Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
During the $150 closed beta test, those of us who joined up late (a month after launch for me) were poo poo out of luck when it came to finding plots of land for farms and houses. Most of us were forced out at low levels to the high level PVP zones and were constantly being killed while just trying to milk some stupid cows. If I were to start playing this game again post-release, would this be the case again since I am starting late? Are there any plots of land available in the friendly zones at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

SumYungGui posted:

hackers and script kiddies just looking to flip plots for profit.

Seems like much hasn't changed from beta, then.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

UoI posted:

:siren: Santa has come to ArcheAge! :siren:

Because I have more land than I know what to do with and it's the season of giving! During the first weekend of the new year all the landless goons will have a chance at winning sweet, sweet land! More details of the contest will be coming soon, so keep an eye out in this thread.

Prizes include:

First prize: A thatched farmhouse (built)

Second and third place: large farm

Fourth and fifth: A gold amount equivalent to the price of a large farm

Everyone is welcome to participate. All land is located in Lilyut, south-west of Windshade. Sales certificates will be supplied by myself.

If there is a better time other than the current weekend stated that everyone can agree upon please tell me.

Have a good time this week and happy holidays

Edit: This will be on Aranzeb, of course.

As a level 30 with only a small farm, this sounds amazing. L.Hills is my favorite zone too :dance:

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Bait and Swatch posted:

Rather than merge guilds, as it may not be what everyone wants and could end up leaving people out in the cold if they aren't on / don't want to join a different guild, why don't you all just use our mumble? I think it may be the best way to get everyone what they want, as we all have more people to play with since its easier to link up, and we don't risk anyone getting left behind. My wife and I own the Smite mumble, so we created some extra channels in there. We have one set aside for you guys, and another one for if people from either guild want to just group up and play without having to talk over people in either of the other channels (we can always add more also). Would this work?

From hanging out in Vaior guild chat the last week, I can't imagine anyone really would have a problem with it. Its pretty much an across the board opinion that we need other people to play with. Whether Something Lawful wants new members or not is another story I can't comment on.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

hakimashou posted:

ETA, does anyone want to buy some nice land from the original head start land rush in north and south 2 crowns?

I'm going to let my patron expire at the end of January. I've got a large farm about 3 plots from the N 2c crafting bench, a house on the cliff there, and another large farm in south 2 crowns by Ezna harbor.

What would you want for them? I've been trying to find a spot to plop my large farm for a while to no avail.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

You know if you ignore the guild drama, server politics and level 50 powergaming min/max attitude... the game isn't as horrible and people make it out to be. I like the farming and gathering mechanics, playing the AH game and the small-scale group vs. group pvp and ship-to-ship combat. Sure this game has its pain in the rear end moments (like finding land or RNG crafting) but so does every other MMO.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Real talk: When you log on after having been away for a little while, how do you spend your 5000 labor? So far I've just been buying stacks of components to make Small seed oil and Fine Lumber, but it takes for god drat ever to process 2000 lumber.

Edit: Make Small Seed Oil and Fine Lumber to flip on the AH, that is.

Prophecy120 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 10, 2015

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

On a related note, I've had pretty good success using the auction channel to buy Thunderstruck trees and logs for 20-30g below AH price and just relisting them. If you have the gold to invest its a nice way to make 10-15g per tree/log.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Welp just got the email that my patron status has expired. RIP Archeage.

• Locked thread