Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

I agree wholeheartedly, which, unless I'm mistaken, sat at the core of Eonwe's "trolling".

In any case, I'd like to just take things back and just talk about AA stuff. I feel pretty strongly guild drama should be confined to the offsite wherever possible.

Speaking off, Widestancer, could you add the info for the various AA goon guilds to the OP? I don't know, I might have missed it, sorry if you already posted it.

How come I don't see you in game much anymore? We need some firm hands these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think you can only do high level crafting on regal ones.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

wfwon posted:

That is until the "PvP" Commander, Kim-"FYGM"-semus, decide to screw everyone by killing all the other "non allied" greens fishing with us.

Haha I've always wanted to do that but instead I try and make nice with everyone.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

I personally had a great time leading pirate content with one of the largest pirate fleets we've had in awhile, and we were able to have fun while respecting our fishing agreements 100%. Even though DBRB and others cried so much to Riyott he had to leave his IRL Friends and rush home to try and ban me on mumble, once everyone in the channel explained I, and the others did nothing wrong, he left satisfied that the pirates, once again, were on the right side of justice.

C'mon bud, give us the juicy details! People having fun will attract new players!

e: I can't believe people texted Riyott, and that he went home.

Here's a few snaps I took the other day.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 30, 2014

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I unironically love you.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The story goes Wicked wanted to contest it and we did all the work. But then the stories change and goons are just itching to gently caress with Wicked sometimes.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oh for gently caress sakes goons, you're the worst.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Simon Numbers posted:

You realize that SCT and Dodgy remained friendly right? And nothing actually changes, you morons are just trying to start the drama chain again for some reason.

Probably because you've reached peak fireman position and people are calling you out on your poo poo.

Who the gently caress are you and why are you talking?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yeah gently caress competent people that want to actually do things and have fun with people.

e: ITS A GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yeah its like they know what's going on and have an opinion about it. What's wrong with you?

Oh, today we found out 6 people can totally do GG.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Simon Numbers posted:

Yes, that's whats happening here.

Crack cocaine was invented to gently caress over poor people.

911 was an inside job.

Atlantis is real.

I'm not gay.

You're funny.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

you missed the part where a goon had a kuuenbu-style meltdown in the mumble channel

over fishing

in a video game

Who was that, Gicer or DirtyFalcon?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Do we know who put Taters in charge? What mad man degenerate?

e:Oh, it must have been Dodgy. What the gently caress.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 31, 2014

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Rather than walking on eggshells and waiting to be kicked, I've decided to leave. If things ever get better I'd be happy to return to GS, but for the moment I don't believe we see eye to eye and I respectfully resign from the guild. Feel free to say "Hi" in game.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed that very much, thank you BaS.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

Yet Widestancer has the best OP yet. Should Imp Zone control all the OPs in the MMO HMO?

I think so! :pcgaming:

G-good morning Sempai!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
If the pirate goons can use the offsite, its very silly that you can't Eonwe. Truly a travesty of justice.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I thougt Kiiz had all the mats for the castle. Kiiz left? Also sorry goonfleet peeps, im out drunk and having fun. Much like i assume you all are.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Valor isn't the leader or even an officer in Valor. Their GM is "on a need to know basis" according to some guy in Valor I asked the other day.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Where'd Kimsemus go?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I was told today that the fishing goons converted their stolen guild bank into fishing supplies :V

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Piracy alone makes this game worth playing, we're having a blast tonight.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Thank you Widestancer for making the best AA thread so far. That is to say, the most coherent and reasonable.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

dkj posted:

How long with this thread last?

You just finished it. GG.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think you mean ":D I'm still in GOONS!"

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've kept in touch with a few pubbies I grouped with on my slog to 50, some of em are pretty cool guys. If you have friends, make sure they're cool and let em in.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
A bunch of us managed to place plots tonight, so I call it a victory. The 3rd and 4th castles took so drat long to place I was falling asleep in my chair. Also pubbies on the AA forums are screaming bloody murder about pre-patch rollbacks and refunds, its great.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
And some people say video games can't be art.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Drinkfist posted:

Feed me you fucks.

Well, I got ganked running a building trade pack to my new house on Auroria and I laughed it off, but secretly it kinda hurt and I'm sad now.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I removed anyone under lvl 50 that hasn't logged in in a month. If anyone does want to still play and you've been kicked, please pm me and I'll get you back in. As well, if anyone was accidentally kicked, please message me as well. I tried to be super careful so I don't think anyone active was kicked.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

:drat:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
To anyone still having fps issues, disable the multithreading in your AA options menu. I disabled it, restarted the client and I've basically eliminated most of my fps issues.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
We've had a great time with jerkjerk this morning with fishing and merchant raids/runs.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
God I hope so.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I wasn't out there for the fish.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I spent this morning doing GHA runs with players that had never done it before. It was kind of fun teaching them all the tricks and getting them gear. One fellow, on his very first run, got a heroic chest piece. Lucky bugger.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIqhkma_dWE

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Peep Show made me uncomfortable to watch sometimes, but the good bits were brilliant. I would highly recommend Snuff Box. Only 5 episodes and they're all solid gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing games with goons since 2003, this has definitely been the most anger and drama I've seen so far. I didn't play Darkfall though, I hear that one wasn't pleasant either.

With an increase in goons, a lot of us lose that "tight-knit" feel we used to feel in goon guilds. Maybe it was just me though. I have noticed in a few games that people that ran poo poo in other games would come into a new game with a sort of expectation that the pecking order would remain the same. I frankly couldn't care less who "runs" poo poo, as long as people are having fun and we're creating content for one another. Maybe that isn't the reason for drama here either.

I think its a few different things maybe. As the average goon is getting older, we have full time jobs and responsibilities, and choosing to use AA to take up our free time is an investment. If people are causing your investment of time to not be worthwhile, I expect people to leave or go with other likeminded's to achieve whatever it is they're looking to get out of the game. Some people don't have the patience to deal with others.

It could be the increasing hostility I see on the internet in general these days, zero empathy and echo chambers. Could be the young vs the old. The casuals vs the tryhards. Blacks and whites. Jews and gentiles. Christians and atheists. It could be a lot of things.

Its not though. Having given it some thought, I know why everyone was angry and Goon Squad imploded. The answer is fishing.

• Locked thread