Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Mimetic posted:

Don't farm wagons require an entire Thunderstruck tree + a bunch of other crap? I thought they were going to be a "rich get richer" kind of thing, not a common item.

Only a log, some lumber, and iron really. Only took ~6~ people from my guild a day of not upgrading armour and weapons to get our first one, probably going to get another today as well. Only 1 of us is over lvl 40 atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Eonwe posted:

That is a farm cart, the farm wagon has 4 trade pack slots and requires two thunderstruck trees

O snap, thats the one they're going to put out on Nov 14th (iirc)?

Thats pretty expensive. They upgrade from the cart right? b/c i don't know what i'm going to do with the thing if they don't.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I like killing random people who are questing just because I can. IRL i'm a literal stalin, hitler, genghis khan chimera beast though so keep that in mind.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I've got this weird sound problem maybe you guys could clue me in on: everytime i click this thread a loud sustained fart noise begins blaring out of my speakers, unplugging them/muting my sound doesn't seem to help. I don't understand.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

sword_man.xmas posted:

have you checked on the state of the goonion

just checked goonion.ini and the text field was just a link to a pig making GBS threads on its own balls

deleted the file, fart noises have stopped. ty for the assist.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I'm not in GS but why don't you guys just do a weekly membership tax or something? All members pay 50 gold a week or equivalent in raw materials to a slush fund and then keep the difference for themselves.

My guild funnels all their money to me and it works fine but we're only ~12 people and have know each other for a while; I don't think this stuffs viable with a large amount of people b/c this kind of stuff takes trust and if the trust isn't there poo poo falls apart fast. Expecting people to give their time and elf gold to someone they don't have a relationship with past "They also payed 10$" seems like a great way to build resentment.

idk just free styling over here.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

apseudonym posted:

Because that's some pubbie poo poo

Goons are just pubbies who gave lowtax 10$. We're not masons or blood brothers or w/e and Games and LP is the biggest source of new members for the forums.

My post was pointed at anyone in GS who still thinks goon communism is workable after all the goonfucking and splintering that has gone on. If you wanted that poo poo to work it would have had to have been a tax because even if a goon took the treasury and high tailed it it would have been a pretty small percentage of what you guys are able to bring in.

Kimsemus' plan of not giving a gently caress and just playing to have fun and make people mad is the only realistic plan you can have when it comes to coordinating with goons.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I can think of a bunch of games where goons work together well and have lots of fun without to much drama but I don't think many of those groups started with the plan of "Give everything you earn to this 1 guy, trust us".

How do the EVE goons handle this stuff?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

megalodong posted:

the unofficial roleplaying server.

What server is this because I feel like I missed a opportunity here.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

My guild got 2 (two) -count them on your fingers to make sure the number even exists- 8x8 farms.

We're genuinely happy with this b/c we had nothing before.

e: lotus petals are the new name of the game.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

My dumb elf guild of 10 lvl 50's with lvl 40 gear finally got ourselves on Valors KOS list.

Its mainly because we made fun of one of their officers for threatening us with br00tal PKings after we started taunting him while blocking a bridge.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

About half of my guilds fishing boat claims on friendly westerners involve 2 or 3 people jumping over to their ship while they're surrounded by other fishers and driving off with it while they ask us to stop moving it.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Nude farming, the best and only defence.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Yeah this game is poo poo garbage and I quit a ~month~ ago and passed the guild bank to one of 3 friends who felt like they spent too much of their money to quit.
I think since that period about a month ago where the servers were down for 3 days I logged on maybe 4 times (b/c my guildies needed me to).

I'm playing Startrek Online now.
Basically I posted this to tell you guys to play STO instead.

Digital Fingers fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Dec 24, 2014

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Unguided posted:

As bad and grindy as STO's endgame became after the level 60 update, it's still way better than ArcheAge's endgame. Though the real endgame is annoying people online.

I don't even know if STO is a really good game or not or if Archeage was really that bad by comparison , I mean i think i like it but maybe that just some sort of PTS.

I mean with MMOS in general what do you really have that's long lasting though? WoW, EvE and STO, Planetside 2, D2(3), UO, and maybe a few others are the only ones that I can list off the top of my head still draw a sizeable profit after all these years; Maybe that means they're good?

Idk, if you like space and sci fi STO seems the way to go.

Third World Reggin posted:

the other end game of STO

I turn down every invite I get in game on the premise they're trying to have cyber sex with me

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I met a guy the other day who claimed to be "probably one of the richest guys on the server" and he's given me about 100~ mil EC of purp officers if not more (some weren't even listed on the market) + he's actually a really cool guy i talk about old SNL skits with so i've been having a good time, experiences may vary.

Even without that I spent 60$ on this game (which is my cut off point on anyone game a year) and seemed to be pretty well set off; Figured out getting purple doffs was important right away and did so and I think i'm just about set until the end game. Looking at the end game prices of things in STO it's still quicker + more fun to grind them then planting loving potatoes and not having a spaceship battle while planting said potatoes.

e: also what's the better option if you want a space game? Eve or the promise of star citizen?

Digital Fingers fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Dec 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

It's not borderline worthless if the trade rates 2.1 million ec = 1.25$ for a key, lol

• Locked thread