Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014
What purpose do the private workbenches actually serve? Is it just for people that can't be assed walking to the merchants?

Also is there a difference between the private workbenches and the regal ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

Xzov posted:

CDC checkpoint operations are currently ongoing in Ynystere. All travelers are advised to exercise necessary precautions when traveling through this area. Remember - your health and safety is the number one concern of CDC Nuia!

It's admirable how solid that Goon Wall of China is. Visited it earlier and nothing can budge any of the tractors.

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014
How does the extra tax on Auroria work?

When there's a tax rate of 50% is that 50% of the base tax only or does that 50% also include tax increase due to owning more than 3 buildings?

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014
I made the dumb mistake of going afk thinking that you wouldn't get the disconnect error again just from getting booted to the character select screen (You do).

With no-one being able to log in, auction sniping was piss easy and I was able to grab around 400 tax certs for a grand total of 10 gold, among other things.

Funnily enough, I haven't been able to log in again for the rest of the day.

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

Fauxtool posted:

good price, terrible idea. Things for sale go in SA-Mart
Try playerauctions

Out of curiosity, is playerauctions worth the 10% sellers fee?

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

Fauxtool posted:

do you know another service that acts as escrow to sell your nonexistent items?

I suppose not :saddowns:

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014
Oh Archeage forums, you never fail to impress.

quote:

Remember the names.

Victoria Voss - Producer

Evan Berman - Lead Community Manger, btw he isnt even at Trion atm he is at BlizzCon

It isn't just Trion that is unmoralistic, it is the employees that allow it. Remember names as they change companies remind people of the type of person they are.

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

There are people on the official forums that are quitting the game over this because they decided to invest all their gold in thunderstruck trees for some absurd reason.

Funnily enough Aranzeb is the fullest it's been today since the Auroria launch.

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

Umbreon posted:

Reporting my personal experience with the above mentioned east guilds:

AussieAge: after i went unpirate, i joined up with them. They seem very condensed in terms of how pubbielike they are, they can go from joking around in gchat to at each others throats because they literally keep killing each other in hasla. :stare:

They also did not like the fact that me and a friend stole a fishing boat from BWTC. BWTC went crying to a guild officer after me and a (unguilded and fresh 50) buddy managed to kill the crew of a BWTC fishing boat and steal it. Said officer whispered me sometime later wondering wtf i was thinking, and after he started explaining things about "FISHING PACTS" and "respect fishing", I saw the life of this thread flashing before my eyes and gquit. (I did say to tell BWTC that i was kicked for my heinous crimes)

Tl; dr: dont join aussieage if you plan on not respecting fishing. :v:

Traphouse: I saw a group of 6 traphouse dudes farming in hasla, so i tried to chat them up and see if they were recruiting. No responses from any of them. I figured they must be on mental autopilot from hasla grinding, so I ran into them middle of them, and spoke to the closest member by name and asked again. And was promptly ignored again.

I was later doing some arena matches and one of them (Pope, iirc) was on my team. I chatted him up and we were talking for a bit after the match. The moment I asked if traphouse had any recruiting policies, he promptly stopped responding to me and hasnt answered a whisper ever since. :smith:

Tl; dr: Im guessing they all intentionally ignored me for a reason unknown to me. Maybe theyll care about you enough to respond to you if youre geared or something?

BWTC: The crew we killed started making death threats to me and my friend when they spotted us on the villanelle docks after we ran off from the fishing boat. Forestcrow dudes, BWTC and like 2 other guilds all showed up in clippers and a loving galleon to swarm us (yes, all that for 2 ungeared scrubs on a clipper) after we killed another one of the people who were angrily chasing us into ynystere. i desummoned my boat as a harpoon was midair to catch us, and we made it on to land and sped away.

Tl; dr: do not join BWTC unless you dont mind FISHING PACTS and "please respect fishing". Also make sure you dont mind your guildmates being so mad about fishing that they will literally call in 4 guilds, a fleet of clippers and a galleon to try and kill 2 ungeared 50s on a clipper. (And still gently caress it up and let them escape)

Having been in quite a few pubbie guilds on East they all have the same rule over fishing.

Spartan Legion had the exact same drama as Goon Squad, a few of the officers were attacking and stealing fish from greens, which let to spartan fishermen being KOS at any fishing area.

Sick of being killed and denied their precious fish, half of the guild's biggest poopsockers left to create Trigger Happy (to which I was invited to despite contributing gently caress-all to the guild because gently caress spending 2 hours helping transport trade packs for nothing in return) and the other half left when they realised the guild was basically poo poo now.

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

kznlol posted:

I..what?

I now want to see a game of those bots versus the actual AI and see what happens.

They're not really 'bots', they're just scripts that you can toggle on/off and if it's possible to last-hit then it will do so. Movement still has to be controlled by the player.

But yes it does exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

himurak posted:

You know there is probably another thread to talk about SWTOR. Get out of my Archeage thread with your not Archeage talk. Can we get some actual moderation here there really is no excuse at this point.

Archeage talk: Red Dragon is due out soon anyone planning on tackling that on release?

Did you end up letting umbreon into whatever east guild you guys made?

• Locked thread