Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
So I decided that being a spellcaster in this game sucks, so I started an alt to do Archery. All my friends have told me I'm dumb for not just leveling Archery/Shadowplay on my current character, but when I point out that questing to level is much faster than waiting for labor and doing tradeskills they all give some variation of "ehhhh".

Am I actually missing something here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Morglon posted:

They still seem to hover above 300 but people have been selling them in trade chat for as "low" as ~280 per log so depending on the time of day the price fluctuates quite a bit. Seeing as how farm carts and fishing boats help you make money so much faster than just not having them it seems somewhat fair. I expect that price to go up though with Auroria because everybody and their mom will start getting farm wagons.

Don't farm wagons require an entire Thunderstruck tree + a bunch of other crap? I thought they were going to be a "rich get richer" kind of thing, not a common item.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

bathroomrage posted:

I was playing this game and it was fun to be able to tie people up with a skill rotation that made them unable to do anything but be stuck in an infinite CC loop but then when I went to investigate goon guilds to join I learned that they screamed at each other a lot and defended a kiddyfucker and then decided maybe I'll just play FFXIV instead and stick to Chivalry for my pubby tears.

It's possible to play a game without goons. You can even play on a totally different server and never see them!

In terms of the ratio of tears/effort, I haven't found anything better than getting in a clipper and pushing around rowboats in the Two Crowns lake.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

Eminai posted:

Isn't importing drama against the rules though? I mean, poo poo, probate him for a low effort post or something if you don't want to ban him for drama importing. I just want a readable ArcheAge thread, why are people acting like this is such an unreasonable request?

This thread was readable until you started posting in it.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

The very fastest way to level costs money. Wait until you have max labor, pop a vocation tonic, buy some moonlight archeum dust, a bunch of wedges, evenstones, and iron, cloth or leather. Craft a bunch of iron, leather or cloth sleeves. Break them down to the the archaeum back. Craft them again. Repeat until you run out of labor or lose your mind. It works, but then you'll be a penniless level 50 wearing level 20 gear, so it's not perfect.

There's another way to level quickly that makes money. Going off the coast of Cinderstone and mining Starshards has worked really well for me. It can be kind of hit or miss, because if Cinderstone is at peace the place will be swamped but otherwise people can kill you. I usually go when there's low Danger. Glider out there, scope it out before you pop your Dahuta's Bubble potion and Vocation Tonic. Usually there'll be some 50s around, but I found as long as you don't directly compete with them for nodes they won't go out of their way to kill you. If someone does show up to PK you, there's plenty of crafting benches in town so you can fall back on the crafting plan.

Then next time you max out on labor, you can turn all the Starshard Chips you'll have into Starshard Ingots and sell them on the AH. It's not a ton of money, but it offsets the cost of the Vocation and Worker's Comp potions.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

You probably will want that alt, though. Harpoon clippers are nice, and you can get the blueprint just from the Gilda you get from the storyline.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

hey what I want to know is why can't you just fish in like a small lake or something, or on a a river, and role play your dad experience, so you never encounter the seamen? thanks.

You can do this, but then I'll come along in my clipper and capsize your rowboat.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

ok let's assuem i have a galleon and i'm fishing with that. inside of a pond.

A classy thing to do and I approve.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

All four are now placed on Ollo. Managed to port over and place an 8x8 on the first castle that went down. Didn't manage to get a house down in Nuimari for the forth even though I was actually there and camping that one.

I might be done with this game. Being a pirate was cool, but my friends and I haven't gone hunting in over a week now.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

Deki posted:

Ollo was depressing. East faction could have easily claimed at least 2 spots but 3 large Eastern guilds decided to pull some bullshit on the others and then proceeded to then lose their own packs like retards. East was outnumbered so goddamn bad that we needed cohesion to get anything.

e: plus side the largest fishing guild on the server is now completely KOS to us so free fish I guess.

I mostly can't believe that Tractor Team Six actually does things other than roadblocks. Props to them.

EDIT: I had that disconnect issue too. Restarting it didn't fix it, but spamming login attempts did. Really sucks for anyone who still isn't on after things are over.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

tatersyum posted:

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT? Did TT6 really get a castle?

TT6 on Ollo got the second castle I think? Maybe the third?

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

Eonwe posted:

As someone with more than 4 properties, I really think the land issue wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue if they had made the tax rate far higher than it is. I've had up to 8 properties at a given time and I never once really felt the increased taxes that bad. Taxes should really ramp up beyond 2-3 properties.

The logic of having a F2P game where one of the biggest perks for subscribing is land ownership, but making land intentionally scarce seems weird to me. Do the Korean/Russian games have the same payment structure?

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

The forums are back up.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

angerbot posted:

Not even remotely

Was for like 5 minutes. Nothing more in the update thread past "2-3 hours" they said earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

Atlasesque posted:

Wait, what? You don't pay taxes on properties after 10?

The penalty for having multiple properties stops increasing at 10. So you'll have to pay for new properties but your taxes on old properties don't go up any more.

• Locked thread