Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I patched my game yesterday. Looked at my character that atrophied 4 months ago. No land, no mail, no idea where I left my quests. Felt free to start fresh.

I processed 2000 mushrooms and 400 cultivated ginsing I had in my bank into stacks of medicinal powder and logged off. How do I get back into this lovely lovely game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hey, we didnt know it would turn out like this.

We didnt know...

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I had an extra 10 hours this weekend and wanted to play something while high. I had forgotten how 'to the point' and rote questing and levelling in this game was.

Smoked a bowl, rolled a new character, and went on autopilot. This game is oddly peaceful in the lower levels. Saw trees, out in the wild, they wernt chopped down. Blew my mind.

But yeah... game is... ok. I think. But it is definitely simple.

Edit: ^^^^ They are bad at it.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

effectual posted:

Let he who has not molested cast the first stone...

Kay

*Throws cinderblock*

Edit: looking back and revisiting this game I see it was poo poo dressed in potential wrapped around rationalizing a lost 100$. The BFM event accelerated the implosion. In an alternate universe where he wasnt in the game, we all would have jumped ship 3 months in when the starter sub ran out. A shame. Game was fun and novel during early access when everyone was equal.

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jul 3, 2015

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Another credit card obviously.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I tried ArcheAge for a couple of hours recently and then quit. The novelty of the class system hardly saved the... everything else. What even was ArcheAge trying to be? Is it a large world PvP game? Is it a resource management game? Is it a PvE focused game? Nobody loving knows because the game itself couldn't even decide.

It was pretty anime princess Farmvill for my founders time and Boat Physics Simulator 2014.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Roflan posted:

If I were a married to or son/daughter of a millionaire, I could easily see myself spending tens of thousands on a p2w MMO. But I would hope I wouldn't be playing MMOs if I were a millionaire...

I think this is the target demographic.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Chomp8645 posted:

I had to google "Archeage map" to make that joke btw.

Good jokes sometimes requires work.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Should gather up an oral history and condense it down to a major effort post. A fun rememberance of the good times and the bad times.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
There is a population of goons that rove every early access, near launch, exclusive and hardcore multiplayer videogame like a mysterius band of barbarians. Raze and pillage the server for a few months and move on to the next korean mmorpg. There hasnt been one on the scale of AA since... well Archeage. Just gotta wait for the next terrible game to come out.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The same thing as every 30$ f2p game:

1) "lookit these pubbie tears" *post chat log*
2) "lookit these forum posts by these mental cases" *post link to official forums*
3) The balance is hosed, lets tell the devs *gets banned*

Its a nice wild west again.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

What do you not like about Archeage? Is there anything specifically I should avoid? Without saying the game itself. I just want to get a dude to the level cap and then call it good. There is no such thing as interesting end game content in an MMO.

I feel like you have achieved some sort of MMOHMO nirvana. Teach me your ways.

Archeage has a really light, poppy, themepark ride feel durring leveling. The quests keep pace with the mobs and you are moving through zones at a good pace.

What race you pick heavily influences your story-mode main quest. If you care about that, I think the Asian race is about a revenge kungfu tale and the White race is maybe some thing about killing a guy in his own house and thats okay because you are the chosen one.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

I just hit level 50 but I am not sure where I am suppose to go now?

From there it seems like you can get on the crafted gear treadmill of progression.

I'm sorry, endgame was a mess when I was in for launch. The only option seemed to get into whatever sandbox corner and be content either clicking on cotton bundles, playing Auction House Simulator 2008, or feeding mats into a guild leader so he can play BIS roulette.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

I can't yet, i've come this far. I can only reach level cap on lovely dead MMORPGs and so I have to do it for this one.

noble goal, I wish you well

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Payimg online bills with online gold feels satisfying to some people. Dont shame the credit-score simulator audience.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I've been chasing that white tiger since the troubles.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Acheage, the gift that keeps on giving. This truly is a Christmas miracle.

Shout out to you poor mentally ill bastards braving the bombed out ruins of this terrible game and community. Like the 3 reporters left in Kabul, long after funding ran dry and ratings fell off.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just keep moving forward with the leveling path. Quest xp is hella high and the breadcrumb trail is straightforward.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

nazca posted:

I've tried to do trade runs 3 times. Twice I was ganked by greens and once by the Pirate faction. All three times they were in a merchant ship. This was interesting to me as a ship choice. Were they running it just to attract fights? Or maybe because it's the only ship that another merchant ship wouldn't immediately run from and it has a radar?

Havin' plenty of fun though.

You got it basically. It is the fastest class of ship that has a radar. Since piracy is focused on the seizure of goods, the extra cannons from the [bigger class] of ship doesn't come into play. It also has the required storage space to ship the freshly stolen cache of goods.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Huh, something up with the thread.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Another post should get the page count up

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Another one

Edit: a while back something something Radium software, so the thread is broken because an admin accidentally or intentionally deleted all someone's posts. Now wherever that ghost cursed poster used to post, Spooky things happen.

If you get "page cannot be found" post three times to drive the skeletons away.

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 15, 2017

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I can only hope that after the next page this thread dies from no one caring enough to ward the PCOS Bill spirits away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Meskhenet posted:

So it gives the p2w nothing to do while the rest play catch up for a month, because they have end game items within 3 days of the server opening?

The next 87 days of being on top is why the p2w crowd bought into the fresh server. Can't flex about having an item of import if it becomes attainable to EVERYONE.

• Locked thread