solutions but they were burnt out.

There were a few officers that knew this stuff but even less actually ran the stuff needed to be done. That kinda sucks and I think if more people knew about this they may have been willing to help out a bit more.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I hope you guys are at least enjoying our attempts to let everyone know what is going on or what has gone on.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I believe both werkwerk and I understand how lovely this game is going to get with a gear grind and the burn out following it will be pretty large.

We do want people to have fun though so we are promoting that while we can.

Without drama involved, I didn't expect many goons to be around after the north continent opened up and they got to see what the future of this game will look like.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yah. There is an east and west faction on an east and west continent. They level up on their own side until about 30 or so when they have to be in the same zone on the west or east continent. Those zones tend to be pvp zones that can go into war and peace periods.

There are two other land masses to note. One is a tiny island in the center of the three continents. The other is the northern continent where when that arrives the game changes. Like leveling to 50 takes 4 hours once a part of that opens up. This also has room for 4 castles up there where the guild leader that owns the castle gets taxes from nearby houses.

There should also be nations, which are player run factions where one guild owns it and other guilds can join it, but that may not be in.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

try logging into league

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I like that you say that since I am going off what I've been told by goons who were in the guild at the time. No one has mentioned anything other than that.

So even if stuff was said, which I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, no one around says they ever saw it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

PrepH even said to me that he kept it secret. So maybe you two didn't communicate well.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I heard the latest D3 expansion is ok but I dunno.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It is fun to drive tractors into them to move them away from the dummy.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

As the impquisitor of goon squad I can say a lot more people are having fun more consistently that they openly mention.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Chocolatebuddha posted:

This game blows, but at least this thread delivers constant entertainment.

Maybe auroria will squeeze out the last bit of drama from this flaccid, rung out dick.

The shadow council has a plan to go edging

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Tomorrow the north opens up, you are going to need to go via the water to get there, probably.

We need someone who wants to do an event up there, anyone can do it, just say you are leading it.

No one cares what event they just want to do something so wandering around, exploring, and killing a few people is just fine.

Time line of stuff
Castle do-ers are going to camp potential castle spots and the cave
They are going to mine the cave long enough to get a pack to move for a castle
you can intercept this pack for fun
once castle spot is claimed, houses can be built in the area, prepare for that

a lot of people are going to be up there so once again, we need someone (who doesn't need to have any experience or be good at this) to say "I will lead an event" and just point a direction for people to follow.

If you have never lead a group before and want pointers, there are several experienced leaders in the guild. Just ask in guild chat and we can run it down. There are several leading types as well, but generally say as little as needed to get the job done.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Widestancer posted:

The land grab will be fun; please remember to get good screenshots, everyone involved!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Lolin at the idea of "lets update hackshield"

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hackshield owns

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

claiming castles is not as important as holding on to them

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Mercury_Storm posted:

lol this is probably the most hardcore fuckup in MMO history since the launch of Anarchy Online.

not the warhammer online double billing why did you kill my grandma you shut off our power with over draft fees

or the eve deleted boot.ini and computer failed to start

there are a few others you could choose that are bigger than hackshield silly castle thing

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

angerbot posted:

I invite all applicable goons to forsake Archeage and come play with me in Myst Online: Uru Live

http://mystonline.com/en/

If you enjoyed the puzzles and mysteries of Myst, the trend-breaking and gorgeous world of Url: Live Online will leave you breathless.

Myst Uru Online is a full 3D world filled with the type of brain-scratching puzzles you've come to expect from the Myst franchise, and it's Free to Play with No Cash Shop! You can customize an avatar for a Real World Experience as you quest between the Ages and explore the puzzles left for us by the D'ji - an ancient race who decided puzzles were a good way to do pretty much everything.

There are about 13 pubbies on the main server and I have no idea what they were up to but they were gathered together asking for songs and dances.

In conclusion, Uru: Myst, Live is an exciting new property that I feel we can build a new goon presence in.

The shadow council already has a guild there

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

For those of you who can not log in and want to play video games with friends I recomend this game

http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

it is mafia, free, and fun

I am there as ThirdWorld. If you friend me and enough people are online I'll start a goon only match.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

angerbot posted:

Not even remotely

I got to look at it before it went down and they had apparenlty worken up XL games and the hackshield guys to work on this.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I'm soon starting a round of town of salem, a mafia game, for those of us who can't log into archeage.

Come play games with friends and have fun.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

it lets me get it from fileplanet, oh wowoy wow wow

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Starting a new town of salem game for you guys.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Friend "ThirdWorld" and I can invite you into the game easily if you are on my friends list. I don't see you online though via the other invite method.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Pavlov posted:

It just says invite sent also I think I'm a godfather now

Ahaha you may be in your own game. When I invite you to a match, you get a pop up in notifications in the bottom right. You then join it that way.

• Locked thread