Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Fauxtool posted:

What is the state of non GS guilds on azanreb?

I cant be in GS because I keep getting banned on AAgoons despite not having played the game since the last time I was unbanned.

My Auroria thunderstruck tree venture was a success. The small seed money of 250g let me harvest 4 trees, 3 for myself, 1 to the donor.

Its sounds stupid and nigh unprovable, but could there be a cap on thunderstrucks per day? The rate was much better than when the massive illegal farms were in full swing.

Now that im flush with gold again, i think i want to play this terrible and fun game again

After the east goon guild dissolved, I have where we should go for a new home in a couple of goons suggested forestcrow. I was probably being trolled, but assuming I wasn't if youre an east goon you should probably hit them up. I'll be checking with them when I get home from work today myself, but I severely doubt you'll have a problem getting into forestcrow for obvious reasons. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
To all East goons who own a farm cart, what is your favorite route to take? I've been using arcum iris to villanelle with mild success but I feel like there's probably a better route out there to take

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Hey Kimsemus, I know its not my place to say this as I'm not even a west goon, but do you think you'd have more fun in archeage as an actual pirate?

I'm not saying you're wrong about anything, it just feels like you'd honestly have alot more fun as a full-on pirate and free to pillage and kill whoever you want.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Holy loving poo poo, gently caress looking for a guild, pirating is amazing and I'm going to try to become one ASAP. Me and a friend just decided to have a 100% non-carebear night, and we went on all sorts of crazy adventures. I'll post some highlights(note that we are both guildless east goons):

-Finding an AFK FC member (bigbo or something like that?) at an illegal aspen farm we found that was going mature in 2 hours and 50 minutes. He was at the literal edge between falcorth and rookborne, so I summoned my farmcart and navigated through a tree maze to get to him, pushed him off a cliff and into rookborne which was currently a combat zone, and my friend jumped down there and killed him. The best part? He had racked up a ton of crime points and was wanted, and once he died, he was sent to trial and got something like 286 minutes. Far more than enough to guarantee he couldn't get the illegal tree farm!

-Finding another huge illegal cedar tree farm with a couple greens waiting at it, but in a pve zone. The trees JUST started coming off their timers as we got there so we started competing with the pubbies to get all the trees.

And then this happens:

I respawned half across the map, and my friend freaked out and tapped F way too slowly, so some pubbie got the TS. We aren't even mad, just cracking up about the worst/best luck ever. And now we both know what it looks like the moment a tree becomes thunderstruck!

-Deciding to get on a clipper and go find random reds to kill out on the sea. My friend, who is only level 42 and was really hesitant to pvp with me, wound up almost soloing a level 50 before being killed by them and I came in to mop up. He got a huge boost a courage and we just started terrorizing the countryside once we reached cinderstone and killing anyone that moved(as well as a healthy serving of going to neutral towns and pushing AFK reds outside the protection of neutral guards with my farm cart and then killing them)

-Me seeing a red open up a portal to solzreed, and then testing to see if I could use it and not realizing the bad decision I just made until it was too late. I was plopped in the edge of solzreed and was immediately attacked by a goon and someone else, so I stunned the goon and teleported off the cliff and flew away. The goon of course, was quick on his feet and managed to keep up with me, eventually using mid air glider skills to attack me on mine and send me spiraling into the sea. The goon and his buddies caught up to me and unsurprisingly killed me quickly. HOWEVER, the (level 50 I may add)goon made the fatal mistake of following me to the nui statue and attempted to spawn camp me. I tried to /respect him(or her?) to let him know I didnt want to fight a goon, but no luck. He followed me out and tried to kill me, but I just turned around and tore him a new rear end in a top hat, and lassoed him back to me JUST as he was about to get back in the safe zone of the nui statue, securing the kill. If you are that goon and you're reading this, I apologize! I really didnt want to fight you, but you left me no choice.

-And finally, me and my friend ending the night by doing some more piracy out on the sea, stumbling out on some island houses and looking for free stuff, and seeing 3 wicked members transporting tradepacks to build a house. We both knew they would kill us easily, but we gave no fucks and dove right in. We actually managed to kill one and drop another to 15% HP before we both died. We would have went and tried to steal the packs again, but we were respawned in solzreed even though we were just outside solis.

Long story short, pvp and piracy is so loving fun, holy poo poo. We made no money whatsoever and died alot, but it was loving amazing. Earlier today, my stance on piracy was "I'm going to be one eventually, but let me carebear it up some and be able to afford stuff". But gently caress that, if this is the kind of poo poo pirates do everyday, count me the gently caress in. I don't care that I'm a poor and worthless scrub in poo poo gear, I had fun and will continue to have fun. How do I become a pirate, and who should I talk to/try to join up with about it?

e: also, the wicked member I killed was the final person hit at the end of the chain of hits from my tiger strike. I felt like the biggest loving badass on the planet oh god

e2:jesus christ I somehow forgot to mention that we also took trade packs to freedick even though we knew we would lose them. We were cut down by greens once we got there, but gained something much more valuable than the reward for a trade pack: recall points back to freedick! Pirate goons, be on the lookout for two guildless east scrubs who have no idea what they're doing. :kheldragar:

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 30, 2014

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Fauxtool, whats the reasoning on planting cedars for thunderstrucks?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Boy howdy it looks like I picked a really good time to decide to become a pirate

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

apseudonym posted:

Uh oh, Valor is mad at me, and I'm going to be in trouble? :ohdear:

Is this going on now? I'm going to just run in there and start attacking anyone without goon in their guild name.

e: that was a bad idea because I forgot I had like 200 crime points, whoops

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Oct 31, 2014

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
God drat Drinkfist. :stare:

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Trip report: my life of crime has me clocking in at 4 stolen trade packs so far. The first one I managed to steal on Friedrich island without even being a pirate and while dragging it through a pile of aussieage dudes who were all attacking me. The next 3 I stole was after I became a pirate but before a joining the pirate guild.

I'm loving loving every second of this and I'm not looking back at all. To all the Care Bears still on the fence about joining the fun side, trust me, you will not miss your old life one bit after you take the plunge.

Extra posted:

Yeah I mean having a ping CC combo spam contest is a really good PvP 10/10 would play again A+++

I can confirm that Extra is full of poo poo, don't listen to him at all. I'm complete poo poo at this game and I've made tons of kills so far and stolen all kinds of poo poo, and all I have is my single hasla sword and not even my hasla shield yet. He is completely wrong, go out there and get kills and have fun. You'll definitely see some poopsockers with 2-shot capabilities but the number of people you can actually fight far outnumber them.

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 1, 2014

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Dustoph posted:

Finally got this game to load after hours of tweaking with poo poo. Turns out when they say to turn off EVERY non-microsoft service and startup item, they meant it.

So now that I'm in, I notice the west isn't available for new characters. Is there a good spread of goons among the two sides?

No. :smith:

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Extra posted:

I play trade runs with this cool program called AutoHotKey you should try it.

Is that what you do when youre not busy dying to people who cant even 2 shot you? Your constant whining about freedick inspired me to go to it by myself, and I managed to steal a pack from some random dude in valor and then drag it though like 6 aussieage dudes all trying to kill me and I turned it in anyway.

Also I only have quest gear, a quest shield, and a hasla sword. I dont even have stealth or shadowplay. I went on to steal an additional 2 packs before I joined the pirate guild the next morning.

Thanks for being so bad that it inspired me to have fun, I guess. :v:

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Does this mean non 1% ers can now afford nice things like cutters and fishing boats?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Nah, I can confirm it has nothing to do with fish and is just fishing boats in general being hosed up. During Kim's fish raid we had a fishing boat traveling alongside our cutter and at some point it just killed my fps. Game was reduced to a slideshow as long as the fishing boat was around.

Not really. What all these doomsayers are still overlooking is that one of limiting factors in the production of fishing boats is gilda. Gilda can't be bought and for most people can only be slowly accumulated over time. Most people aren't gonna have 250 gilda on hand to get their own fishing boat.

Farm carts and farm wagons are gonna be everywhere now though since the wagon only takes 50 gilda.

I've got 130 saved up now and building up the supply. How many Gilda can you realistically get in a single day excluding turning in packs?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Sounds like it's time for me to do some more solo Friedrich camping. :getin:

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I feel really god drat bad for anyone who invested in ts trees and logs and planned on cashing out. :smith:

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Fauxtool posted:

Only a bit coiner would invest in a rising speculative item with no hard value. I said to buy apex with any spare money several threads ago. It's tied to actual dollars and is a safeguard against inflation

If anyone listened to you and is playing on aranzeb, they just made several shitloads of money. Apex has spiked up from 90g each to 140g each, its literally cheaper to buy apex and sell for gold than it is to buy from many goldsellers right now. Video game economics are hilarious.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I talked to jerkjerk today when he went on trial. My retard-slow reaction time just made me realize him being there means that there's possibly an east goon guild again.

If this is true, who do I sign up with because I'm still guildless.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

ohsosad posted:

Hey Umbreon you should do pack trading switches with some west goons and get super rich.

If you don't have a merchant ship you need to make friends with a guy that does and if you don't have land near the coast of solis get land there ( or a friend that has it) and you can be super rich like the rest of us.

East goons are actually super useful for making a poo poo tonne of gold since charcoal is the best commodity around now.

I unfortunately have no friends, no guild, and no (non-clipper)ship. Should I be saving up for my gilda stars for a merch ship at least instead of a fishing boat? I would absolutely love to help West goons in anyway I can.

Also, to the 1 random goon who I stole the trade pack from at Friedrich, I am really sorry, I didn't even know you weren't even level 50 yet. I promise I will do my best to pay goons back with the gilda stars I made from that pack. :unsmith:

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 9, 2014

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Hy_C posted:

AussieAge, TrapHouse, and BWTC have seemed liked a fun group of people from my interaction with them. Also I don't know if Feely is still playing but you could ask him.

Reporting my personal experience with the above mentioned east guilds:

AussieAge: after i went unpirate, i joined up with them. They seem very condensed in terms of how pubbielike they are, they can go from joking around in gchat to at each others throats because they literally keep killing each other in hasla. :stare:

They also did not like the fact that me and a friend stole a fishing boat from BWTC. BWTC went crying to a guild officer after me and a (unguilded and fresh 50) buddy managed to kill the crew of a BWTC fishing boat and steal it. Said officer whispered me sometime later wondering wtf i was thinking, and after he started explaining things about "FISHING PACTS" and "respect fishing", I saw the life of this thread flashing before my eyes and gquit. (I did say to tell BWTC that i was kicked for my heinous crimes)

Tl; dr: dont join aussieage if you plan on not respecting fishing. :v:

Traphouse: I saw a group of 6 traphouse dudes farming in hasla, so i tried to chat them up and see if they were recruiting. No responses from any of them. I figured they must be on mental autopilot from hasla grinding, so I ran into them middle of them, and spoke to the closest member by name and asked again. And was promptly ignored again.

I was later doing some arena matches and one of them (Pope, iirc) was on my team. I chatted him up and we were talking for a bit after the match. The moment I asked if traphouse had any recruiting policies, he promptly stopped responding to me and hasnt answered a whisper ever since. :smith:

Tl; dr: Im guessing they all intentionally ignored me for a reason unknown to me. Maybe theyll care about you enough to respond to you if youre geared or something?

BWTC: The crew we killed started making death threats to me and my friend when they spotted us on the villanelle docks after we ran off from the fishing boat. Forestcrow dudes, BWTC and like 2 other guilds all showed up in clippers and a loving galleon to swarm us (yes, all that for 2 ungeared scrubs on a clipper) after we killed another one of the people who were angrily chasing us into ynystere. i desummoned my boat as a harpoon was midair to catch us, and we made it on to land and sped away.

Tl; dr: do not join BWTC unless you dont mind FISHING PACTS and "please respect fishing". Also make sure you dont mind your guildmates being so mad about fishing that they will literally call in 4 guilds, a fleet of clippers and a galleon to try and kill 2 ungeared 50s on a clipper. (And still gently caress it up and let them escape)

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I currently see long liners available for like only 400 gold under the cost of a merchant ship. Considering the price difference is 250 Gilda Stars vs 400 shouldn't i like just save up only 250, buy the long liner plans, and then use the money from selling them to be only 400-500ish gold away from a merchant ship while only having had to save up 250 Gilda?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Umbreon posted:

I currently see long liners available for like only 400 gold under the cost of a merchant ship. Considering the price difference is 250 Gilda Stars vs 400 shouldn't i like just save up only 250, buy the long liner plans, and then use the money from selling them to be only 400-500ish gold away from a merchant ship while only having had to save up 250 Gilda?

They very next night I say this, 8 new longliner designs pop up onto the AH, and the price drops 800g. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

balistafreak posted:

Does that make me a roleplayer?

No, but it makes me incredibly jealous of west goons. :negative:

• Locked thread