Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

That Works posted:

DBRB being a cock? I never...

DBRB is a giant human being and should go back to grinding towers in EVE like the bitch he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Extra posted:

These are the people you share a guild with.

I don't play this game anymore. I stopped playing a couple months before it was out for everyone and sold my alpha copy to some goon about 3 weeks before it came out. I was also banned from the off site for posting on their forums that kewpah wasn't a bad guy. :iiam:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

tatersyum posted:

I was wondering why Kimsemus banned you. You gave us the joy of https://www.nekrage.com and are a goon hero.

Indeed. :patriot:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Flavahbeast posted:

also why would anyone even want to lead goon squad that badly, and why not just give it to them yall have gone through like six leaders in a month, worst thing that could happen is they somehow use their position as guild leader to make off with the guild bank

They want to be the next mittani

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Arrg is one of the people i explicitly and repeatedly told about bfm like 6 months ago

Arrg being a pedo defender and racist piece of poo poo who doesn't care? Color me surprised.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Some people derive their fun from "getting poo poo done" in a video game. Don't shame.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Someone actually named themselves valor after their guild valor? :vince:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Eonwe posted:

lol, everyone in this game is legit dumb

that is hilarious

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Widestancer posted:

How much cross contamination is there between EVE and AA goons

Probably a lot because this is a somewhat sandbox game without the awfulnessawesomeness of losing all your poo poo.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Digital Fingers posted:

I can think of a bunch of games where goons work together well and have lots of fun without to much drama but I don't think many of those groups started with the plan of "Give everything you earn to this 1 guy, trust us".

How do the EVE goons handle this stuff?

A bit of luck, trial and error, and pubbies from eve becoming goons. (see dbrb)

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

DirtyFalcon posted:

Iceland is actually a pretty neat place. Some of the clearest water in the world.

I found some of your stone bricks ^^

That looks amazing but I bet that water is still cold as gently caress even with a suit on.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

Besides all those materials, there are grades of items based on the skill levels used to gather them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eNokCaEeHA

Just try to watch that video.

During the crafting you may get events that gently caress with you even farther.

EDIT

Ore refining made easy

Amazing that someone managed to out do gregtech in minecraft and eve online crating.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2ld1bb/why_hasnt_nekrage_been_banned/

So apparently nekrage is still being an idiot and getting poo poo on. Also he apparently paid 600 bucks for this logo for his guild.

Doesn't surprise me though as he spent $300 for a trademark when I registered his name as a domain name and forwarded it to meat spin. I still own the domain name and it's still going to meat spin.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If anyone wants to take that logo and make some troll image out of it I'll change the forward to a website with it on it. I am sure that will piss him off more then his name.com going to meat spin. He might even try to trade mark the logo which would be epic.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Eonwe posted:

so dbrb & midge so far at least

dabigredboat is also an eve goon bigshot

so our EVE transplants into Archeage so far

2 powertripping assholes
1 pedophile

Widestancer posted:

How are these people in goon guilds if they never even post here

Dbrb is definitely not a goon. He is an eve player who became a goon. He was some lovely pubbie in one of Goonswarms ally corps that was really good at doing all the bitch work that no one wanted to lead and climbed his way up the ranks and eventually was let into goonwaffe proper because it was easier with the amount of command they gave him.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
reddit.txt

quote:

Thank you for westernizing one of the games I was most looking forward to for the past couple years. Thank you for providing me the most fun I've had in an MMO since when Burning Crusade released. Thank you for releasing a game in which I spent hours upon hours to work my way up from (8x8 -> Cart -> 16x16 -> Merchant Ship -> 24x24 -> Fishing Boat). And finally THANK YOU for loving ruining all of that while I was taking a nap you money hungry bastards.

-One of Archeage's biggest fans, gently caress Trion.
http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2lnmtc/message_to_trion/

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Angela Christine posted:

Yeah, it's possible he's a scumlord, and it's possible he's an idiot. If it was me I wouldn't come here to defend myself either, that never ends well, lol.

Seriously though, if you want to see cognitive dissonance in action, join goonswarm and read the scams section. It is baffling the poo poo average people fall for.

Work any customer support job and you won't be surprised by what avg people fall for.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

snodig posted:

http://youtu.be/vp8v44iriyU

A new korean MMO. Let's hope Trion secure the contract to run it here.

What a sweet single player game that could be.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Arcade posted:

If we want to avoid disappointment, we'd just have to give up on the genre.

Wows ok if you're not into sandbox stuff.:shrug:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Aren't there two bobfrommarketings and the current one playing eve isn't the pedo from here?

Of course digi looks like a super creep. Fits what he does in game.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

This game to be good.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Eonwe posted:

guild wars 2 is way better than archeage tho

at least you aren't locked out of everything by not being a sub

I played Guild Wars 2 for a few days when it came out. I played ArchAge alpha for at least a month before selling my alpha pack. I must be a broken human being.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

APEX isn't an "item" in the usual sense. It's a voucher that costs the purchaser the same or a little extra real currency as a month of subscription. It can then be traded to another person for gold or whatever and then redeemed for one month's subscription time on the account that activates it. It's basically a sanctioned method of gold selling that some MMO companies use to cut out the black market.

They have the same thing in EVE Online and there are only three reasons why the price would rocket through the roof. The first is speculation, which I doubt is the case here on any scale compared to EVE. The second is rapid inflation, and I have no idea if that's case here or not. The third and most likely reason is simple supply and demand. If a lot of people want to play for free and few people want to pay extra in exchange for gold, the prices climb. If the price is exploding then it means fewer and fewer want to pay their subscriptions with real cash so the increasing small amount of sellers can charge higher and higher prices.

Except unlike archeage. When the price gets out of hand ccp will inject plex into the ah from banned accounts.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Firstborn posted:

Well, break it down for me!

Fishing

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

hakimashou posted:

did anybody ever end up capturing castles from each other?

Not when there was a real defense. Seeing as how the walls are using 1.8 patch health values and expecting lv 55 players to attack them. And the cannons on top of the walls shoot farther then the ones on the ground do and do a poo poo load of damage.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I still have friends who somehow prefer this game over wow. And say it's still lots of fun. I don't understand.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

they are probably pedophiles

Probably not. They don't play with goons.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Meskhenet posted:

Its farmville in 3d. And that is just the business model.

The actual game itself has some gems hidden deep within, but you will never find them.

If you aren't prepared to pay the game is pretty much unplayable. Im pretty sure the only people left are those that had the founders packs and have got themselves in the position where they can survive off buying apex with gold. (and the odd whale that is probably living under the sunken fallacy).

If XLgames let someone with actualy coding knowledge fix the game it might have a chance. As long as Trionworlds no longer held the rights in the western world.
(so nope, its not a good game)

Lol

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Bunch of entitled faggots in that general thread.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Eonwe posted:

WARNING FOR ANYONE GOING TO QUAKECON THIS YEAR: As a Dallas resident, BobFromMarketing will be going, I saw him post in r/quakecon

rest in poo poo

im still going because Quakecon owns tho

Will you hand him a pedo bear hat and walk away quietly?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

effectual posted:

Goddamn, why are asians so spergy? A target practice hp sponge boss shouldn't last longer than a couple minutes. 2 hours is ridiculous.

2 hours is nothing for spergy asians. Ffxi had a fight where the Japanese went 30 hours straight on it.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
More like people use lovely antivirus software and don't know how to work a computer.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I have nod32. Never had issues. I did sell my early access right before the game came out to the masses.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
You all just need to poo poo or get off the pot and pick one of the big 3 mmos(wow,ffxiv,gw2) to play or stop trying new ones as it just leads to disappointment every time.

Go back to your single player games. You'll have more fun there, I promise gentle goons.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
That video was awful and didn't tell us poo poo about the game.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

pvp just got added, but its terrible.

Isn't it a sandbox game? How can you have sandbox without pvp being good?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Are you seriously playing this game without hacking the poo poo out of it

How many times to you nerds have to be told, if you want a competitive game with good PvP don't play an MMO made by Koreans

Fixed that for you.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Byolante posted:

He was right, anyone who thinks mmos can have good pvp are suffering from razorfen downs syndrome

Wow does ok at their tournaments. You all have the same gear so it just comes down to class and skill. Sometimes the first being a bigger factor then the second. Also I hear gw2 is good pvp.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

bear is driving! posted:

I tried it. Despite what a lot of people say GW2's PVP is still really wonky. You need to spend a lot of time getting gear and learning your class or PvP will turn you right off. Also seeing as how 90% of sPvP is Necros and Mesmers that just gently caress your face in 2 seconds flat, it's a big turn off.

Which AA goon guild is the most active? I'm jumping back in and would like to play with goons.

I believe it's good because it's one of the only pvp mmo games that gear doesn't play a big factor in how well you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Bfm was in jeopardy?

• Locked thread