Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
You know what you can't put on there? Good taste in games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

PCOS Bill posted:

It's a 50% chance on those regrades isn't it? That's not exactly unlikely odds

How cute.

This is the most up to date table I could find. See how high the chance to just destroy your thing is with every one of those steps. Of course it's possible but it's very unlikely and nobody goes that high unless they're hacking or just have tons of money to burn. And if you actually do have the money to burn odds are you were hacking to begin with.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 8, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I like how I would've actually gotten the piece of farm land I wanted if it wasn't for hackshield and that probably would've kept me playing longer.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Nien posted:

Oh hey wow, a content post in this thread.

What have I become? :negative:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Oh good I've always wanted to play Wildstar mixed with Dirty Bomb and it's also somehow a MOBA. There is no combination of three words that I want to play less. Also it's Trion so it's a cash grab on top of all of that.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Deki posted:

I think Archeage has less players, but said players have spent a shitload more on the game.

I wouldn't count on it. Both games had fairly heavy duping going on early on. CREDD in Wildstar, APEX in Archeage. People who got in early and were willing to cheat a bit won't ever have to pay for the game again and will have a ton of money from selling that poo poo. So it's hard to tell.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
They're not merging, they're evolving, get it right.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Good news though, there are no auth or land grab issues in literally any other game.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I laughed when the guy in the video said "now this is what makes Devillian unique" and didn't end his sentence with "literally nothing". I think I should just stop playing MMO, Skyforge turned out to be a bit of a wet fart too.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I wasted a minute every day for seven days to get the token fir the permanent giant eagle or whatever it was mount. It still can't fly. preorder canceled.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
That's not flying then that's falling with style :downsrim:
Makes it less lovely but we also already have things that do that.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I couldn't even play if I wanted to. Since I switched to Windows 10 Glyph keeps crashing with some error I can't be arsed to figure out how to fix. Thank you Windows 10.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It seems to me like Koreans just have a higher tolerance for tedious bullshit but then again there are lots of games from other parts of the world that are also full of tedious bullshit. To once and for all find an answer to this I propse we fund an institute where young people with special video game playing powers can learn to control and put them to good use. We could call it the X-Men-Children. Dibs on being Patrick Stewart, that giant rear end room that's just a monitor and you get to control it with your brain is sweet.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
There are way too many clicker games on there and also loving Dying Light Demo. How the gently caress are that many people playing a demo for a game that's that old? I just don't get what's going on here.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Also there's still the bullshit labor system and the problem with the elite owning all the land but at least now the servers are empty enough that normal people may actually be able to snag a plot or two. And the massive problem that there still doesn't seem to be much to do come endgame, it's the same people doing the same events as they come up over and over. I just stuck around for a bit after getting my free armor and not much seems to have changed and I'm already getting bored again.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
And completely killed their reputation. I mean to the point where they hired a guy to patrol the Steam forums telling people that they know they hosed them over but honestly this time you can totally trust them and that guy getting shat on by pretty much everybody except one or two idiots. Can't imagine that all the whales have run off but they seem desperate nonetheless.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Dunno if they actually got a new guy but I remember reading a statement from the CEO around the time things went to poo poo about catering to the whales and gently caress everybody else. I mean yeah you gotta cater to the whales but you also need to not gently caress over everybody else since whales need an audience to lord all their poo poo over.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It's true that it's pretty easy to keep your houses going, make tons of money and get everything you want. After you have like four accounts with the farm freighter and keep them premium from the ungodly amounts of gold you make from running trade convoys once or twice a day. That's boring as gently caress and requires tons and tons of grinding, multi boxing and/or real money investment. Not Star Citizen levels but probably a couple hundred.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Taxes get more expensive if you own three or more? More than three? Dunno something with three. Other than that no, the limit is your credit limit, if you can space it out over multiple accounts it may be better at some levels just more of a hassle. This is the situation now you've got a few people owning entire compounds, I've seen some taking up half a housing zone and seriously if you manage it well there's no reason not to since at that point you're printing money. I mean earlier today I saw someone drive a seven freighter deep trade convoy.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
If you just want to gently caress around it's probably fine, the terrible part comes with everything beyond that. RNG stacked on top of more RNG, it's the Inception of RNG, you have to pass so many layers of rolls to get to what you actually want and most of them can just outright destroy your base item. That being said the part where you run trade convoys or just quest out in the wild and get jumped by someone who paid for good gear will probably not happen anymore since the game is virtually dead and the few people that have the best poo poo have better things to do than loving with you.

Trion is also really bad with lots of things too numerous and tedious to get into so at the very least don't get too invested.

I would recommend bringing some friends along if you're into fishing though, no clue how the oceans look these days but you'll be a big fat target alone and probably die. Also I wouldn't really bring anyone into this game, I'm not that cruel.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
4k that's really cute. It's more like 20 from what I've seen and that's one item. Also keep in mind that that amount of money takes you at least a week, likely two and that is if you have patron and feel like doing nothing but trade runs with all your labor.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well on Kyrios you're not getting it that cheap, I checked some poo poo. Also everybody is dumping land right now because the expansion will bring new zones and the price will plummet even further. It's loving great watching the land barons try to get rid of their huge compounds for the price of a piece of best in slot gear but nobody who actually has that much cash is buying land because they know better so they're there spamming trade day in day out and when you ask them about buying a single piece of land they're all offended because it's a unit and no way they're splitting it up it kills the value. Honestly this is a great time if you just want to gently caress around for a bit and have a house, gently caress, give it three more weeks and you'll be able to snag empty land on the highest pop servers.

Still doesn't make the game good but being able to actually have a house could be a big draw for some people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Those are amazing and 4k is seriously cheap, I'm jealous, haven't seen one for under 6 on Kyrios.

• Locked thread