Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

So apparently the leader of Wicked is selling off all the guilds stuff for real cash :)

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?168345-How-to-buy-a-castle-%28Aranzeb%29

And they say there is no fun left in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

pretty much there. Im sure some of the more populated servers you might actually have to speak to someone to get land.

Not unusual on the lower pop servers to log in and find all the land about your farm/house suddenly availble.

Now with the 'you can only have 2 unbuilt properties' rule land horders either have to build them (and run the risk of losing gold on the construction costs) or let them go to someone who wants them.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Its farmville in 3d. And that is just the business model.

The actual game itself has some gems hidden deep within, but you will never find them.

If you aren't prepared to pay the game is pretty much unplayable. Im pretty sure the only people left are those that had the founders packs and have got themselves in the position where they can survive off buying apex with gold. (and the odd whale that is probably living under the sunken fallacy).

If XLgames let someone with actualy coding knowledge fix the game it might have a chance. As long as Trionworlds no longer held the rights in the western world.
(so nope, its not a good game)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Bashez posted:

Can you still make a shitload of gold by buying stacks of 100 of something and selling them in stacks of 2 or 3 for double the price netting you like 30s/labor profit? It was not hard at all to make the apex/labor pot money when I was playing.

probably not double. A lot of gold was removed fromt he game through the regrading crap they had.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

The community reward is causing so many tears. I swear 90% of the fun from this game comes from reading the forums.

At least Trion knows how badly they screwed up and are offering this to players. (which is like two wrongs making a right in trions eyes. Seriously how can a company manage to be this bad?)

Community Appreciation Gift

As a big thank you for your patronage in ArcheAge, we’ve added a free in-game gift to your account.

In addition to the items below, when Update 1.7 goes live, you will be granted one Reward Token per Aquatic Archeum Supply Crate purchased. A Reward Token may be redeemed in Mirage Isle as direct trade for most previous Supply Crates, Chests and Gift boxes that have been available on the Marketplace since the launch of ArcheAge.

Your gift (expires March 31st):

1 Cyanfin
1 Glider Customization: Starlit Wings
1 Ayanad 7-Day Pass: 1st Floor Lobby
1 Ayanad 7-Day Pass: 2nd Floor Lobby
1 Ayanad 7-Day Pass: 3nd Floor Lobby
5 Bound Worker's Compensation
2 Bound Vocation Tonic
30 Bound Golden Library Indexes
10 Bound Tyrenos's Indexes
10 XP Boost Potions
1 Lucky Sunpoint
1 Lucky Moonpoint
1 Lucky Starpont
1 Sunlight Archeum Essence
1 Moonlight Archeum Essence
1 Starlight Archeum Essence

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

ShadowMoo posted:

Haven't played this game in a while, but do you have to pay to get into the ayand library? What's this lobby BS?

no the library is regular content. Lobby? who knows but im invested in this game to the degree that i cant even remember the name of my guild unless i log in.

I have how ever farmed everything for the car myself (other than the mysterious garden powder, because gently caress the combat in the game is dull), and just waiting on the stupid timber coupe to be released. Then i can leave knowing i won.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

So is this worth trying out now that it's on Steam.

Yes, it is 100% worth trying it out, but before you start make sure you buy the $150 starter pack and maybe top up a few hundred $$$ in credits.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

But there is rumblings that in the next big patch they will make pirate titles only for pirates. Which means if you return to faction you cant use your faster swim title.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

This game is pay to win though.....

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

trion is twice the retard if not more.

I am not actually sold on this. There is no way a company this bad could stay afloat this long making this many gently caress ups.

I am beginning to believe that all of this is planned. Trion aren't retarded, trion are A grade trolls.

(or they are just increadibly lucky to still be a float....)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Aion everyone has wings

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Played L2 for a long long time, never looked at L1

With how crap most (All) mmo's are these day maybe it is time to look into it.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah the bots in L2 were rampant, infact on the server i was on you were considered legit if you 'watched' your bots. I still managed to get main and 3 subs to max lvl without botting though.

And dropping items was pretty much done away with gradually. Then when you could enchant them with pvp or whatever that was so they couldnt be traded/dropped it was pretty much a signal that bots had won.

If you wanted to grief, chronical 3 i think was probably the last time you could.

If you died to a mob you could still drop armour and inventory items, but not an equipped weapon.

It was also the catacombs. Tight spaced rooms with 4x hp mobs.

Hardest part was going red killing bots to get enough mobs to train onto other bot groups.
(and mobs still followed you till they killed you or you got far enough away they couldnt see you. None of this I'm giving up because you stepped out of my pathing radius crap they have now)

I think i had a red spellhowler to clear a room, then would log my treasurehunter in to fake death and hopefully pick up some free loot.
(I logged into a free account for L2 a week ago. I love the game still, but cant do mouse to move anymore. If they upgrade the engine to WSAD, i honestly think i would go back and dust off my main account and if they would let me change my main from warrior to summoner, god i was retarded for not chosing that T.T)

As for AA, ncsoft never hosed over the players in such a systematic and unsubtle way like trion has been doing in AA.
L2 was brutal in that loses often meant you quit the game (super rich, i still had to farm my own mats to craft..... and failed 5 Arcana Maces in a row, bye bye 11 months of work). So most of the changes made the game easier for people to play, but still had the difficulty if you wanted it.

Archage is just pure poo poo. If you want something now, credit card it.
Need archeum to craft...... (which you do), well, guess youll be buying the rng boxes for real money.

The griefing in L2 as risky as well. If you went red people would come and hunt you (reds dropped loot on death). And if you were training and something went wrong, you would die to your own train.

Griefing in Archage is abusing glitches and poorly implemented physics, there is no risk doing it and i dont see how it is fun (unless it takes a lot of people to organise and pull off.. like full blockades).

There was (maybe still is) a game in L2 if you want to play it. AA is just a money making scam. (that has some potential hidden way way down in the terrible code somewhere)

And completely off track, the best PVP i have enjoyed has been GW2. Can roll a lvl 1 and go to the battefields and still have fun, or run on your main and do some wildly stupid poo poo that manages to work (like downing on a cliff and fearing your attackers off the cliff to their death and your rebound)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

Remember when the $150 Silver per-order package was #1 on Steam sales for like a week?

lol they made bank off this lovely game

Everyone i know that played this has either
a) sold their accounts and recouped any money they spent.

or

b) did a credit card chargeback and got back any money they spent.

I have no idea why people still spend money on this game.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

That sucks :/

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

What you are missing witht he mergers is that they are canning 6 servers, but making 4 new ones.

I repeat

they are canning 6 servers because there isnt enough players on them,

and making 4 servers that are somehow going to be magically filled to the brim with players.

(exactly how they are going to keep the players that dont get their land back remains a complete mystery that they totally even refuse to pretent they consider, but hey..)

And this is because their original plans of only canning 4 servers and making 3 new ones didnt fit their numbers...

They also claim they will monitor the land rushes, but then again they are claiming that people will actually be able to log in (which all of the previous major events have shown is definetly not something to count on.)

The next few weeks in AA will be glorious. I wonder if you can bet on this going smoothly somewhere.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Uziduke posted:

Since HS is going away, does thta mean we cna now run more than one client on a PC? That was one of my main issue about the game.

From what i have read, it is already gone and yes, people are multi-clienting quite well.

One thing about the game is that it takes up very little resources when minimised, (but takes way more than it needs when running)

Wonder if there will be any hack/bot protection at all for the new servers. lol, my guess is no as they want people to be able to log in.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

People were running a VM as well in order to get 2 clients running on 1 machine.

personally i couldnt see the point unless you are like those guys doing 3 toons on wagons running packs, but seriously, youd be spending all your time organising and farming that poo poo, why bother.

My thoughts were always

if you didnt have those extra 2 accounts, you wouldnt need to run trade packs 24/7 to buy the apex to support the extra two accounts.

But i guess thats what these guys liked to do.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Eonwe posted:

someone told me there is a fresh start server coming out for this, but they still have all the pay to win and cash shop poo poo in it

so why are they adding a server after they are closing other servers

They are closing 6 servers, merging these into 3. Pretty much new start other than the fact that you will have all your gear and any land you have now will be packaged so that you can place it and it is pre built (ie, all the land hackers will own everything in 1-2 minutes of server going live)

The fresh start server everyone starts at lvl 1. Apparently they think people have been asking for this. But like you say, there is all the pay to win still in it, and they have made no effort to deal with the hack/cheats that made the other servers pieces of crap.

You will also need to rush the story quests as the 16x16 trade run quest is now a lvl 30 quest.

I wonder if they have fixed the issues with certain story quest mobs/interactives only being able to be done by one person at a time.

I remember those que's to do the quests lol.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I still read the AA forums. There are people that will defend this game to the death. I wonder how much money they have sunk. haha. Fishing planet, early access..... yeah its still probably better than AA.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Dasyati posted:

Longboards are the gift that just keeps on giving. I just found out you could do this today.

And thank god you can still put tradepacks on 'em too

The cars do that too, however if you do it right, you can end up with a dead duck or chicken riding shogun.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Carol Pizzamom posted:

in most games stuff like that is server side, because theres no real performance benefit to the client rolling those dice. i kind of doubt they hacked that

but if they did it's especially funny. in fairness, i think you could set your own HP in this game, so

Yes, most games

Not archeage.

Yes you could set your own HP, you could even give yourself the invincible buff that you got from around the Nui statue, all while flying through the air attacking randoms at will (it didnt disable combat for you).

There are still teleport hacks where you load up a hauler with tradepacks, throw one on your back, unsummon the hauler and then telport right next to (or usually underneath if it is a pvp zone) the trader.

Welcome to archeage.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Im sure i read on the offical forums that someone (it comes from reddit) on the PTS has data mined the compensation packs they are planning on giving people for the merge.

Its like 3x 1k lp pots and 150 tax certs

loving lol if this is true.

Edit- holy gently caress

Celestrata--- "The compensation packs listed there are old and are subject to change. Remember, after our initial discussion, we took the community feedback back to XL and have continued our discussions. "

trion was going to give 3 pots and 150 certs.
HAHAHAHHA

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Sep 9, 2015

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

The thing is, there was no community feedback as they never released the proposed contents of the packs. These were data mined.

Do you have to take a bullshit test in order to get employed by trion or do you learn that once they start giving you money.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

swim416 posted:

FYI we are now in a period of Trion High Alert. Over the next 48 hours they are merging servers, bringing new servers online, and deploying a new version of the client.

Obviously Trion is good at all of these things and there will be no drama. And they promise to crack down on hackers!

Their track record is spotless! I for one will be pressing the login button at exactly the time they said the servers will be up and will be the first to get all the lands.

Who am i kidding, I will be reading the forums, i am almost excited for the tears that flow.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Wow, at least they are consistent (with only 10% of people able to log in after an update) , i mean we can give them that right?

Right?

But i am surprised they did a rollback though. Maybe they are at least semi aware of how many players they have lost due to the mergers and know they cant lose many more.

Trion really is the company that keeps on giving.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

holy moly, they raised the prices?

In a climate of everyone else lowering prices?

Trion never fails to surprise.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

The Bunny posted:

Important ArcheAge Account Notification

Greetings Adventurer,

You may have recently noticed an accidental reactivation of your ArcheAge subscription. As we were celebrating our release of Update 2.0, we offered everyone 7 days of free patron time to come and enjoy the world of Erenor. Unfortunately, this free time triggered a bug that accidentally restarted ArcheAge subscriptions for anyone who had their subscription end due to failed payments. Your account was one that was affected, and we’re sorry about this surprise!

Our team has already cancelled your subscription, and we are issuing a refund to your account immediately. No action is required from you in order to receive this refund, and it will appear on your statement within 2 to 3 business days. At the same time, our team has caught the bug that caused this, and we’re currently working on fixing it to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

If you ever have any questions regarding your account, please contact us at http://support.trionworlds.com. If you want to make edits or changes to your account, visit our account management website at http://store.trionworlds.com.

We hope you are doing well, and having fun in the games you are playing! May Nui smile upon you!

Sincerely,

- The ArcheAge Team

Mother fuckers charged my account.

You didnt remove every scrap of payment info you could?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

but using the unintentional mechanics of spawning invinsible rowboats when stealing packs at wharfs is still A OK right?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

hakimashou posted:

Do whatever you want, the worst thing that can happen is that you get banned from ArcheAge

temp ban, lol do they ever do perm ones? (not like you cant ask a gm to just tranfer all your poo poo over to another toon, i mean guild mates, if you did get a perm ban....

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Was talking to someone tonight and brought up AA. I went over to their forums to see what was new.

There are new server transfers? lol (or did i just read what someone else mis-read)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Sunken cost fallacy,

So yes.

(not me though. i bailed as soon as i made my car)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Galaxy Pig posted:

So, tell me about the griefing that goes on in this game. :3

There is also using inbuilt game play mechanics that will get you banned because.... (no reason anymore, just gets you banned) so no more using your labor to plant trees on roads to stop haulers.

no more using haulers to make blockades

No more pulling aggro mobs to destroy haulers.

So pretty much trion griefs you if you dare to play the sandbox like a sandbox

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Blocking and griefing was my main source of entertainment. Archeage used to be a salt factory second to none.

When you aren't griefing your options are to just play the game and holy poo poo there is nothing else to do except make gold mindlessly and play "who swiped the credit card the most" in PVP. If I wanted to grind endlessly for tiny incremental character improvements I'd still be playing Perfect World International.

I've deleted my Archeage install for... I want to say the third time? This time it's for good.

If you were a true griefer, you would have reported some of those for being racist LOL.

Sad to say, but if there ever was a private server for this game id try it out.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I just got sent this

never stop trion, never stop

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

but still dont ban bots.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

so who is reinstalling and logging in to save their name?

And how are the 'original' merged servers? are they they vibrant hive of activity that trion said they would be or the ghost towns that the players said they would be?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I said come in! posted:

The only high population server is still a ghost town. So the server mergers really didn't fix anything.

I would love to see the real data behind all their stupidity. How do you search for how many people are playing on steam?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

went looking at game spy.

Apparently about 1 million people added it to their steam account, but only half a mill ever hit play.

The most people on yesterday at the same time via steam was 1,480.

Thats probably less than there is land on a single server. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Okay this was worth logging back into for. The armor you get is actually cool looking and on females isn't creepy Korean armor.

So how much have you sunk in this already?

• Locked thread